Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+20
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 48]

741Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Jan 08 2021, 18:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've been doing a load more walking since Covid struck and being of a certain age and health I've had to improvise my walks to avoid being around as many people as I can which leads to all sorts of counterintuitive stuff.

For instance during the original lockdown the obvious places to go for a walk are the local parks or scenic areas - but everyone else do the same, so those became the areas I would tend to avoid and instead used to wander around the commercial districts and town centres instead because the office workers were working from home and virtually all the shops were shut, which meant there was hardly anyone around.

Similarly in summer, where my daughter lives is just off the Thames and a nice stroll to go and visit her would be along the Thames footpath but of course everyone else were out on their walks themselves and thus it was rammed with people, cyclists, joggers and everybody else enjoying the sunshine and the views.  I actually found that walking down the main residential streets running parallel to the river, there were far fewer people about and thus less potentially hazardous to my health.

In the winter months I found a late evening walks in the dark and cold in the local parks to be the place where most sensible people won't be found although you need to avoid the car park areas where the local youth are parked up in their hired BMW's smoking their weed which you can actually smell from quite a distance on the wind.

I'm not an antisocial person by nature but needs most and until I have both of my jabs I'll stay away from the crowd on my little walks the best I can.

As for the two ladies above, we only have their side of the story.  

Would people's view of the police action change if they had been caught doing this a number of times previously and asked not to - but ignored the warnings and persisted never the less?

Just a thought.

742Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Jan 08 2021, 20:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I've been doing a load more walking since Covid struck and being of a certain age and health I've had to improvise my walks to avoid being around as many people as I can which leads to all sorts of counterintuitive stuff.

For instance during the original lockdown the obvious places to go for a walk are the local parks or scenic areas - but everyone else do the same, so those became the areas I would tend to avoid and instead used to wander around the commercial districts and town centres instead because the office workers were working from home and virtually all the shops were shut, which meant there was hardly anyone around.

Similarly in summer, where my daughter lives is just off the Thames and a nice stroll to go and visit her would be along the Thames footpath but of course everyone else were out on their walks themselves and thus it was rammed with people, cyclists, joggers and everybody else enjoying the sunshine and the views.  I actually found that walking down the main residential streets running parallel to the river, there were far fewer people about and thus less potentially hazardous to my health.

In the winter months I found a late evening walks in the dark and cold in the local parks to be the place where most sensible people won't be found although you need to avoid the car park areas where the local youth are parked up in their hired BMW's smoking their weed which you can actually smell from quite a distance on the wind.

I'm not an antisocial person by nature but needs most and until I have both of my jabs I'll stay away from the crowd on my little walks the best I can.

As for the two ladies above, we only have their side of the story.  

Would people's view of the police action change if they had been caught doing this a number of times previously and asked not to - but ignored the warnings and persisted never the less?

Just a thought.
Pretty lucky here, in that we have some really nice walks on our doorstep. Croft is always nice for a stroll, and is quiet at the best of times, but the village is quieter still at the moment.
Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 3354951_4f768c0d

743Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Jan 08 2021, 20:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Also a bit worried about the bloke in Lady Lane. He says he's planting potatoes. Shocked
Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 6059370_dd5708df

744Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jan 09 2021, 09:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Derbyshire police actually read national guidelines and back down:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55594244

745Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Jan 10 2021, 13:48

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anyone know what the attitude of Jehova's Witnesses is to Covid vaccinations?
Should they be forced to help the country?

746Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Jan 10 2021, 14:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just had mine and nothing has fell off yet  Very Happy

747Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Jan 10 2021, 16:15

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Which one did you have?

748Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Jan 10 2021, 19:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Which one did you have?
The Pfizer one, second dose is the end of March.

749Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Jan 11 2021, 16:06

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

With Boris Johnson spotted cycling in the Olympic Park on Sunday and now visiting Bristol today, it seems that everybody must stay at home apart from Boris who accuses the public of complacency!

750Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jan 12 2021, 12:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Over 93000 deaths with Covid on the death certificate apparently - somewhat different from the announced figures which only include those who die within 28 days of contracting it and as we know, it can take months.

751Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jan 14 2021, 17:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

vaccination stats up an including 12/01/2021:

2,639,309 People have received the 1st dose of a vaccination
428,232 People have received the 2nd dose of a vaccination

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare?_ga=2.189052899.919306687.1610643338-1870731723.1610643338

752Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jan 14 2021, 23:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I for one can't wait until I'm pricked. Very Happy Mid Feb I'm led to believe.

753Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jan 14 2021, 23:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice to see you back Glos. Suitably refreshed?

754Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Jan 15 2021, 00:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Because I'm a volunteer I've been asked to train up to be a vaccinator - I suspect it's a 10 minute course as we won't have to find a vein Smile

755Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Jan 15 2021, 11:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thanks Bonce. I am indeed suitably refreshed. Good to see all the old faces.

756Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Jan 15 2021, 11:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:Because I'm a volunteer I've been asked to train up to be a vaccinator - I suspect it's a 10 minute course as we won't have to find a vein Smile

I think you have to fill in 21 forms though. Smile

757Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jan 16 2021, 14:29

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We just have to remember the middle class peoples rights to travel to a place in the countryside to exercise away from people who are on benefits. Razz

758Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jan 16 2021, 17:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Matt the twat at it again

759Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jan 16 2021, 18:36

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:Matt the twat at it again
Lordy! He is the Health secretary too! That area he is walking around is full of people. He has been telling people to stay at home!

760Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 38 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Mon Jan 18 2021, 15:22

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

In case you don't look at the Music thread:-

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum