Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 50]

561How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:16 am

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'd rather read a 1000 page thesis on slippers.
So would the government.....and the complete lack of governmental concern about Russia's influence is the problem!

562How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:19 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

PM me your address, I'll send one over. Laminated, for obvious reasons.

563How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:00 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

PM me your address, I'll send one over. Laminated, for obvious reasons.
Very Happy

564How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:22 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

All you need to know is that slippers are bad for your feet.

565How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:23 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
All you need to know is that slippers are bad for your feet.
I think Boncey just fainted after reading that.

566How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:33 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
I think Boncey just fainted after reading that.
I think you'll find they're talking about mules, which, as I've mentioned before, ARE NOT SLIPPERS. A little care and common sense when buying your slippers is all that's needed.
If in doubt, go to House Of Slippers, where you'll find the advice needed.
Thanks for posting Lusty, but you're clearly a troublemaker, and I'll be asking Sluffy to issue you with a permanent ban. Very Happy

https://www.houseofslippers.co.uk/contact-us-i188

567How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:03 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No surprise. Boris did suppress the report before the last election and the Tories didn't want to know about Russian involvement because it benefitted them politically and financially.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53484344

568How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:22 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

xmiles wrote:No surprise. Boris did suppress the report before the last election and the Tories didn't want to know about Russian involvement because it benefitted them politically and financially.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53484344

I've not read the article yet but my initial thoughts were 'rule 2'

Rule 1 - obtain power
Rule 2 - do whatever it takes to stay in power!

Easy understanding what goes on in politics/power when you simply apply the two golden rules.

569How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:34 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Easy to understand....less easy to condone. 

Where are we as a human race if we don't have a moral code to live by.?...Leaders should set an example to their citizens. We seem to be vying to copy Russia, China, the USA etc and the result will be disastrous for a world worth living in.

570How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:45 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Apparently, some of the information put into this report comes from as far back as 2017. I didn't expect any great revelation, nor was I disappointed.

571How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:16 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Rory Bremner brilliance.......watch right to the end when the spotlight turns briefly on our friend, Donald J Trump

572How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:29 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Laughing

573How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:41 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Apparently, some of the information put into this report comes from as far back as 2017. I didn't expect any great revelation, nor was I disappointed.
Further than that - it alludes to Russians messing with the Scottish Independence referendum which I think was 2014 and of course the EU referendum of 2016.
I didn't expect Boris to recommend an enquiry into the EU referendum despite the damning evidence, nor was I disappointed.

Tory chap I heard on the radio accepted that the Russians influenced public opinions but then claimed it didn't affect the outcome of the EU referendum. What an idiot! Surely people's opinions determine the way they vote and the way they vote determines the outcome?

574How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:15 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We've been battling away with the Russians since WW2, in many guises. As times and technologies change, so do the tactics, and often the targets. I genuinely can't understand how people are surprised at this. The report tells us nothing other than the government cocked up, took their eye off the ball, (for  whatever reason), and are now expecting the Security Services to own up to the Governments errors of judgement. Not a very good idea. Thank God Failing Grayling didn't get the post, otherwise nobody would hear of anything that went wrong.

575How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:27 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've been interfering in other countries for over 200 years.

576How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:45 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:We've been battling away with the Russians since WW2, in many guises. As times and technologies change, so do the tactics, and often the targets. I genuinely can't understand how people are surprised at this. The report tells us nothing other than the government cocked up, took their eye off the ball, (for  whatever reason), and are now expecting the Security Services to own up to the Governments errors of judgement. Not a very good idea. Thank God Failing Grayling didn't get the post, otherwise nobody would hear of anything that went wrong.
Not so much the "taking the eye off the ball" bit but the "letting a foreign power undermine our democracy and change the course of our history despite being fully aware that they were doing it" bit that gets me.

Noticed that they tried to ameliorate the impact by suggesting Labour were also culpable in the dim and distant past by allowing Russian oligarchs to enter the country, even though it clearly says "recent Governments" were at fault for the electoral fraud bit.

577How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:38 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

578How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I notice also that,unsurprisingly, Bolton's two Tory MP's voted against the amendment raised to protect the future of our NHS. Our Labour MP voted in favour.

579How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:19 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

boltonbonce wrote:We've been interfering in other countries for over 200 years.
I read in the local paper about a year or so ago, (and I believe it was also mentioned on the TV), that GCHQ was changing their stance to include an offensive role where necessary. I think it was at the time they were given the go ahead to the new Cyber Park they are going to build. About time too I think.
The world of cyber warfare is indeed getting more complicated by the day.

580How is the Tory government doing? - Page 29 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:39 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Warning: Grumpy rant below:

The main platform and slogan used by the Tories in the run up to the election was "Get Brexit Done" wasn't it?
Well then..
...the fifth round of talks ends tomorrow and they are no nearer getting it done than the day they took office by the looks of things, with both the left and right wing media reporting that there is now little or no chance of a deal (as predicted). Moreover, according to the Telegraph it is now the Government's "central working assumption" that there will be no deal with the EU.
Which of course means we'll lose all the favourable trade deals with countries around the world that are currently in place thanks to the EU and absolutely f*** all to replace them.

Who'd have thunk it? well pretty much everyone who knows the first thing about world trade.
Was it Putin's the Tory's plan all along? We'll probably never know for sure.

But what we do know for sure is that we are going to be well and truly f****d, selling off the NHS is more likely than not, we are saddled with more debt than ever before and we won't have the means to service it.

I just hope the people the voted for this debacle are feeling proud of themselves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum