Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+26
Whitesince63
Norpig
boltonbonce
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
okocha
Hip Priest
Sluffy
gloswhite
wessy
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
Ten Bobsworth
terenceanne
y2johnny
Hipster_Nebula
observer
xmiles
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Nigelbwfc
bryan458
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 50]

521Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Nov 07 2020, 09:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What went wrong with Faal? Don't get it.

522Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Nov 07 2020, 23:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:What went wrong with Faal? Don't get it.
Phenomenal goal scoring record at  a lower level doesn't mean anything in the league so he was signed as a punt but he must have been pants in training as he's hardly been given a chance with us.

523Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Nov 08 2020, 11:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He desreved a go at league 2 level surely as we are hardly banging in goals for fun are we?

Hope he goes to Barnet and gets some game time and scores a few and then maybe he can come back.

524Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Nov 23 2020, 23:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Evatt says he's looking for signings in certain positions, but refuses to say who or where. Sounds like stating the intention to make signings to me. Happy days.

525Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 09:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

We can only hope one of them is a goalkeeper.

526Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 12:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:We can only hope one of them is a goalkeeper.
Is that still a priority now that Gilks has shown he can still hack it? With Crellin and Alexander behind him I reckon we're well endowed in that department and there's nothing to suggest Gilks couldn't play the whole season anyway - giving the other two time to develop a bit more.

527Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 12:31

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Gilks has certainly impressed but I think we need to acquire another keeper. I don't believe Crellin will ever be reliable and he is on loan anyway.

528Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 14:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
xmiles wrote:We can only hope one of them is a goalkeeper.
Is that still a priority now that Gilks has shown he can still hack it? With Crellin and Alexander behind him I reckon we're well endowed in that department and there's nothing to suggest Gilks couldn't play the whole season anyway - giving the other two time to develop a bit more.

"It is understood a goalkeeper will be one of the key positions Wanderers are looking to strengthen, with concerns existing over loanee Billy Crellin’s recent form and whether 38-year-old Matt Gilks can hold up the number one spot for the remainder of the campaign".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

529Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 15:32

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:Gilks has certainly impressed but I think we need to acquire another keeper. I don't believe Crellin will ever be reliable and he is on loan anyway.
I agree, another mature experienced goalkeeper would be my priority.

530Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 15:45

Ideally we need two players for every position. So I reckon keeper, a RWB (assuming Jones will play out of position at LWB?) and ideally a decent quality striker - if Doyle got injured again id be worried.

Gilks
Signing needed

Baptiste       Santos       Delaney
Brockbank    Greenidge   Taft

Kioso                  Tutte                       Jones
Signing needed   Thomason/Comley    Gordon/Mascoll?

Sarc        Crawford
Isgrove    Darcy

Delf         Doyle
Gnaoha    Miller

531Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 15:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hickman can play RWB as could Brockbank when he's fit so we should be ok there but i agree we need another keeper and striker

532Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 16:21

Ye good point on Hickman, forgot about him. Thought he looked okay at the start of the season too, just a bit raw.

Long season ahead, but if we can keep the spine of Sarc, Santos and Doyle fit i think we're in with a good chance.

533Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 16:49

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Crawford worries me, his free kicks rarely produce a constructive ball and when he shoots he usually blasts it into the stands.

Yes, I know he scored on Saturday.

Hopefully Darcy will get more chances.

534Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 18:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
I agree, another mature experienced goalkeeper would be my priority.
Not for me.
Gilks will do and Alexander was great against Coventry last year so should be fine at this level. Longer term maybe another goalie, but if we're going to have a push for promotion this season, we need the money elsewhere.

535Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 20:16

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote: a push for promotion this season

I like your optimism. Smile

536Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 21:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

I like your optimism. Smile
Well we've got to a level which suggests we won't be in a relegation battle so we should be looking up the table, especially with this run of games against lower placed opposition, and if we're going to recruit we should have that in mind. We can always reshuffle in the summer when the loanees return, but the job in hand is now.

537Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 21:18

If no keeper what position would you spend the money on Lust?

538Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 21:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:If no keeper what position would you spend the money on Lust?

We can't spend the money on transfer or loan fess remember as we are still under embargo...

...and not to be too negative about things, we still need to pay off all outstanding creditors from Administration at the end of the season or face a further 13 point penalty (I think it is 13, might even be 15?)

We will bring in a keeper, there's no doubt about that considering Alexander is only 18 years old and isn't anywhere near ready yet and Crelin who has something like a dozen combined England caps for the Under 17s/18s/19s/20s, is clearly not the finished article by a long way yet.

539Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 21:47

Do you need to be pedantic about everything? Everyone’s aware of the situation, and you know exactly what Lust meant.

540Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 22:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Do you need to be pedantic about everything? Everyone’s aware of the situation, and you know exactly what Lust meant.

Pedantic???

I'm just telling it as it is.

If you want to be unrealistic about things then I think we should put in a bit for Alisson, Salah, and Mane  from Liverpool, might as well go for Kane at Spurs as well  - is that the sort of reply you were looking for instead?

And if there's one thing I do know about Wanderlust he can never admit that he's ever wrong so he'll ALWAYS say we didn't need to bring another keeper in because if he didn't he would be admitting he got it wrong in the first place!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum