Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+20
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 34 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 48]

381Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 11 2020, 09:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

You could always just stay in Portugal permanently. jocolor
It’s an option although I have a son with mental health problems who needs me to be close.
That said I’m staying well away from Lisbon where the mini spike has happened so we could relocate to stay safe and enjoy a less expensive quality lifestyle. We came to sell off some land but we might just buy a little ready to go place whilst we’re here to hide out until the nation turns on the Tories and demands that we rejoin the EU, albeit much worse off than we were.
Presume you’ll be enjoying your newly found “freedom” in a totalitarian third world country ?

382Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 11 2020, 14:01

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Coronavirus infections have increased in recent weeks in the UK, according to new estimates.
The government's latest R number is between 1 and 1.2 which means the epidemic is growing.
And a study of thousands of people in England found cases doubling every seven to eight days, with a marked rise in the north and among young people.

SOURCE BBC NEWS

383Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 11 2020, 14:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
SOURCE BBC NEWS
 Sluffy will be pleased  Very Happy

384Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 11 2020, 17:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
SOURCE BBC NEWS
 Sluffy will be pleased  Very Happy

Think I could have told the BBC that tbh.

The first time the numbers of new cases went over the 2,000 per day mark since the lock down some months back now was on Sunday just five days ago, today's new cases are 3,539.

It's clear it has taken off again - best start stockpiling the toilet rolls because it's clearly got out of control.

Fwiw Bolton had 95 new cases yesterday and 111 today - can't see the trend dropping anytime soon, unfortunately.

Keep safe everyone.

385Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 11 2020, 18:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m really starting to have second thoughts about returning to the pox-ridden U.K. 
Reckon the government are telling folk returning from Portugal to self isolate so they don’t catch anything.

386Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 11 2020, 19:18

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Goves latest comments are making General Franco seem woke.

387Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 11 2020, 19:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The “R” rate in the U.K. now at 1.7 apparently. The World won’t t deal with our lying government and we are sinking faster than the Titanic.

Fortunately Andrew Bridgen is rallying the lemmings by stating “now is the time to back Boris, back Britain, back Brexit and see off the EU despots who have misjudged the U.K.’s  resolve time and time again!” 

What a cock.

388Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Sep 11 2020, 21:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprised

389Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Sep 12 2020, 14:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What’s going on with all these attacks on ambulance crew and paramedics all about? Over 1600 physical attacks, 149 sexual assaults and nearly 100 attacks involving weapons in the first 6 months of the year.
These are NHS staff being attacked by the people who are trying to help them.
Can anyone explain to me why on earth anyone would do that?
What is their motive?

390Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Sep 12 2020, 14:48

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:What’s going on with all these attacks on ambulance crew and paramedics all about? Over 1600 physical attacks, 149 sexual assaults and nearly 100 attacks involving weapons in the first 6 months of the year.
These are NHS staff being attacked by the people who are trying to help them.
Can anyone explain to me why on earth anyone would do that?
What is their motive?
There are a lot of fcuking idiots in this country.

391Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Sep 12 2020, 15:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:They should be naming and shaming.

BOLTON WANDERER Clubber who went to Ibiza then failed to isolate and even threw a party when he got home ‘sparked Covid spike in Bolton’

A CLUBBER who went to Ibiza, failed to isolate on his return and then threw a house party, is feared to have sparked a Covid spike in Bolton.

Layton Migas, 23, went to the Spanish island for his summer holidays, returning on August 20.

Under the Government rules, he should have quarantined for a two-week period at his home in the Lancashire town.

But instead the Covidiot left his home on several occasions to go to the shops, and even threw a house party attended by his pals.

Migas was fined £1,000 after Gtr Manchester Police learned of the breaches and tracked him down a few days later.

Today Migas confirmed he had been fined after spending six weeks in Ibiza before returning home.

His Instagram account shows him lying in a pool with three girls and another clip shows him having champagne poured down a girl into his mouth on a party boat.

Migas, who also partied with EastEnders star Dean Gaffney at another illegal lockdown party in June, moaned: “I’d say I have definitely been scrutinised for being a young person.

“They wouldn’t have known. It’s only the neighbours that have told them.

“There’s loads of people I know who didn’t quarantine.

More here -

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12647489/clubber-went-to-ibiza-sparked-covid-spike-in-bolton/

392Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Sep 13 2020, 16:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For Bonce's attention.

I see Warrington's now moved into the top 10 local authorities in England for new cases over the last seven day average per 100,000 population.

I'm sure you're being sensible and your mum too - but just be aware and keep safe mate!

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 EhzhRePXcAACQ84?format=png&name=900x900

393Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Sluffy. Mum's 90, so she can't really self isolate, but she's close enough to keep an eye on. I've got an eye test next Sunday, and a dental check up a fortnight later in Walkden. What fun. Shocked

394Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:09

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Thanks Sluffy. Mum's 90, so she can't really self isolate, but she's close enough to keep an eye on. I've got an eye test next Sunday, and a dental check up a fortnight later in Walkden. What fun. Shocked
Why Walkden?

395Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
Why Walkden?
Been with the practice since the 70's, and when they went private, I had the choice of finding an NHS practice, or staying with them as a private patient. I chose to stick with them.
When we moved here in 1989, I again decided I was staying with them. It's only 20 minutes on the motorway, and if you have a good dentist, it's wise to stick with him/her.

396Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:19

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ah, I just wondered.

I should have gone to my dentist a few months ago, but I've put it off until I've finished my Chemo.

Need the gas central heating serviced but don't want anybody extra in the house..

Still shielding really apart from blood tests, flu jabs and runs out in the car and a picnic.

397Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Ah, I just wondered.

I should have gone to my dentist a few months ago, but I've put it off until I've finished my Chemo.

Need the gas central heating serviced but don't want anybody extra in the house..

Still shielding really apart from blood tests, flu jabs and runs out in the car and a picnic.
Stay safe amigo.

398Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:27

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cheers.

399Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Ah, I just wondered.

I don't blame you. Not had a picnic in years. Every time I hear the word picnic, Yogi Bear pops into my head. It's uncanny.

400Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 20 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Thanks Sluffy. Mum's 90, so she can't really self isolate, but she's close enough to keep an eye on. I've got an eye test next Sunday, and a dental check up a fortnight later in Walkden. What fun. Shocked

The information I put up is really the best I can find it the public domain but even then you have to allow for other things that are not stated (or at least not clearly anyway).

The first thing to note is that there is some time delay between someone thinking they might have symptoms worth checking or have been in the company of someone else who has been tested positive and been notified from Track and Trace to go for a test themselves - so what I'm trying to say is that folk might be already walking around for a week being contagious and not knowing.

Then on top of that, the test results are not instantaneous and the average time it is taking between being tested and being notified is around 3 days - which is ok if people have self isolated but what we've clearly seen examples of - some simply don't!

And if that isn't enough, the rule of thumb seems to be that for every person tested to be positive, there's another couple or so in the community who are infected and either don't know about it or haven't bothered to get a test.

Even after all I've said the changes are very low of actually catching it from anyone, unless you spend considerable time in their company and in an enclosed space - like inside a pub or in the family home with multigenerational family members.

I've told my own brother that his biggest threat of catching it is probably from his kids/grandkids when they visit him - simply because they will come into contact socially with more people and my brother and his wife are basically living a life in solitary confinement.

A hard thing to contemplate and do keeping your loved ones at arms length (or more!), so when you do (and if you can) try to do it outside in the fresh air or if inside, make it a fleeting visit and possibly even wear your mask!

I know you've got to do what you've got to do - and I've not gone to extremes when seeing my daughter yet but as the new cases grow and the weather for meeting outside becomes less pleasant then I guess I'm going to have to do.

Roll on next summer, it can't come soon enough for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 34 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum