Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just how is the Labour Opposition doing?

+8
Angry Dad
xmiles
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Cajunboy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Well they’ve tried everything else Lusty so maybe as part of their GB Energy farce? Interesting that you say you’ll vote Lib Dem, though yes I can understand why in your neck of the woods, but are there any policy reasons why? 

They certainly didn’t benefit from the by-elections this week but then apart from the result, neither did Labour really. It does beg the question are Labour as much of a shoe in as they seem to think they are? I’m not so sure and I still hold out a hope that if Rishi actually listens to the voters and amends policies in key areas instead of fannying about at the edges with smoking and other such irrelevancies, the Tory’s can still surprise on the up side. 

There still doesn’t seem any real love for Labour or Starmer and it’s more disaffection with the Tories than a belief in Labour policies so if Rishi can get some momentum (sorry for the pun) going all may not be lost yet. Sadly I just can’t see it happening but you have to keep on hoping one day they’ll see the light. 🤔
GB Energy farce? Producing and controlling our own energy is more vital than ever and I'd have thought you of all people would resent the idea of the UK being held to ransom by foreign powers such as the Russkis.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sir Rodney offending Muslims left right and centre right this week. Oh dear.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
GB Energy farce? Producing and controlling our own energy is more vital than ever and I'd have thought you of all people would resent the idea of the UK being held to ransom by foreign powers such as the Russkis.
Lusty I wouldn’t trust Labour to handle anything, let alone create and administer our energy needs It will be yet another hugely expensive cock up based on over expensive green nonsense that will implode quickly leaving interminable debts. Have you never learned anything from nationalisations of the past? Clearly not.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Lusty I wouldn’t trust Labour to handle anything, let alone create and administer our energy needs It will be yet another hugely expensive cock up based on over expensive green nonsense that will implode quickly leaving interminable debts. Have you never learned anything from nationalisations of the past? Clearly not.
As a general rule, nationalised industries and services provided an albeit imperfect service whilst retaining the assets for the nation including our oil and gas fields, our nuclear power stations, our rail infrastructure etc etc.
Instead of investing in them to improve the services and retain the assets some short-sighted moron decided to sell the baby with the bath water and whilst making  some people - mainly foreigners - very rich at the expense of the nation, managed to jeopardise our own supply of those very services and products in one fell swoop. Once privatised, the most profitable bits of our industries were cherry picked or spun out into newcos and the meat of the services were hung out to dry.
As a result, we are struggling to think of one single privatisation that has been successful in terms of what they do for the nation including their contribution to the national pot. Not one.

Isn't that the only lesson anyone needs to learn about nationalisation v privatisation?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Short term gain, long term pain by the arsehole tories!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum