Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+26
Whitesince63
Norpig
boltonbonce
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
okocha
Hip Priest
Sluffy
gloswhite
wessy
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
y2johnny
Hipster_Nebula
observer
xmiles
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Nigelbwfc
bryan458
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 50]

201Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 30 2020, 21:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lewis Hardcastle. Wants to cancel contract with Barrow and follow Evatt to Bolton Wanderers. Also highly likely that John Rooney will join the club. Younger brother of Wayne

202Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 30 2020, 21:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

John Rooney is in a contract until the end of next season so that is highly unlikely as we’d have to pay a fee so rules us out

203Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 30 2020, 21:57

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There’ll be no fee involved, he is pushing to cancel his contract by mutual consent

204Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 30 2020, 22:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:There’ll be no fee involved, he is pushing to cancel his contract by mutual consent

Very Happy

205Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jul 02 2020, 19:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Daryl Murphy, Emmanuel, Lowe and Zouma have all re signed

206Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 03 2020, 13:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Eoin Doyle rumour seems to be picking up pace....

207Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 03 2020, 13:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Daryl Murphy, Emmanuel, Lowe and Zouma have all re signed
ITK Boggers?

208Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 03 2020, 16:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
ITK Boggers?

As always

209Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 03 2020, 17:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Daryl Murphy, Emmanuel, Lowe and Zouma have all re signed
I'm just not seeing Barcelona.

210Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jul 04 2020, 13:57

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:Lewis Hardcastle. Wants to cancel contract with Barrow and follow Evatt to Bolton Wanderers. Also highly likely that John Rooney will join the club. Younger brother of Wayne
They may want to but will Barrow agree?

211Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jul 04 2020, 14:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We won't be signing any Barrow players.

Boggers has been made to look a right knob. Again.

212Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2020, 11:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

213Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2020, 11:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we can get Doyle that would make a statement! I know he's 32 but he had a great season last year and would be the kind of striker we've been crying out for years.

214Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2020, 12:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:If we can get Doyle that would make a statement! I know he's 32 but he had a great season last year and would be the kind of striker we've been crying out for years.

Well if you believe Nixon (fwiw I think he does have some idea of things happening around the club - vastly more than Iles that's for sure) this is what he said in an earlier tweet.

Make of it what you will  but it seems a bit odd to me to choose to appoint a manager 'first' and then be certain of signing the player they want him to manage 'second'.

What if you've signed the manager and then the player then signs for another club?

Talks cheap and all that but as I say he breaks the story's well before Iles, who as far as I can tell doesn't even seem to be welcome at the club apart from 'formal' occasions like the appointment of the new manager and how he fits in with Phoenix's role there.

Speaking of which, another tweet from Nixon about that -

Again talks cheap and all that.

Who would be the people with a say in the new manager?

Phoenix definitely, Kenyon I would imagine but who else?

Not Sharron, perhaps one or both of her sons? (would they know anything about lower level football managers - I doubt it?), Michael James perhaps (but as someone with money in the club and 'pays' the other two I would imagine he'd probably have the final word if he wanted it), so whoever it might be, I certainly don't think they were important enough to out-rank Phoenix.

Just my view on things.

215Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2020, 12:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely the jaw-dropping bit of this is that Nixon is implying we have outbid 2 other clubs. Us.

216Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2020, 13:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eoin Doyle done deal

217Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2020, 13:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Surely the jaw-dropping bit of this is that Nixon is implying we have outbid 2 other clubs. Us.

Not really if you think about it.

First and just for clarification, he's out of contract so we've apparently offered him a 'better' contract than the others, rather than 'outbid' as in terms of offering a transfer fee - so we are taking wages (and perhaps length of contract also).

If you consider we have (I think?) only two players contracted as 'senior' first team players and about what eight or nine others who have just signed from our youth team or nonleague teams - then we've got a fair bit of flexibility what to spend our available wage budget on - particularly in terms of the talked about 'salary cap'.

I don't know how the other teams like Swindon and Salford are placed but I would suspect they have plenty players already contracted for the coming season and thus have to be taken into account for what salary budget they have left to offer Doyle (and if they blow a big wodge on him, how much they then have left to fill the other gaps in the team they have).

We on the other hand could probably afford to make him our 'marque' signing (wage wise) and still have sufficient left to get players good enough for our needs to top up the rest of the places in the squad.

I can't say I knew anything of Doyle before we were linked too him and he seems to be a late 'bloomer' to say the least at 32 years of age but we need a goal scorer if we want to get out of this division and we have no idea how good/bad Faal is (being the only other striker on our books) and so I guess they reckon the chance to get a proven one, is worth taking.

That's how I reason it.

218Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2020, 13:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:Eoin Doyle done deal

Even Iles has beaten you to this one!

Very Happy

219Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2020, 13:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Even Iles has beaten you to this one!

Very Happy

Only Guru Boggers actually says the deal is done though

220Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 05 2020, 13:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doyle is not especially tall for a target man at a smidge under 6' but he's strong and I'm presuming the plan will be to play to feet anyway seeing as we're going to be Barca-esque.

I think the thing that swung it is that he and Evatt used to be team mates.

Does anyone have a definitive list of who has moved on from last season - and who's left?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum