Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Coronavirus - will we survive?

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+18
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24 ... 47  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 47]

21Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Jun 15 2020, 22:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why did people feel the need to queue hours before opening time just to get in Primark or Sports Direct?

Were they desperate to get some low priced knickers or football socks?

I bet TROY was in the queue.

22Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Jun 15 2020, 22:42

Guest


Guest

HA just said a similar thing watching the news, what do you so desperately need?!

23Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 16 2020, 11:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm desperate for a new Lonsdale t-shirt and white fluffy Donnay socks, can someone get me some please?

24Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 16 2020, 13:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I'm desperate for a new Lonsdale t-shirt and white fluffy Donnay socks, can someone get me some please?

I'm glad to know you wear stuff with a bit of taste.

I always had you down as dressing like this...

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 9k=

Very Happy

25Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 16 2020, 13:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm never shopping on the again.  cheers

26Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 16 2020, 13:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I'm never shopping on the again.  cheers

It looks like you are having a senior moment Bonce.

You are not shopping on what? Very Happy

27Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 16 2020, 13:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

It looks like you are having a senior moment Bonce.

You are not shopping on what? Very Happy
High street. Embarassed

28Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 16 2020, 13:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Some good news for a change!

Dexamethasone is first life-saving coronavirus drug

Extract from the article -

In the trial, led by a team from Oxford University, around 2,000 hospital patients were given dexamethasone and were compared with more than 4,000 who did not receive the drug.
For patients on ventilators, it cut the risk of death from 40% to 28%. For patients needing oxygen, it cut the risk of death from 25% to 20%.
Chief investigator Prof Peter Horby said: "This is the only drug so far that has been shown to reduce mortality - and it reduces it significantly. It's a major breakthrough."
Lead researcher Prof Martin Landray says the findings suggest that for every eight patients treated on ventilators, you could save one life.
For those patients treated with oxygen, you save one life for approximately every 20-25 treated with the drug.
"There is a clear, clear benefit. The treatment is up to 10 days of dexamethasone and it costs about £5 per patient. So essentially it costs £35 to save a life. This is a drug that is globally available."
Prof Landray said, when appropriate, hospital patients should now be given it without delay, but people should not go out and buy it to take at home.
Dexamethasone does not appear to help people with milder symptoms of coronavirus - those who don't need help with their breathing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53061281

Hope Norpig has plenty stocks in!

Very Happy

29Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 16 2020, 17:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Some good news for a change!

Dexamethasone is first life-saving coronavirus drug

Extract from the article -

In the trial, led by a team from Oxford University, around 2,000 hospital patients were given dexamethasone and were compared with more than 4,000 who did not receive the drug.
For patients on ventilators, it cut the risk of death from 40% to 28%. For patients needing oxygen, it cut the risk of death from 25% to 20%.
Chief investigator Prof Peter Horby said: "This is the only drug so far that has been shown to reduce mortality - and it reduces it significantly. It's a major breakthrough."
Lead researcher Prof Martin Landray says the findings suggest that for every eight patients treated on ventilators, you could save one life.
For those patients treated with oxygen, you save one life for approximately every 20-25 treated with the drug.
"There is a clear, clear benefit. The treatment is up to 10 days of dexamethasone and it costs about £5 per patient. So essentially it costs £35 to save a life. This is a drug that is globally available."
Prof Landray said, when appropriate, hospital patients should now be given it without delay, but people should not go out and buy it to take at home.
Dexamethasone does not appear to help people with milder symptoms of coronavirus - those who don't need help with their breathing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53061281

Hope Norpig has plenty stocks in!

Very Happy

we do at the moment but that could change rapidly now  Very Happy

30Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 16 2020, 17:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

I'm glad to know you wear stuff with a bit of taste.

I always had you down as dressing like this...

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 9k=

Very Happy
You can't beat a nice string vest especially in this humid weather  Very Happy

31Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 16 2020, 23:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
karlypants wrote:

I'm glad to know you wear stuff with a bit of taste.

I always had you down as dressing like this...

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 9k=

Very Happy
You can't beat a nice string vest especially in this humid weather  Very Happy

You would look the part behind the BB Bins Very Happy

32Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 16 2020, 23:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One good thing that has come out of this is that Eastenders won't be on the TV for a good while apparently due to running out of pre recorded episodes.

Let's hope that Constipation street follows suit next!

33Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Jun 17 2020, 09:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:One good thing that has come out of this is that Eastenders won't be on the TV for a good while apparently due to running out of pre recorded episodes.

Let's hope that Constipation street follows suit next!
What a result that would be. Hope they can take Keith Lemon with them.

34Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Jun 17 2020, 13:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

What I'm amazed at is the amount of absolute rubbish the stations are now putting out, especialy the BBC.
Another thing that intrigues me is when you see the BBC news, with hundreds of people behind the news reader, what do they all do ? Its a lot of bodies, and for what?

35Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Jun 17 2020, 14:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The BBC is full of shit now Glos. It's time it was removed from our airwaves for good.

36Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Jun 17 2020, 14:38

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Presumably because you want it replaced with Fox News.

37Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Jun 17 2020, 19:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

karlypants wrote:The BBC is full of shit now Glos. It's time it was removed from our airwaves for good.
And its all old shit too !

I'm fed up with gardening and cookery.

38Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Wed Jun 17 2020, 19:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
And its all old shit too !

I'm fed up with gardening and cookery.
I like BBC4. Watched a great documentary about Ella Fitzgerald  on iPlayer last week too. But quality is thin on the ground on the old beeb.

39Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jun 18 2020, 00:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I'm desperate for a new Lonsdale t-shirt and white fluffy Donnay socks, can someone get me some please?
I can help. Get the bus to Stockport and Stepping Hill Mental Health Ward is a bit further up on the right. Yay!

40Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jun 18 2020, 00:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
What a result that would be. Hope they can take Keith Lemon with them.
I actually laughed the first time I saw the bear get a boner but since then I've avoided the irritating twat so he's not been on my TV for years.

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 47]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24 ... 47  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum