Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conspiracy theories

+9
Sluffy
gloswhite
xmiles
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
okocha
Cajunboy
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

61Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:53 pm

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:has your current supplier let you down?  Very Happy
Would they be cheaper than my supplier? I am thinking they are like Uber now, with an app.

62Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:57 pm

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Can we spend our Covid vouchers on weed?

63Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:03 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Only if you agree to use them for the building of a new weed farm  Very Happy

64Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:37 pm

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Irish Police chase a UFO through the city. Blatant UFO parading itself in front of many eye witnesses.

65Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:52 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Can we spend our Covid vouchers on weed?
You could possibly get a 50% discount off a twenty bag if you eat it rather than smoke it on the "premises"
Although the likelihood of an ice cream van man actually doing the paperwork and claiming you had just scoffed £20 worth of ice cream is slim to none.
And scoffing a twenty bag would probably inhibit your chances of getting home in a hurry.

66Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:28 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I now have another facebook friend i do actually see fairly regularly starting to post the same shit as the bloke i started this thread about. What is wrong with people? Do they have too much time on their hands and do they really believe Hillary Clinton is leading some massive paedo ring?

67Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:35 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Apparently there are significant numbers of people who won't have a vaccine against corona virus when and if one becomes available.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8539155/A-quarter-Britons-REFUSE-coronavirus-vaccine-new-survey-shows.html

68Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:44 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can kind of understand why to be honest. Vaccines usually take years to develop and this one will have taken months which will worry a lot of people. Testing will be done on a massive scale and i bet my Trust will be involved but it's still a risk i reckon.

69Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:59 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I now have another facebook friend i do actually see fairly regularly starting to post the same shit as the bloke i started this thread about. What is wrong with people? Do they have too much time on their hands and do they really believe Hillary Clinton is leading some massive paedo ring?

It's the curse of social media in that it is where people go for the news that they believe in.

I can't speak for your friend obviously but for whatever reason people don't believe the 'official' news such as what the government says, or what the owner of the club  may say (such as Ken Anderson in a BWFC example) but prefer to believe an alternative explanation that they believe fits better with their view of things.

It is for that very reason why states and individuals want to infiltrate it and 'influence the masses - this is why we've had Russia involved in things like the USA elections, Brexit and the UK elections and why companies like Cambridge Analytica are paid millions, to 'mine' personal details of internet users, so such 'targeted' 'attacks' can produce the best results for whatever they may wish to manipulate.

It's no exaggeration to say that your amazement at the gullibility of two of the people you know on social media, believing bizarre nonsense because it fits in with how they must view things - and is widely believed by their family and friends too, who simply reinforce that view to each other, is mirrored by my own astonishment when many (including yourself) believed what you did in respect of the running of an insolvent football club by Ken Anderson.  People believed what the ST and Marc Iles was telling them because it fit in with their belief of how the club must be running, than an extremely few people such as myself who actually had professional experience about such things.

And also don't forget the people who were 'influencing the masses', were the ones who had a vested interest in getting Anderson out and replacing him with themselves or their friends.

The thing is though that these things work - people ARE gullible.

Clinton didn't win, we have Brexit, Johnson beat Labour (although who in the right minds would really have wanted Corbyn as Prime Minister?), 5G masts are being burned down and BLMuk (the ones who want an end to capitalism) are £1m richer simply because people jumped on the bandwagon and followed the crowd rather than dig around and doing a bit of research (and thinking!) for themselves.

It's the world we live in now - better get used to it because it won't be getting any better!

70Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:33 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What did Marc isles and the ST tell lies about on social media?

71Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:35 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BTID when will you ever learn?  Laughing

72Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:02 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:What did Marc isles and the ST tell lies about on social media?

Did I say they told lies?

They gave a narrative that suited their objective and which most people wanted to believe.

If Anderson did what everybody and their dog seemed to believe he did, then why isn't he in prison yet?

Could it be perhaps that he didn't actually do anything illegal and simply ran an insolvent business as long as he could until he could sell it on?

The books after all have long since been gone through with a fine toothcomb and I'm sure Iles and the ST would be the first to let us know if Anderson had been arrested and charged with anything.

It's been over a year now and counting since the Administrators went through them, you'd think we'd have heard something by now (even a rumour) if something had been found wouldn't you - after all everybody knew he was up to no good apparently!!!

73Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:36 pm

Been through this a number of times with you, you ignore it because it doesn't fit your narrative.

I can only remember one poster on here (and a minority of social media nuts who should be ignored) who claimed Anderson was acting illegally. 

The issue was that his running of the club had us all talking about finances, the morality of his actions rather than the on-pitch performances of our club.

If you can't understand why football fans got upset about that then you don't understand the sport.

74Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:10 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don’t believe isles and the ST made out Ken was doing anything illegal.  They just reported facts as far as I can remember.

75Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:19 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Been through this a number of times with you, you ignore it because it doesn't fit your narrative.

I can only remember one poster on here (and a minority of social media nuts who should be ignored) who claimed Anderson was acting illegally. 

His running of the club had us all talking about finances and the morality of his actions rather than the on-pitch performances of our club.

If you can't understand why football fans got upset about that then you don't understand the sport.

You need a drive up to Barnard Castle to get your eyes tested then!

There's plenty who still post on social media even now who still fully believe that Anderson was a crook.

That's their opinion and they have a right to it but it doesn't make it true.

As for how he ran the club and the morality of it, then you have to understand a few basic truths that many couldn't, the biggest being it was the business that needed to cover the costs and not Anderson from his own private pocket.

If the business has not got enough money to pay everyone, then what do you do?

In order to stay on this line of the law you need to trade as a solvent entity and in order to do that he clearly deferred payments wherever he could in an attempt to keep afloat and complete a sale of the club to someone else.

It's not as easy as many believe to sell a club, look who Eddie Davies ended up selling to for instance!

Two parties who seemingly were on the horizon were the Chinese bloke who went on to buy Wigan - and look what happened to them recently - and the bloke who went on to become the CEO of Charlton - check out what he got up to there!

The bottom line is that Anderson didn't put his hand in his pocket and people didn't like/understand that a) he had no legal obligation to do so, and b) because he didn't and because the club was stoney broke, the bills didn't get paid (including wages) when they were due.

Pride goes before a fall they say and in this case 'doing the right thing' went before become personally millions out of pocket.

People, including you, may well not like that but he did what he did to keep the company going and was well in his rights (as well as the law), to do so - anything else would have meant him losing his money and why would he want to do that, as it's just a business to him.

Take away the emotional attachment and he's not done much other than most other businessman in the same position would do.

And before you compare him to how FV are currently running the club, they have put in millions of their own personal wealth into the club - their choice - it be a completely different story if they hadn't.  They face the risk of losing that (already they've had to set aside some of the assets they bought to outstanding creditors who they have yet to settle with such as EDT and the Administrator)  - it could easily turn out to be a very bad buy for them personally if they are not very careful.  Anderson simply didn't choose to take such a risk - and I don't blame him.

76Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:40 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I don’t believe isles and the ST made out Ken was doing anything illegal.  They just reported facts as far as I can remember.

You remember wrongly then.

Iles tweets in particular about financial matters were shall we say less than factually accurate.

I think he will fully accept himself that financial matters are certainly not his strong point - but it didn't stop him tweeting and retweeting others about it though!

Did he ever write that article about how Holdsworth took out the BluMarble loan by his own company (Sports Shield) yet used the clubs assets as security and the charges he made for doing so?  

No, I don't think he ever did.

Funny that.

77Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:07 pm

Sluffy wrote:
There's plenty who still post on social media even now who still fully believe that Anderson was a crook.

There's plenty who post on social media who believe the earth's flat, they're called crackpots you shouldn't bother listening to them.

No fan (especially of our club) should expect constant success, but the off pitch drama was embarrassing at times, and not paying club staff was handled very poorly.

As I said, if it's a surprise to you that Anderson's tenure is not viewed in a positive light by the fans then you don't understand football.

78Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:18 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not just footbal in this case, but decent and acceptable behaviour

79Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:11 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

There's plenty who post on social media who believe the earth's flat, they're called crackpots you shouldn't bother listening to them.

No fan (especially of our club) should expect constant success, but the off pitch drama was embarrassing at times, and not paying club staff was handled very poorly.

As I said, if it's a surprise to you that Anderson's tenure is not viewed in a positive light by the fans then you don't understand football.

I don't recall saying that Anderson's tenure should be viewed in a positive light - the club did after all ultimately end up insolvent (inevitably unfortunately following the untimely death of Eddie).

And I don't listen to the 'crackpots' as you put it but there simply are too many of them to ignore easily.

So what would have been your solution to paying the players when there was no money in the club to do so and go about avoiding all this off the pitch drama?

Because I certainly don't have one?

You can't borrow against assets because there's non left to borrow against, no one wants to invest into the club and nobody wants to buy the club, because it's cheaper to buy in Administration, and if you go into Administration you lose control of the business and potentially any chance you may have had in selling it, as well of the pleasure of paying the Administrators exorbitant fees while he does on your behalf!

Of course you could piss away your family inheritance by paying everybody from your own pocket but why would you do that when you don't have too?  

Nobody in their right mind would do that, only a owner who has money to burn on their pet project like Eddie and seemingly now FV too.

So how would you have squared the circle?

It's easy to say he should do the decent thing but how do you do it when there's no money left in the pot?

80Conspiracy theories - Page 4 Empty Re: Conspiracy theories Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:58 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought we'd agreed that nobody knows who was right or wrong as we weren't and aren't privy to the requisite information?

I still believe Anderson robbed us blind but in the absence of conclusive evidence either way felt OK about dropping the matter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum