Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 50]

281How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You need a new hobby.

282How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:18 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:You need a new hobby.
And you need a new attitude towards people that happen to upset your opinions or political allegiances. Sneering is unbecoming.

You haven't been the same ever since I used the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink".....which you wrongly decided was aimed at you. It was merely a general observation aimed at no one in particular, intended to refer to the sort of people who refuse to adapt their views, no matter what evidence is provided.

I'm interested in ways that the government could do better....and challenging MPs' failings so that the country's problems can be overcome with well-thought-out, clearer, firmer policies that involve kindness, honesty, and a sense of fair play.  

I write to my local MP who is very keen to hear constituents' views.  I always get very polite, balanced replies, that show a willingness to adapt.

283How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:31 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is a football forum. If you have issues with the government contact your MP or start a protest march.

284How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:38 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

okocha wrote:
And you need a new attitude towards people that happen to upset your opinions or political allegiances. Sneering is unbecoming.

You haven't been the same ever since I used the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink".....which you wrongly decided was aimed at you. It was merely a general observation aimed at no one in particular, intended to refer to the sort of people who refuse to adapt their views, no matter what evidence is provided.

I'm interested in ways that the government could do better....and challenging MPs' failings so that the country's problems can be overcome with well-thought-out, clearer, firmer policies that involve kindness, honesty, and a sense of fair play.  

I write to my local MP who is very keen to hear constituents' views.  I always get very polite, balanced replies, that show a willingness to adapt.
Of what persuasion is your local MP? Labour, Conservative, or what ? Just our of interest.

285How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:11 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:This is a football forum. If you have issues with the government contact your MP or start a protest march.

There isn't much football to talk about is there.

286How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:40 am

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:This is a football forum. If you have issues with the government contact your MP or start a protest march.

Yet you are joining in with comments on government policy over quarantine......

Proxy voting by MPs....yet another decision that govt has got wrong....ironically, this time, by acting hastily for once?

My MP is not in favour of Mogg's reckless motion....and I suspect that Alok may want to change his yes vote now!

287How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:06 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Yet you are joining in with comments on government policy over quarantine......

So as one of the many people who criticised the government for not locking down international travel earlier, do you now agree with the governments 2 week quarantine?

288How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:41 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Boris breaks yet another promise. Entirely typical behaviour for him of course.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-chlorinated-chicken-trump-us-trade-a9549876.html

289How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:48 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be sticking to Barrons of Beef in Bolton to get my meat and wouldn't touch that shit with a 10 foot barge pole.

290How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:57 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Boris breaks yet another promise. Entirely typical behaviour for him of course.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-chlorinated-chicken-trump-us-trade-a9549876.html

I can't take more chicken news, we had enough of this on the Brexit thread.

291How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:17 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Were all doomed. 
If the virus, or chlorinated chicken doesn't get us, we'll probably be attacked by aliens.  ..dunno..

292How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:29 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Were all doomed. 
If the virus, or chlorinated chicken doesn't get us, we'll probably be attacked by aliens.  ..dunno..

293How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:23 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Boris needs to ejaculate his cummings... Embarassed Laughing

Good one. Laughing

294How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:39 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

295How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:18 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:Business as usual obviously:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52999732
If this is true, and it certainly isn't looking good for Jenrick, then he should be investigated, and kicked out if true.
I have to wonder though, if he managed to save the billionaire £40m, by stepping in, why did the party only get a measly £12k ?  That in itself seems a bit odd.

296How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:47 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Although he is a billionaire I believe Richard Desmond is notoriously stingy. Smile

297How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:42 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

xmiles wrote:Business as usual obviously:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52999732

xmiles:- Your news about Kenrick above comes in the wake of him "doing a Cummings", as reported by Sky News (See below).

He seems to have problems with honesty, transparency and self-interest.

Days after chairing a government news conference in Westminster to reinforce the "stay at home" message, Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick appeared on Sky News via video link from the seventeenth century manor house he owns in the hamlet of Eye, Suffolk.

This is despite the Nottinghamshire MP's website stating his family live 120 miles away in his constituency of Newark as well as in London.

298How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:29 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I wonder why Boris won't publish the report into Russian interference?

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-report-boris-johnson-conservatives-wife-former-putin-ally-2020-6

299How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:21 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Now, I know some of you are sick of politics in general and Tory-bashing in particular, but The Observer editorial today sums things up without pulling any punches whatsoever. 

Don't read it if you feel it's going to infuriate you and that it won't be good for your health ....but please don't shoot the messenger!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jun/14/the-observer-view-as-britain-flounders-europe-charts-its-recovery?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

300How is the Tory government doing? - Page 15 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:09 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can guess what it says.

It's very easy to criticise from the outside.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum