Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 50]

161Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 23:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Health minister Nadine Dorries tests POSITIVE for coronavirus after a week of meeting people in Parliament and attending a reception with Boris Johnson - as UK cases rise by 61 in a day to 382

In a statement to the BBC, Ms Dorries said: 'I can confirm I have tested positive for coronavirus.

'As soon as I was informed I took all advised precautions and have been self isolating at home.

'Public Health England has started detailed contact tracing and the department and my parliamentary office are closely following their advice.'

Ms Dorries had been part of a team that drew up legislation to tackle coronavirus before she fell ill.

Officials are in the process of identifying all people she has been in contact with since contracting the virus, including MPs.

Any who have displayed similar symptoms will be tested.

Matt Hancock, who as Health Secretary is her boss, was last night understood to be fit and well and not showing any symptoms.

He tweeted last night: 'Really sorry to hear Nadine has tested positive for coronavirus.

'She has done the right thing by self isolating at home, and both NHS and PHE staff have been brilliant. We all wish her well as she recovers.

'I understand why people are worried about this disease. We will do all we can to keep people safe, based on the best possible science.'

The news will fuel fears that parliament may have to be closed as the virus outbreak continues to spread across Europe.

Mrs Dorries met hundreds of people last week, including a large number of MPs, and attended a conference outside Westminster.

She started feeling ill on Friday as she was signing papers that declared coronavirus to be a 'notifiable disease'.

She held a surgery in her Mid Bedfordshire constituency on Saturday, which wsa attended by 50 people, but over the weekend she experienced the 'classic symptoms' of the disease - a dry cough, high temperature and 'vice-like' pain in her chest.

Source

162Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 23:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 25782898-8095747-image-m-18_1583845827731

163Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 01:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:I have to agree with most of the pundits and so called experts in that the government have handled it well so far.
Must have missed that as everyone seems to think they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to covid19 - highlighted by the "retired doctors and nurses" initiative that they launched last week. That's going well - not.

The very idea of asking folk to come out of retirement to treat covid19 patients when the actual fact that they are retired implies that most will be in the high risk category exemplifies their incompetence - although I wouldn't put it past Cummings to push a coronavirus strategy that wipes out the maximum number of retired people as possible to cut costs in State pensions and NHS resource usage.
I can't believe this Wander. With all this stuff going on, you decide to nit-pick on one tiny aspect of the bigger issue. Even if they only manage to get a couple of dozen extra staff, they'll all be useful, or are you thinking that if we don't have hundreds then don't bother, because it would suit your view that to lambaste the government would be more productive ?  Its so petty.
Hang on Glos - didn't you state that most pundits and experts reckon they're doing a good job? I was merely pointing out that the commonly held view is the opposite - and certainly the published view of the majority of retired doctors and nurses who were asked to do it - read the BMA article about it (which also highlights training and indemnity issues which the Government obviously hadn't considered before announcing their great plan) Which non-government payroll pundits and experts are you talking about? One thing is for sure - it isn't the retired doctors and nurses themselves.

Mind you, the current Government could come out with an initiative which involved the magic fairy sprinkling anti - corona virus and everyone's an instant millionaire dust over the country and the media would find idiots to say what a great job they're doing, rather than question WTF they're actually about.

Anyway, following on from the Health Minister having contracted the virus the Government have a new initiative which will massively increase the number of people being tested to 10,000 per day.

Which is great news as it will now only take just over 19 years until everyone is tested.

164Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 08:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Arsenal vs Citeh game is off now as some of the Arsenal players have been in contact with the Olympiacos owner who was contracted it.

165Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 10:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poland has closed all schools, museums and cinemas and Ukraine has shut all educational buildings in the capital city Kiev due to coronavirus.

166Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 10:52

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

UK should shut down now completely all sports, cinema,schools ect before it's too late and it's going to happen soon anyway so do it now and save lives.

167Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 12:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Think there should be some Coronavirus rules on here for users.

1 - Hands should be washed after visiting the site, particularly after reading one of Angry Dad's posts.
2 - Facemasks should be worn after visiting the site, as you don't want people you know recognise you as a Nuts poster.
3 - Slippered footwear is advised to be used when being on the site to prevent some of the more angry posters amongst us puttering their foot through the screen when Bob mentions Vince again.
4 - Self isolate away from Nuts for 14 days following every meltdown on here - see you in two weeks Lusty.
5 - Bulk buying of toilet rolls is recommended in order to ensure you will always have enough supplies to deal with all the shit we deal with on here everyday!

Anyone got any other rules for us?

Very Happy

168Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 12:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To cut risk of contamination, no post should be over 50 words.

I agree that slippered footwear is vital, but if we get the ones with cloths on the bottom we can clean the floor as well.

169Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 13:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eye masks and pillows should be issued when Ten Bob starts on again about financial matters

170Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 14:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggest daily increase today with 83 cases tested positive. 

It’s only going to get worse...

171Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 15:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

172Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 15:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

173Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 17:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

My mates very quiet. He lives in Dumbleton, just North of Cheltenham. Nadine Dorries moved into her newly-built house a year or two back, which is just 100 yards up the road from him.
If he doesn't answer his texts soon, I'll have to write him off.  
And so it begins. Shocked

174Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 17:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No shit Sherlock! :facepalm:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51839944

I hope you have stocked up on enough twirls to see you through these dark months Nat!

175Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 20:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could we get Bonce to dress up the same? Very Happy

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 25837644-8100311-image-a-58_1583936921828

176Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 21:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KP's Diary

7am: Woke up, checked coronavirus total.

7.15am: Shoved something up my arse.

9am: Arrived at work, checked coronavirus total.

9.15am: Shoved something up my arse

11am: Mid-morning snack. Checked coronavirus total. Shoved something up my arse.

1pm: Lunchtime. Shoved something up my arse. Checked coronavirus total. Shoved something else up my arse.

3pm: Bored at work so shoved something up my arse. Checked coronavirus total.

5pm: Hometime. Checked coronavirus total and shoved something up my arse.

6pm: Had my tea, checked coronavirus total, and then shoved something up my arse.

7pm: Felt ill. Convinced I had coronavirus. Went to hospital where they removed a stapler, 3 pens, a tennis ball and a small hamster from my arse.

10pm: Back at home. Checked coronavirus total. Shoved something up my arse.

177Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 21:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:KP's Diary

7am: Woke up, checked coronavirus total.

7.15am: Shoved something up my arse.

9am: Arrived at work, checked coronavirus total.

9.15am: Shoved something up my arse

11am: Mid-morning snack. Checked coronavirus total. Shoved something up my arse.

1pm: Lunchtime. Shoved something up my arse. Checked coronavirus total. Shoved something else up my arse.

3pm: Bored at work so shoved something up my arse. Checked coronavirus total.

5pm: Hometime. Checked coronavirus total and shoved something up my arse.

6pm: Had my tea, checked coronavirus total, and then shoved something up my arse.

7pm: Felt ill. Convinced I had coronavirus. Went to hospital where they removed a stapler, 3 pens, a tennis ball and a small hamster from my arse.

10pm: Back at home. Checked coronavirus total. Shoved something up my arse.

lol!

178Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Mar 11 2020, 21:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Could we get Bonce to dress up the same? Very Happy

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 25837644-8100311-image-a-58_1583936921828
Bit worried about what comes out of the dispenser.

179Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 12 2020, 01:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wondering why the mortality rate is so high in Italy? - 12k confirmed cases and 827 deaths. That's nearly 7%. Is it because they tongue each other when they meet or do they only test ill people?
Anyhoo they've shut the country down - although it looks like the horse has bolted.

180Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 9 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 12 2020, 09:51

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Olives is why

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum