Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+20
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 48]

761Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Jan 18 2021, 16:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:In case you don't look at the Music thread:-

How many sodding versions of this frigging song do we have to endure. Quite liked it when Leonard released the original 30 odd years ago as he was coming back into form after a barren spell at the time, but it's been done to death, brought back from the dead and done to death again. Enough!
If folk insist on covering the man, at least do one of his better songs from the 70s albums.

762Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Jan 18 2021, 18:49

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Er...I think you've missed the point, sir! 

Try listening to the cleverly adapted relevant lyrics and enjoy the family togetherness and sweet voices!

763Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jan 19 2021, 00:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One thing that seems to have been overlooked with the government is provisional driving licenses.

I know that there is a petition to allow driving instructors to pass students who are unable to book a test during COVID which I find rather ludicrous but for those who need to take their lessons.

I feel that the government should give an extra 6-12 months extension to their current provisional which would enable them to continue with them.

764Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jan 19 2021, 09:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:
karlypants wrote:Matt the twat at it again
Lordy! He is the Health secretary too! That area he is walking around is full of people. He has been telling people to stay at home!

He's now having to self isolate! :facepalm:

765Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jan 19 2021, 10:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Several newspapers saying that Oxford research shows the UK currently has the highest Covid death rate in the world. I know it doesn’t make great reading but if we are ever going to increase the level of “unacceptability of daft behaviour” this is exactly the type of messaging the government should be putting front and centre of their idiotic daily updates - instead of banging on about how well they are doing. Not.

766Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jan 19 2021, 10:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Er...I think you've missed the point, sir! 

Try listening to the cleverly adapted relevant lyrics and enjoy the family togetherness and sweet voices!
I’m sure they could do it with another song or even - heaven forfend - write their own tune.

767Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jan 19 2021, 13:51

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That's a bit harsh, Lusty....the girls are only 8 and 10....and at least they haven't been lounging about doing nothing during lockdown or watching netflix endlessly....or idly  reading Nuts' comments  Smile

Perhaps you might prefer their creative very original parody of One Day More from Les Mis which you can find online. Both went viral. I think it's a lovely thing to do together.

768Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jan 19 2021, 13:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:That's a bit harsh, Lusty....the girls are only 8 and 10....and at least they haven't been lounging about doing nothing during lockdown or watching netflix endlessly....or idly  reading Nuts' comments  Smile

Perhaps you might prefer their creative very original parody of One Day More from Les Mis which you can find online. Both went viral. I think it's a lovely thing to do together.
I'm not at all questioning the motherhood and apple pie homeliness of it all Okocha. It's just that the song has been covered and parodied so much, the tune actually annoys me when I hear it these days.

769Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jan 21 2021, 13:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:That's a bit harsh, Lusty....the girls are only 8 and 10....and at least they haven't been lounging about doing nothing during lockdown or watching netflix endlessly....or idly  reading Nuts' comments  Smile

Hey Okocha - here's a fine example of a lockdown project - Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids....
They do a decent Strawberry Fields too Smile

770Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jan 21 2021, 15:04

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

These lockdowns have gone on for so long now that I think people are not just working from home now, but are working from their beds. I am judging this from the customer service standards from the large companies. The way that you cant get through to a human being on any of their customer services numbers suggests that they only get out of bed to go to the kitchen and get food and wine and then return immediately to bed, which has their phone that redirected to them from work, which they dont answer. At actual bedtime they probably have to clear all the annoying crumbs up out of the sheets to sleep again.

771Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jan 21 2021, 21:16

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 8TqDNXf

772Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jan 23 2021, 12:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well, at least there's one health minister worse than Hancock!

"Sri Lanka's Health Minister Pavithra Wanniarachchi, who publicly endorsed a herbal syrup made by a sorcerer, has tested positive for Covid-19, officials say.
An official at the Ministry of Health told BBC journalist Ranga Sirilal that the minister had tested positive for coronavirus in two tests.
Wanniarachchi, who publicly consumed and endorsed the syrup as a way of stopping the spread of coronavirus infections, is the fourth minister to test positive, our journalist reports.
The Sri Lankan shaman who invented the syrup said the recipe was given to him in a visionary dream. It is said to contain honey and nutmeg.
Doctors say there is no scientific basis for the syrup as a remedy for coronavirus.
On Friday, hours after Wanniarachchi tested positive, Sri Lanka approved the emergency use of the AstraZeneca-Oxford University vaccine."

773Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jan 23 2021, 12:40

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I am lucky enough to have had my first vaccination. However it was the Pfizer one and I am concerned about the 12 week gap before I receive a second vaccination. I understand why the government is trying to get as many people vaccinated as possible but they are not following the science.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55777084

774Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jan 23 2021, 14:34

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:I am lucky enough to have had my first vaccination. However it was the Pfizer one and I am concerned about the 12 week gap before I receive a second vaccination. I understand why the government is trying to get as many people vaccinated as possible but they are not following the science.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55777084

Just had mine, Pfizer also, also a bit concerned about the 12 week gap but on the other hand didn't expect to get it till middle of Feb, so just glad i've had it.

775Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Jan 25 2021, 09:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6.3 million people have now received the first vaccine

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

776Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Feb 01 2021, 10:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had to laugh when I read that Bereaved Families for Justice UK - a campaign seeking a public enquiry into the government’s mishandling of the pandemic - got a response from Boris who said “he would meet anyone who had been bereaved by Covid”.

Notwithstanding the fact that there are probably in excess of a million people who have lost relatives so far which would keep him busy for the next 30 years, does he really think that meeting with them is the best plan?

777Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Feb 01 2021, 13:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:Had to laugh when I read that Bereaved Families for Justice UK - a campaign seeking a public enquiry into the government’s mishandling of the pandemic - got a response from Boris who said “he would meet anyone who had been bereaved by Covid”.

Notwithstanding the fact that there are probably in excess of a million people who have lost relatives so far which would keep him busy for the next 30 years, does he really think that meeting with them is the best plan?
They have new things such as Zoom and Teams now Wander  Laughing

778Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Feb 01 2021, 13:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

This tweet from BBC's China correspondent might give a few people pause for thought...

779Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Feb 01 2021, 13:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The fact that there was no covid outbreak anywhere else before Wuhan is yet further evidence that it almost certainly did start in China.

780Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 39 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Feb 01 2021, 14:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I agree, and if it was being developed in a lab, it was obviously being looked at as a weapon. Makes you wonder not where the world is going, but where it will end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum