Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+20
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
observer
bwfc71
Angry Dad
okocha
xmiles
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
karlypants
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 45 of 48]

881Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jun 29 2021, 18:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Posted at 16:59
Success story Australia now a 'stunning failure' over vaccine rollout

Australia is currently seeing a spike in cases in multiple parts of the country - the first time this has happened in months.

Throughout the pandemic, the country has managed to keep case numbers low with strict border closures and lockdowns.

But Prof Tim Soutphommasane from Sydney University says Australia is lagging way behind other developed countries with the rollout of the coronavirus vaccine - and that it will be looked back on as a "stunning failure".

"Australia has been winning the war but it is at serious risk of losing the peace because other countries around the world are rapidly opening up with very well vaccinated populations, leaving Australia behind," he says.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-57648685

882Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jul 06 2021, 10:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not been on for a few days as my Son has tested positive for Covid (his lateral flow was positive just waiting for the PCR test to be delivered) and he has been feeling ill with a high temperature and a headache.

We're all isolating till Wednesday 14th now.

883Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jul 06 2021, 10:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Not been on for a few days as my Son has tested positive for Covid (his lateral flow was positive just waiting for the PCR test to be delivered) and he has been feeling ill with a high temperature and a headache.

Hope the lad's feeling better soon. It's a bugger isn't it. So called freedom day just around the corner, and Covid's still managing to cock a snook.

884Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jul 06 2021, 10:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Boncey, it does feel weird as Schools are seeing a big rise in cases but restrictions are going to an end in a couple of weeks.

885Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jul 06 2021, 10:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Not been on for a few days as my Son has tested positive for Covid (his lateral flow was positive just waiting for the PCR test to be delivered) and he has been feeling ill with a high temperature and a headache.

Hope your son is soon well again.

886Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jul 06 2021, 12:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hope your boy is OK Mr Pig. I bet he's fine for the summer holidays  Very Happy

Am I right is thinking he will be virtually bullet-proof should it all come around again?

887Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Jul 06 2021, 13:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Sluffy and Glos. I hope he will now have the antibodies so shouldn't get it again but who really knows?

888Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jul 08 2021, 00:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

More than fair comment I would say.

(Bit late in the day though, don't know why he's saying it a year after it happened???).

889Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jul 08 2021, 15:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My lads PCR test came back positive and now a kid in my Daughters class has also got Covid so she has to isolate till the end of next week!

890Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jul 08 2021, 16:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:My lads PCR test came back positive and now a kid in my Daughters class has also got Covid so she has to isolate till the end of next week!
I hope you are all ok Norpig.

This bubble thing in schools simply does not work.

My lads school is going through the same thing now where year 1 and 5 had to isolate for 10 days I think it is? Then a few days later we were all told to avoid the office as the staff there had to isolate and now once all these are now back, year 6 have to isolate.

I would have thought that once it starts to get like this then wouldn’t it have been better to simply close the whole school down as it is obviously spreading right through it.

There’s just no common sense anymore.

891Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jul 08 2021, 16:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're ok KP but me and Mrs Pig are a bit stressed by it all now. She was on the phone to track and trace for half an hour earlier and it's causing issues at work as we both work in the same department.

My lads feeling better now which is good news  Very Happy

892Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Jul 08 2021, 16:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes hope each and everyone of you are ok Norpig.

I think the government has decided to let the virus spread like wildfire now - God knows how many would have caught it down the pubs and in their homes with their mates round last night following the England game - and it will be the same again on Sunday.

My daughter was out in London last to watch the game, so again God knows how many will catch it on the tubes and busses on their way home.

It's clear though that someone hasn't thought this through in that as it spreads - and until restrictions are lifted - more and more people like you and your family, will need to be off work and out of schools, which is starting to create massive disruptions.

I'm sure it could have been planned better but we also have to accept that a long time ago many people simply gave up following the basic rules any way!

We get what we deserve I guess.

As long as we all get through this safely is the main thing now.

893Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Jul 09 2021, 17:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You must be beyond pissed off after the amount of times you have had to isolate and take tests.

894Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jul 10 2021, 03:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ros Atkins on… England’s Covid gamble

Ros Atkins looks at the UK government’s plan to lift Covid restrictions in England.

895Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jul 10 2021, 18:43

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Rumours going around that Johnson will impose another lockdown after the Euros and Wimbledon, anarchy will break out if this is the case, using the Country as guinea pigs to enhance his popularity.

896Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jul 10 2021, 21:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:Rumours going around that Johnson will impose another lockdown after the Euros and Wimbledon, anarchy will break out if this is the case, using the Country as guinea pigs to enhance his popularity.

Don't believe all you read on social media Martin - in fact don't believe most of it!

I don't know if you bothered to watch the BBC analysis video a post or two back but if you had you would have heard the analysist say that Johnson can no longer command a majority to win a further parliamentary vote on extending the lockdown and unless something horrific in hospital admissions between now and then, then lockdown will go ahead a week on Monday.

They might impose a few rules longer such as wearing masks inside enclosed public areas but I doubt many will be fussed about that - they certainly do what they please anyway now, around where I live.

Get your jabs (if you've not already had them) and lay low for the next couple of months would be my advise - but I doubt many will.

Keep safe anyway.

Bit of a bad do in Haiti btw - hope your family are ok if they are still out over there.

897Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jul 10 2021, 21:30

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
Don't believe all you read on social media Martin - in fact don't believe most of it!

I don't know if you bothered to watch the BBC analysis video a post or two back but if you had you would have heard the analysist say that Johnson can no longer command a majority to win a further parliamentary vote on extending the lockdown and unless something horrific in hospital admissions between now and then, then lockdown will go ahead a week on Monday.

They might impose a few rules longer such as wearing masks inside enclosed public areas but I doubt many will be fussed about that - they certainly do what they please anyway now, around where I live.

Get your jabs (if you've not already had them) and lay low for the next couple of months would be my advise - but I doubt many will.

Keep safe anyway.

Bit of a bad do in Haiti btw - hope your family are ok if they are still out over there.

Had both jabs, and will still wear a mask either way, but I can see a big rise in infections coming in the next few weeks, and thanks for the concern re family, but my family are in the relative safety of the Dominican Republic thankfully.

898Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jul 10 2021, 22:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:Had both jabs, and will still wear a mask either way, but I can see a big rise in infections coming in the next few weeks, and thanks for the concern re family, but my family are in the relative safety of the Dominican Republic thankfully.

I'm pleased your family is safe and sound.

I know Haiti and Dominican Republic share the same island but I didn't know if it faced the same sort of political unrest and killings as clearly Haiti does.

All a bit of a rum do, reminds me of Mad Mike Hoare and the film loosely based on his life, The Wild Geese -

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 220px-The_Wild_Geese_%281978_film%29_poster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wild_Geese

And yes Covid cases will shoot up, I don't think there's much doubt about that.

I think most folk will be fine - it's a bit of tough titty to those who end up in hospital now - survival of the fittest and all that.

Thing is though I'm no longer one of the fittest (and if iirc didn't you have a bit of a health scare yourself some time back?) so look after yourself as well mate and keep away from the crowds the best you can like I intend to do until things settle down to something like normal again.

899Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sun Jul 11 2021, 16:22

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No Sluffy the two Countries have very different governing bodies, Haiti is more of a dictatorship, whereas The Dominican is a democratic nation, a free and safe place to live.

Yes you're right I did have a scare 6 years ago having had a heart attack, but I have lived like a recluse for the last 2 years, and now I just feel I need to break out, keep safe to you and all nutters

900Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 45 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Jul 17 2021, 11:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Norpig family are now out of isolation thank God! Not been on much this last couple of weeks as work has been horrendous. They had me working from home last week and actually sent home my pc from work to use at home!

We were meant to be going to Prestatyn next Monday but cancelled it as Haven are only letting people book the evening entertainment venue for 1 night of your 7 day stay! So fed up of covid now!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 45 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum