Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

British Broadcorping Castration

+10
Sluffy
wanderlust
Norpig
okocha
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
gloswhite
Angry Dad
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 20]

41British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 09:14

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Gary Lineker - No thanks

Zoe Ball - No thanks

Graham Norton - No thanks

But they are such 'incredible value' according to the Beeb's latest Director General.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/bbc-rich-list-shows-highest-22688742

Not incredible value to me, Sunshine. I don't spend any of my time watching or listening to this lot.

And then we have the extortionate fees that 'are not included in the figures'.

Yes but the world doesn't revolve around you does it? So who cares what you think? They've decided what to pay their 'stars' presumably based on market conditions and ratings, not just plucked out of thin air to give you something to cry about.

42British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 09:24

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Lineker has taken a 23% pay cut and is willing to put up an asylum seeker from what i've heard. He could just have easily left the BBC and Sky or BT would have paid him much more.

He does seem to be the right wing punch bag just because he voted remain and has a brain unlike most of the gammons out there.

:agree:

43British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 09:30

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

44British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 12:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

How are these wages assessed ? I'm sure there are many people out in the world who are just as good at talking, and probably far more productive than these so called 'stars'

45British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 12:20

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:How are these wages assessed ? I'm sure there are many people out in the world who are just as good at talking, and probably far more productive than these so called 'stars'
Simply describing them as 'stars' is a scam.

How do they get these positions and pay? I expect it helps if you move in the right circles and conform to the prevailing groupthink.

46British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 12:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

And of course do anything to stay in the limelight. An example being Carol Vorderman who has had so many incarnations that I think she now appears younger than when she first started.

47British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 12:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I find Lineker dull as ditch water. Likewise Shearer. They might as well just show the highlights without them.
Even after match interviews are a waste of time. They've all been media trained to string sentences together that mean nothing.
I just watch the goals on youtube.

48British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 12:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:And of course do anything to stay in the limelight. An example being Carol Vorderman who has had so many incarnations that I think she now appears younger than when she first started.
 Careful KP will ban you if you upset his MILF crush  Very Happy

49British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 12:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
I've already upset him in that regard. She's becoming grotesque.

50British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 12:34

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Norpig wrote:
I was expecting KP to jump all over me for that  Very Happy

51British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 13:21

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I've already upset him in that regard. She's becoming grotesque.
Trying too hard to look young isn't always the best idea but I can see no evidence of Ms Vorderman being the object of Dave Hartnett's venom. 

Carol mainly worked for Channel 4 on what I expect the likes of Mr Personality Lineker would regard as 'a pittance'.

52British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 13:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I find Lineker dull as ditch water. Likewise Shearer. They might as well just show the highlights without them.

I think you're mistaking Shearer for someone else as he always says what he thinks, he's had a pop at everyone over the past few years. Very entertaining at times.

He's the number one pundit across all the channels, although Roy Keane is rather brilliant on Sky.

53British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 14:49

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got to agree about Roy Keane, very funny. Watch some clips on YouTube, entertaining:

54British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Wed Sep 16 2020, 14:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I think you're mistaking Shearer for someone else as he always says what he thinks, he's had a pop at everyone over the past few years. Very entertaining at times.

He's the number one pundit across all the channels, although Roy Keane is rather brilliant on Sky.
He says what he thinks, but in a dull way. Mind you, Andy Townsend is as bad as it gets over on ITV.

55British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Sep 17 2020, 07:54

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You really have to feel sorry for Alan Shearer. Every week during the footie season, he  has to traipse along to a TV studio and spend what could be as much as two or even three minutes talking about football when he could be down the pub having a drink with the lads. Sometimes he even 'says what he thinks'.

Now the penny pinching Beeb have reduced his salary to a measly £395K. Its an absolute outrage. How can he possibly keep up any decent standard of living on such a pittance?

56British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Sep 17 2020, 09:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think saying what he thinks is part of the job remit, isn't it? If only he didn't put me to sleep in the process.
Cushy number. The whole system needs shaking up.

57British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Sep 17 2020, 10:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
Norpig wrote:
I was expecting KP to jump all over me for that  Very Happy

1......2......3...... :banned:

Very Happy

58British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Sep 17 2020, 10:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't mind having a go on her TBH. She reminds me of a G.I. Jane sort of person for some reason.

It must be her svelte figure! Very Happy

59British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Thu Sep 17 2020, 18:03

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Lineker has taken a 23% pay cut and is willing to put up an asylum seeker from what i've heard. He could just have easily left the BBC and Sky or BT would have paid him much more.

He does seem to be the right wing punch bag just because he voted remain and has a brain unlike most of the gammons out there.
A 95% reduction would be more like it. I expect this 'asylum seeker' (male or female?) will have a more rigorous assessment than Lineker's ever had at the Beeb and isn't he already being paid by BT as well?

As for having a brain, where was that when SIX TIMES he 'invested' into the kind of tax avoidance schemes that were bound, RIGHTLY,  to get right up the noses of HMRC and caused the backlash that predictably followed?

His first wife and mother of his four children divorced him because of the 'stress and anxiety' his 'unreasonable behaviour' had caused her during their marriage. Anyone believe her? I do.

60British Broadcorping Castration - Page 3 Empty Re: British Broadcorping Castration Fri Sep 18 2020, 09:34

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I think saying what he thinks is part of the job remit, isn't it? If only he didn't put me to sleep in the process.
Cushy number. The whole system needs shaking up.
Well yes it is but I can't say Shearer sends me to sleep. I can't be bothered to stay awake to watch MOTD on a Saturday night. I know I'll only get irritated at the very sight of Smarmypants Lineker.

The sense of entitlement these slebs have to the grotesque amounts of money they extract from the Beeb Tax is nothing short of an abomination.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum