Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII

+15
Banks of the Croal
y2johnny
Cajunboy
Sluffy
okocha
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 50]

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Only just seen the race. he didn't get the best of runs.

Dutch Decoy did not receive any luck in running, and could have run much better with an untroubled passage through the race. He was noted as the Racing Post’s eye-catcher of the entire day; “Dutch Decoy could find no room in the finale when some was desperately required.” Everywhere Joe went, his path was blocked, and we feel Dutch Decoy is better than this result. We hope to see him on the course again soon, hopefully on better ground, as he seems to be in good form. The winner, Magical Wish, had finished half a length ahead of Dutch Decoy when they both met at Lingfield last week, in third and fourth places respectively.

722Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 37 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:34 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Only just seen the race. he didn't get the best of runs.

Dutch Decoy did not receive any luck in running, and could have run much better with an untroubled passage through the race. He was noted as the Racing Post’s eye-catcher of the entire day; “Dutch Decoy could find no room in the finale when some was desperately required.” Everywhere Joe went, his path was blocked, and we feel Dutch Decoy is better than this result. We hope to see him on the course again soon, hopefully on better ground, as he seems to be in good form. The winner, Magical Wish, had finished half a length ahead of Dutch Decoy when they both met at Lingfield last week, in third and fourth places respectively.
And the elephant man blamed his lack of success with the ladies on his aftershave. Surprised But I'll be hoping for a better outcome next time.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So will I.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I had a good laugh at this!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another 'Piers' looking a bit of a prick. Very Happy 
On a serious note, how often has money changed a politician's mind? A worrying thought.

726Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 37 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:22 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Another 'Piers' looking a bit of a prick. Very Happy 
On a serious note, how often has money changed a politician's mind? A worrying thought.

I'm sorry to be a cracked record but politics is all about power and power corrupts.

It doesn't matter what politics you believe in but whatever they are they are ultimately manifestly and physically represented and delivered by people and ultimately you depend, believe and put trust in their integrity and honesty.

That to me is akin to believing in religion - namely you are putting everything into 'trusting' others to be as good if not better than you as a person - priests and children, or Islam and the IS for instance.

Real life shows most aren't - let's face it we are hardly saints ourselves so why should we expect others to be whiter than white?

The history of the world is about man exploiting man so just because we are a bit more civilised these days doesn't mean that isn't still happening.

We have to have some form of democracy to live by and generally it is fine however some will exploit it and others want to bring it crashing down.

I just think these days with social media, everything is magnified, blown out of proportion and far, far too many people believe what others feed them.

It is what it is.

727Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 37 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:38 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone want to pay me to promote meat eating? I might be up for it.

You never know. Very Happy

728Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 37 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:08 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

729Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 37 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:50 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mum decided to buy a new smart TV. At 11.50 tonight she decided to ask me to come round and set it up. She was a bit annoyed that the TV showed every sign of being too smart for its own good. 
The next few days are going to be fun, and I've not even broached the subject of the built in DVD player.
She's got a mobile phone that she never turns on, in case someone phones her. She's got a contract for the bloody thing!
Her contact book is something to behold. The dentist is under T for teeth. Optician E for eyes. And best of all, the doctor is under Q for quack.
You couldn't make it up. Lord know what her gynaecologist comes under.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Mum decided to buy a new smart TV. At 11.50 tonight she decided to ask me to come round and set it up. She was a bit annoyed that the TV showed every sign of being too smart for its own good. 
The next few days are going to be fun, and I've not even broached the subject of the built in DVD player.
She's got a mobile phone that she never turns on, in case someone phones her. She's got a contract for the bloody thing!
Her contact book is something to behold. The dentist is under T for teeth. Optician E for eyes. And best of all, the doctor is under Q for quack.
You couldn't make it up. Lord know what her gynaecologist comes under.

C for.........

...cystitis of course.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

C for.........

...cystitis of course.
Got to go round again later. Apparently some of her channels have disappeared, and she's not happy. This digital TV lark is a pain.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

733Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 37 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:38 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sluffy wrote:

C for.........

...cystitis of course.
P for...

Personal bits.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

734Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 37 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:50 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just noticed one of the birthday boys is Rammy. Not forgotten my friend, not forgotten.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Not forgotten at all.

Always a great guy to chat with.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm sorry, has Rammy left us?  Shocked

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:I'm sorry, has Rammy left us?  Shocked
Sadly, yes. Couple of years ago. 

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t20323-rammywhite?highlight=rammywhite+death

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Gone but not forgotten Rammy.

One of the good guys.

RIP

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still miss him, a great poster and all round nice guy. It still touches me that on his death bed he asked his daughter to let us know he had passed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum