Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+20
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 48]

41Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jun 18 2020, 00:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:The BBC is full of shit now Glos. It's time it was removed from our airwaves for good.
Wasn't that a Rupert Murdoch quote with the word "Glos" added?

42Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jun 18 2020, 15:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
Wasn't that a Rupert Murdoch quote with the word "Glos" added?
I'm trying to figure out if I should respond to this  Very Happy

43Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 08:56

Pub beer gardens to reopen 4th July apparently bounce

44Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 11:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Daughter has been sent home from school yesterday as one of the kids in her bubble has tested positive for Covid 19. Trouble is no one seems to know what we do next! When Mrs Pig rang me to tell me i asked a few managers at work and got different answers each time.

The school have said that she needs to isolate for 14 days but then our childminder messaged us to say test and trace had contacted her and she is fine to stay open and my Daughter can go there, surely that can't be right?

Total confusion again and this is the third time we've had isolation issues with the kids.

45Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 13:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:My Daughter has been sent home from school yesterday as one of the kids in her bubble has tested positive for Covid 19. Trouble is no one seems to know what we do next! When Mrs Pig rang me to tell me i asked a few managers at work and got different answers each time.

The school have said that she needs to isolate for 14 days but then our childminder messaged us to say test and trace had contacted her and she is fine to stay open and my Daughter can go there, surely that can't be right?

Total confusion again and this is the third time we've had isolation issues with the kids.
Well it looks like we're going the whole hog shortly - cutting the distance, opening bars and restaurants etc.
I was amused by the guidance for restaurants which included an edict that said all sauces have to be served in sachets - can see that going down a treat at Claridge's and the Ivy...
Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 9k=

46Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 14:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:My Daughter has been sent home from school yesterday as one of the kids in her bubble has tested positive for Covid 19. Trouble is no one seems to know what we do next! When Mrs Pig rang me to tell me i asked a few managers at work and got different answers each time.

3rd time lucky to get it.

It's a joke all this TBH and now you will be back isolating no doubt with the worry it brings.

Hope you all haven't got it.

47Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 15:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Are the school and the childminder two separate places, if so I think both the school and childminder are correct.

In the first instance your daughters 'bubble' is removed from school for 14 days - article dated 17th June.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-53083745

However as your daughter herself (or you as her parents) have not been contacted by NHS Test and Trace (unless the school is doing it on their behalf?) then according to the Government site -

If you have not been notified that you are a contact, this means you do not need to self-isolate and should follow the general guidance, for example, social distancing, hand-washing, and covering coughs and sneezes. - which was last updated on 17th June also.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person#bubble

It gets a bit more complicated by going on to say this, although I think it's more aimed at front line workers?

"This guidance does not include health care workers and others working in health and social care settings, who should follow separate guidance".

So as your childminders have been contacted and told what they have I believe your daughter (and themselves) are ok to do this.

Maybe your local council can clarify and confirm this first though?

48Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 15:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just went to see my daughter whose birthday it was yesterday. She's out on the supposedly socially distanced razz with her mates today/tonight so she volunteered me for dog minding overnight.
I arrived at the pub which is by a river and I kid you not there were a thousand people sat on the grass, swimming in the river, getting pissed and barbecuing.
Although she was round at ours last night, i wanted to have a pint with her before I took the dog but had to explain that I wasn't feeling particularly suicidal and left. 
Now I'm going to have to keep away from her.

49Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 15:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The school emailed us to say she has to isolate for 14 days but we haven't been contacted by trace and test, just the childminder. It is 2 different places but i'm still confused!

The school are closing completely (not just her bubble) for a deep clean and aren't open again until 30th June.

50Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 16:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:The school emailed us to say she has to isolate for 14 days but we haven't been contacted by trace and test, just the childminder. It is 2 different places but i'm still confused!

The school are closing completely (not just her bubble) for a deep clean and aren't open again until 30th June.

The way I read the information goes something like this -

If you are in a bubble with someone and they test positive, the Test and Trace will contact everyone they believe from the bubble should self-isolate.

If you have not been contacted by T and T, you carry on as normal.

I'm not absolutely sure why your childminders were contacted - maybe the child who tested positive also attended there too? - but whatever it was, they have been given a green light to carry on.

As they are good to go and I believe your daughter is too, then I believe she is fine to attend the childminders, and they happy to welcome her.

Obviously my thoughts and best wishes go out to the child and family who has been tested positive and hope everyone will be ok.

51Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 16:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was contacted by Specsavers yesterday in regard to my regular eye test. Apparently they're up and running and urging me to make an appointment. They say staff will be suitably prepared, and there'll be a limited amount of customers allowed into the shop, but I'm not totally happy.
Will probably give it another month and see how things develop.

52Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 17:47

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If you need your eyes testing you should drive up to Barnard Castle, like everyone else.

53Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 18:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:If you need your eyes testing you should drive up to Barnard Castle, like everyone else.
Very Happy

54Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 18:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:If you need your eyes testing you should drive up to Barnard Castle, like everyone else.
Very Happy

55Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 18:49

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Laughing

56Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jun 20 2020, 21:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

:clap:

Post of the week!

Very Happy

57Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 23 2020, 13:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boris announcing significant changes to Covid advice with social distancing reduced, pubs, hairdressers, restaurants, cinemas and museums all opening on July 4th.

Slightly worrying as Germany, S Korea and others have shown new spikes of outbreak after reducing measures. 

Keir Starmer rightly asks what "returning to work" measures to keep people safe will actually be enforceable. Boris puts his faith in the "common sense" of the British people - which begs the question "has Boris ever met the British people?"

58Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 23 2020, 13:31

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I like Starmer he is down to eath sensible, intelligent and clinical.
Id imagine Beekeepers will be safe as they are working alone and have the head masks to protect spit going onto the Bees.
How safe are people at work who will be wearing their masks around their chins after they tire of it on their face ( after 20 minutes )?
I do think think that the country has to get back to work at some point though.

Off topic but Ive just noticed that Weatherlady who looks like Sue Ellen out of Dallas is back on BBC 1.

59Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 23 2020, 17:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Pubs opening, 2m social distancing scrapped, things are getting back to something like normal for most.

Inevitable trade off really is to get the economy going before the 'cure' (on-going lockdown) becomes worse than the 'cause' (the virus).

I'm in the 'at risk' group but accept that for most life has to go on.

One thing I can't really get my head around these days is the death rate?

Known infections are what an average of say 1,500 a day and hospital admissions are what around 500 a day but the death rate seems to still be heading down.

Now this is my theory as to why that is.

In the beginning the world focused on ventilators that they put tubes down your throat to save lives but it seems perceived wisdom now is not to go that route (unless you have no other option) as not only are your chances slim but if you do survive it can have damaged your health longer term anyway.

The thinking is to have these non invasive breathing aids instead.

The virus also targets mostly the old and/or already sick and has clearly devastated those in hospital/care homes - so much so their numbers most have dropped significantly.

So taking account the numbers now being admitted to hospital (3,500 pw based on 500 new admittance per day - and they all stay for an average of a week - it's probably longer) an average weekly death total (which includes those who die outside hospital as well) of say 1,000pw currently seems to show that of those in hospital (3,500 new admittance plus 500 or so already on the 'old' ventilators = 4,000) shows around a 3 in 4 chance of surviving this, even if you need hospital care.

Ok my sums are sort of calculated on the bag of a fag packet type thing but if daily (known) new cases are 1,500 then there are at least 7,500 people with known new infections this week (and I think the thinking is that there's probably at least another two people who don't know they have it for the ones that do, so you're probably looking currently at about 7,500 x 3 = 22,500 cases a week but still with only about 1,000 deaths pw.

Obviously bad for those who end up in hospital and worse die but you can see the thinking of why the lockdown is being dismantled so quickly because the virus isn't killing anything like as many as they probably feared (yes I know we have the worst death rate in Europe and third in the world).

I'm surprised the death rate isn't higher with all the known/and suspected new cases each day (in the last month 4 weeks x 22,500 = 90,000) with deaths around say (4 x 2,000 = 8,000).

Sadly I guess some/many of those who have been 'protected' over that time will become more vulnerable to the virus unless they continue to keep themselves apart from the rest of the world the best they can.

I guess I'm simply saying is remain keeping safe to everybody until and as long as you have to.  Fingers crossed this vaccine they've been developing is successful and is quickly rolled out to all that need it.

60Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 3 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 23 2020, 17:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m not going to the pub anytime soon that’s for sure. 

They will inevitably be a breeding ground for the coronavirus.

No social distancing and they will be rammed with pissed up people. 

One pub pubs has already opened up not too far from me and another will on Saturday.

Not sure if they are getting away with it or not due to serving food.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum