Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+26
Whitesince63
Norpig
boltonbonce
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
okocha
Hip Priest
Sluffy
gloswhite
wessy
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
y2johnny
Hipster_Nebula
observer
xmiles
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Nigelbwfc
bryan458
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 29 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 50]

161Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Mar 11 2020, 13:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good luck to him. he did play a couple of games at left back for us i think? 
Ostersunds seems like a well run club and a few other English lads have gone over there especially when Graham Potter was in charge so it could work out well for him.

162Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 11 2020, 13:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nicky Hunt released by Crewe, time to come home Nicky we just need another 10 of you   Laughing

163Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 20 2020, 22:27

Read today Remi Matthews saying he was waiting for offers - personally don’t think he’s a great keeper but it’s a pain of a position to fill - particularly in the lower leagues.

164Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 20 2020, 23:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Read today Remi Matthews saying he was waiting for offers - personally don’t think he’s a great keeper but it’s a pain of a position to fill - particularly in the lower leagues.
The article did say that he's waiting to see what the club can offer him so I guess that he - like many, many other players are waiting see how the new economics of running a football club pan out. 
There was an article in the BN about how our managerial targets are seeking assurances about the club's finances - fair play to them - it's due diligence.
In the scheme of things it seems likely that there will be a lot of out of contract players and potentially some clubs could actually go to the wall, so from our perspective we just have to hope that the SMT have got a good plan and that the incoming manager has the wherewithal to compete for what s(he) needs within the parameters of our finances. 

It's a shame we had to sell Jake Turner as I'd have been happy to let Remi go to spend his wages elsewhere if we had Turner with Matt Alexander as back up - but I think MA is too young to take the number 1 slot at 18 especially without back up so we do need to pay for someone and it might as well be Remi if he's reasonable in negotiations.

165Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 23 2020, 17:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Right, where do I begin...

166Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 23 2020, 22:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are you back to being ITK Boggers?

167Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 23 2020, 22:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has a 100% record.

168Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 23 2020, 23:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can only guess at the club's financial situation but I think it would be reasonable to assume we are probably as skint as a recently robbed refugee so as far as paying a fee for a manager goes mustn't there be a case for shoving the money on the pitch instead?

Isn't there a passable out-of-contract manager out there capable of getting the best out of our thin squad bolstered by the arrival of a new player paid for by the money we save on release clause fees?

I didn't think I'd arrive here but given his success in bringing young talent through PLUS a cash bonus the pendulum is swinging towards Lee Diddy for me. Don't think he's ever had £120 grand (or whatever the compen to barrow is) to spend before.

Or another OOC manager so we can put the money on the pitch. 

Be good for the transfer rumours thread too Smile

169Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 24 2020, 10:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Are you back to being ITK Boggers?

That title never went away

170Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 24 2020, 10:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It doesn't matter how many good and honest passengers you have on a bus, if the driver doesn't know the best route, they will never reach their destination in time.

171Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 24 2020, 11:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:It doesn't matter how many good and honest passengers you have on a bus, if the driver doesn't know the best route, they will never reach their destination in time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

172Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 24 2020, 11:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And we've had some bad drivers.

173Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 24 2020, 11:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:And we've had some bad drivers.
..and some empty buses.

174Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 24 2020, 16:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Norpig wrote:

Showing your age there Mr Pig.  Laughing

175Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jun 28 2020, 10:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spearing released by Blackpool, anyone want him back?

176Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jun 28 2020, 11:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Spearing released by Blackpool, anyone want him back?

No.

177Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jun 28 2020, 11:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Care to elaborate?

178Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jun 28 2020, 11:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Would he be classed as an overrated ponce? Not heard you use that term for a long while Nat  Very Happy

179Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jun 28 2020, 11:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everyone seems to want to live in the past.

We need to start again from scratch. New manager and new players with no connection to BWFC.

180Transfer rumours ! - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jun 28 2020, 12:51

Im with Nat, clean break time. To me Spearing is synonymous with a team of under performers, he always seemed to give his all on the pitch but I remember him getting out to Ibiza in the middle of a season we were really struggling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 29 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum