Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+20
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 31 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 48]

281Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 15:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

282Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 15:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

No the disagreement was another intended dig at me and an attempted put down of where I live.

It was done deliberately and on purpose with the clear intent of getting a response.

It's blatantly clear what he's doing.
Wow. 
FWIW I had a great time in Maidenhead, I like the area and one of my old mates lives still there. My recollections of the town have absolutely fuck all to do with you. I doubt you even been in Smokey's or been flashed by the Estonian birds in the Honeypot whilst standing outside Spoons. 
Fun town, real mix of people from all walks of life, good social scene. 
Totally not interested in arguing with you - especially over figments of your imagination so please stop trying to create foundless disputes.

So it was a "meat market" shit hole selling "liquid breakfasts" at 8am and you weren't surprised the virus was running wild in your original post and now it's such a wonderful place?

Aye, jog on.

283Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 15:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

So it was a "meat market" shit hole selling "liquid breakfasts" at 8am and you weren't surprised the virus was running wild in your original post and now it's such a wonderful place?

Aye, jog on.

I never said it was a "shit hole".
Infamy! Infamy! Smile

284Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 15:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's time we had a Sluffy vs Lusty thread that they can bicker with each other on without involving the rest of us. It would certainly turn out to be the thread with the most posts pretty quickly  Very Happy

285Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 15:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Aye, jog on.

I never said it was a "shit hole".
Infamy! Infamy! Smile

I never said you did but you clearly intended to infer it was.

I know your game and my patience is now wearing exceedingly thin with it.

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Aug 25 2020, 16:12; edited 1 time in total

287Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You massive gobshite.
 Truth hurts eh?  Laughing

288Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 16:41

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 6lCO0Np

289Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 17:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I think it's time we had a Sluffy vs Lusty thread that they can bicker with each other on without involving the rest of us. It would certainly turn out to be the thread with the most posts pretty quickly  Very Happy
I won't be needed. He can imagine that everyone's out to get him and magically divine what other people are thinking in an empty room Smile

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 The-world--of-paranoia-2019-10-13

290Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 17:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

He thinks I am two people.

291Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 17:47

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 KfWyYbd

292Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 18:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:He thinks I am two people.

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47h4csx8c7tnz9d33z33sgcaokjrhf3bagm3pvs92w&rid=giphy

293Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Aug 25 2020, 22:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:He thinks I am two people.
You need to stop talking out of both holes then! Very Happy

294Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Aug 27 2020, 23:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I thought this was an interesting view on the current rise in positive cases (over 1,500 today)

How worried should we be?

This rise needs to be seen in context.

While any increase in cases is worrying, we are now testing more then we did two months ago.

The more you look for the virus, the more you will find.

The increase we have seen since early July - when the average rate was half what it is now - cannot be all accounted for by more testing, but it is certainly a key factor.

The other thing to remember is where we have come from.

At the peak of the pandemic we could not do mass testing so we do not know exactly how many cases there were. But the best estimates are there were around 100,000 new infections a day at the end of March.

It is unrealistic to expect cases to get down to zero.

What is important now is that we keep beating down on the virus - and limit any increases. That requires identifying hotspots and keeping a lid on them.

All the indications are that the areas that have had extra restrictions imposed on them in recent weeks are seeing a declining number of cases.

The national rise - certainly at this point - is not as alarming as it seems. But there can be no room for complacency.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53938272

295Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Aug 30 2020, 16:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What's happening in Bolton?

On Friday the government said they were going to ease lock down conditions for Bolton but that day they reported 24 new cases, the highest single day rise since the 7th May, and 16 yesterday and today, unless I've read the details wrong a staggering 68 and beating by nearly 30 cases the highest reported for Bolton since I started keeping daily records in late April.

I'm guessing the spike is a factory related incident rather than communal spread but I guess lockdown easing is no longer a given.

Now up to third place in England!!!

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 EgrbzuIX0AA_sXP?format=png&name=900x900

296Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Aug 30 2020, 19:16

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Will we survive? I am not sure. At first I was affraid, I was petrified.

297Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Aug 30 2020, 19:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll tell you something, it's about time we started seriously dealing with people who go to these illegal raves and other large gatherings.

500 of them at a site in Norfolk on Saturday night, and all the police did was break it up. What's the fucking point? Where is the deterrent?

At the very least every single one of those people should have been fined, I don't care if it takes all night. But the government really should be taking it a step further, make it a criminal offence and give every single one of them a criminal record. That might give people pause for thought.

298Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Aug 30 2020, 20:21

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 76oTSo7

299Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Aug 30 2020, 21:30

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

sunlight wrote:Will we survive? I am not sure. At first I was affraid, I was petrified.

And I grew strong. And I learned how to get along.

300Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 15 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Aug 30 2020, 22:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'll tell you something, it's about time we started seriously dealing with people who go to these illegal raves and other large gatherings.

500 of them at a site in Norfolk on Saturday night, and all the police did was break it up. What's the fucking point? Where is the deterrent?

At the very least every single one of those people should have been fined, I don't care if it takes all night. But the government really should be taking it a step further, make it a criminal offence and give every single one of them a criminal record. That might give people pause for thought.

Don't worry - that's the last time they're coming back to mine after the pub. They can beg all they like but there's no coming back from emptying the beer fridge in the man cave. Bastards the lot of them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 31 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum