Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit Watch

+14
Ten Bobsworth
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
okocha
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Norpig
Sluffy
sunlight
karlypants
boltonbonce
wanderlust
xmiles
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 27]

221Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Wed 29 Sep - 16:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Loved that picture of him at the end, arms outstretched. He looked like The Great Marvo taking the applause after being fired from a cannon.

222Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Wed 29 Sep - 17:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Loved that picture of him at the end, arms outstretched. He looked like The Great Marvo taking the applause after being fired from a cannon.

Yes I saw that on the BBC footage header and tried to copy it and post it on here as I thought it was so good - but I couldn't work out how to do it.

Here's a similar one to it but the BBC's somehow looked a lot better!

Brexit Watch - Page 12 03a4c0dfc8301c2472170156d322b649Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjMzMDAxNDc5-2.62754883

And fwiw, he is doing (or at least starting to act) in focusing on getting Labour electable again.

The problem with politics is that individuals use the 'two rules' to promote their own self interests and which sometimes conflicts with the party's itself -  Cameron forced through the referendum in order to squash his Eurosceptic opponents in the party, Johnson led the leave campaign to position himself for a future leadership challenge by getting the Eurosceptic vote, never believing he would win the referendum and the Corbynites want to control the Labour Party to push their beliefs that are simply not shared by the vast majority of the electorate.

First rule of politics is to obtain power in anyway you can - the left want to control the party but the public simply don't share their vision.

What's better a Labour party that is won by the left but never will be elected to be a government, or a Labour party that is led by the right, elected to government one day, and who the left still have some semblance and influence of pushing their policy aims, maybe even achieving a few of them?

Seems obvious to me, in just the same way I asked others to stop playing their various games on here - no point winning the battle if you lose the war, is there?

I also think that Rayner is playing a canny game.

She's a leftie but sees Starmer as the only feasible means of moving the party back to being electable again, and thus isn't sabotaging Starmer - which she certainly could.

She's got her eye on being the next leader after Starmer and I think she might well achieve it too by having lefty support and working with the right to achieve their aims and thus being a popular candidate to both warring factions.

223Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri 1 Oct - 1:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Latest YouGov poll shows only 4% of Brits think Brexit has "gone very well".
How come they're all on here? Smile

224Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri 1 Oct - 1:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

225Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri 1 Oct - 1:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norfolk farmers warn of a Brexit-induced Xmas turkey shortage.

Look no further than the cabinet office lads.... Smile

226Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri 1 Oct - 9:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Norfolk farmers warn of a Brexit-induced Xmas turkey shortage.

Look no further than the cabinet office lads.... Smile

cheers

227Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri 1 Oct - 11:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't tell me - the fault lies with those European pluckers Smile

228Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri 1 Oct - 11:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Vegan/Turkey alliance starts now!

Brexit Watch - Page 12 Turkey-gun

229Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri 1 Oct - 12:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last month, the EU standardised national ID cards to conform with the highest security standards:

"...since August 2021 all new ID cards issued by EU countries must follow a common pattern. They comply with the highest security standards, as prescribed by the UN International Civil Aviation Organization, which requires them to be machine readable and to contain a microchip with the holder’s details. They are extremely difficult to forge or change.
The government in Berlin says: “Germany’s national identity card meets the highest requirements for document security. Its tough security features offer a high level of protection for the data and digital photograph stored on the chip.
Card holders may also choose to store two fingerprints on the chip as well. In this way, the electronic identity card can be used as a secure travel document.”

Prior to this, some EU countries produced identity papers that were forgeable and that was cited as evidence in the Brexit debaclete regarding illegal immigrants - although there were very few people actually caught with forged ID. To the Leave campaign, it was enough to imply we were being swamped with illegal criminals.

So now that it's been sorted out, Britain has banned the use of ID documents as an entry criterion and anyone allowed in must have a passport as of today. We could have opted to only accept ID cards that meet the EU standards but we didn't.

The majority of the EU nationals who used to work for us in low paid demanding sectors such as agricultural labouring, catering/leisure/hospitality, care homes, construction and driving don't have a passport - simply because they've never needed one to travel freely around Europe.

So they ain't coming back in the foreseeable future which means services and standards will continue to slide, staff shortages and wage demands will continue to rise, inflation will follow leading to price rises which in turn will have knock-on effects throughout society but mainly for low income families. Unless the Government acts, it's looking like we'll continue to slide down the Brexit hole with civil unrest waiting for us when we hit the bottom.

So what could the Government do to resolve the labour shortage? The Leave campaign claimed that the shortfall (1.3 million non UK workers have left since 2016 so far) would be made up by Brits (not that they've shown any interest in doing that sort of work)
But that means practically every unemployed person, regardless of skills, health, ability to travel etc would have to be found a job.
So they could cancel the welfare state. Some folk might take a dim view of that.

Or they could go down the road of the Aussie - style "points system" - but that's all well and good if we need doctors and engineers etc but useless if we need cabbage pickers, care workers or turkey murderers - which we do.

Or they could relax the immigration rules for targeted sectors - but they were very reluctant to make even minor concessions for HGV drivers - and only then when a crisis occurred so I can't see that happening for bed pan cleaners.

Or they could simply fess up to their lies, beg forgiveness and go crawling back but whilst Boris et al have a long history of U turns, they've never manned up to being wrong before so that won't happen.

Going to be interesting, starting with the Tory conference which starts on Sunday.

Brexit Watch - Page 12 PaintCorner

230Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri 1 Oct - 12:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Obsess
verb

past tense: obsessed; past participle: obsessed
Preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually and to a troubling extent.

231Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri 1 Oct - 12:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

stalker
/ˈstɔːkə/

noun: stalker; plural noun: stalkers
a person who harasses or persecutes someone with unwanted and obsessive attention.

232Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri 1 Oct - 13:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:stalker
/ˈstɔːkə/

noun: stalker; plural noun: stalkers
a person who harasses or persecutes someone with unwanted and obsessive attention.

Hahaha!!!

Yes, right you think I'm a stalker now!!!

:facepalm:

You really do need to get yourself some professional help if you truly believe that!

233Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri 1 Oct - 13:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gentlemen, please.

234Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri 1 Oct - 13:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonce, they are in love with each other. That's the problem. Very Happy

235Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Fri 1 Oct - 14:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Bonce, they are in love with each other. That's the problem. Very Happy

Not from me there isn't!

Very Happy

Look I remember what I was saying way back at the beginning of this thread which Wanderlust started over FOUR YEARS ago, so I thought I would dig them out and repost them again just to show I've be utterly consistent about what I've been saying all along - which basically is that Brexit has happened, we can't change it and endlessly bitching and wailing about it won't change anything.  There has to be an acceptance of it - if reluctantly so - and we've got to move on and make the best of it.

Sluffy wrote:I'm not against moaning, we all do it but I don't really see much point about continually moaning over something that started over a year ago and which non of us as individuals can stop.

I'm no difference than anybody else, I don't want to be worse off, don't want to see my family suffer, want my daughter to have a wonderful future, etc and Brexit may well effect all that - but moaning about it won't change anything.

Do something if you must, start a new party - Macron did and within a year he was swept to power in France.

But continual moaning about it on here just make people look very bitter.

Life is far too short for that.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/post?p=344357&mode=quote

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:From my perspective, most of the moaning is coming from the Leave voters who already are having to accept that the reality is somewhat different from what they thought they individually voted for. Complaining about posting the news as the story unfolds is met with tired media mantras of "we've done it now so let's just get on with it" as if somehow the magic Brexit fairy is going to wave her magic wand and give Britain the deal that they imagined we would get.It's not moaning.

All the moaning on this forum is coming from you mate.

You can moan until the cows come home but it won't make a jot of difference.

Actions speak louder than words - so what are you doing to stop Brexit happening - nothing at all.

All the legal, political and social paths are leading to Brexit as that video above explains.

Until you can turn that around Brexit is happening even if it does turn out really shit for us all and for years to come.

So if you want to stop it, get out of your armchair and become some sort of catalyst to change things in the country rather than constantly telling us on Nuts that we are all doomed!

Brexit Watch - Page 12 6a00d83452654869e200e55282a8928834-500pi

Sluffy wrote:Yes, I do you the curtesy of reading your posts.

You can fill in the gaps and give us your insights from now until the day you die but it won't change a single thing will it.

Actions speak louder than words, remember.

Go and DO something to stop Brexit if you think you can, otherwise accept the inevitable like the rest of us and get on with your life.

wanderlust wrote:So because I am not doing anything about Brexit as far as you know, you feel anyone who isn't actively doing something about the things they are concerned about isn't entitled to an opinion?

OK then, I'll sort out Brexit when you have sorted out the dark web, prosthetic penis attackers, your relationship with Chris Manning, paedophilia, the Labour Party, the ST and all the other stuff you regularly whinge about. 

Let me know when you've sorted everything out and I'll get right on to the Brexit issue....

PS: If you don't mind getting drugs out of cycling and sport in general while you're at it you'll be doing us all a big favour.

Sluffy wrote:There's a difference between an opinion and constant, ceaseless, endless bitching and moaning over nothing you can do about - and are not doing anything about (otherwise you would be the first to tell us all what you have been doing).

Unsurprising to see you've turned this into something personal against me again (you called me a fascist last time of course) and a peculiarly odd and extremely bizarre list of subjects you seem to think I care about.

Have you been drinking?

I more or less kept away from the thread from then on until I was staggered to find out Wanderlust actually voted for BREXIT!!!

Since then I've teased him with it over his constant and never ending diatribe about Brexit - it also shows what an absolute hypocrite he's been about this too!

It's happened, we have it no matter how bad it is, no amount of bitching and obsessing about it is going to change it, is it?

It's time to move on and make the best we can of it - what other choice do we have really - and this was exactly the point I was making over FOUR YEARS ago!

236Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun 3 Oct - 18:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From the New Yorker....

Brexit Watch - Page 12 A25940
“The shortages are all British made and British owned, and that’s something we can be incredibly proud of.”

237Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Sun 3 Oct - 20:02

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just seen James Cleverley interviewed on the news. What an embarrassing, stuttering defense offered for the current state of the country under this government, denying the obvious failings at every turn.....

No smoke without fire, Mr. Cleverley....

238Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Mon 4 Oct - 12:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting question raised at the Tory conference.
Now that we have "taken back control" of our borders and have stemmed "uncontrolled immigration" is it not now time to introduce targeted controlled immigration to meet our labour shortages in the sectors that need it?

239Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Tue 5 Oct - 18:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pig crisis hits Suffolk!
A plague of pigs on your house Boris!

240Brexit Watch - Page 12 Empty Re: Brexit Watch Wed 6 Oct - 11:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting take on "Project Fear" from renowned Tory basher James O'Brien.
Now that all the stuff that PF and the so-called "experts" predicted about labour shortages, supply chain problems, price rises, issues in farming, care, fishing, manufacturing and other sectors is starting to come true, is the government's current rhetoric actually saying "it wasn't Project Fear, it was all part of the plan"?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum