Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+16
Angry Dad
karlypants
wanderlust
okocha
xmiles
wessy
Norpig
sunlight
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Ten Bobsworth
gloswhite
Sluffy
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 50]

661How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:10 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:What’s the feeling around the hospital about the proposed 1% pay rise for health workers Norpig?

Not fantastic as you can imagine but we are used to it. Unison were pushing for £2000 for every NHS worker which is unrealistic to put it mildly.

I'm just thankful i have a job (no matter how stressful it's been this last year) and i'll take the 1% and not moan. Plenty of other people getting no pay rise or being made redundant.

NHS workers just want to get on with their jobs and aren't arsed about clapping and all the other back slapping bollocks.

662How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:01 am

Sluffy wrote:If the Tory government are so shit at everything and have been so for so long, then why do they have a 13 point lead over the Labour party then???

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 _117388741_times-nc

..dunno..

Great question, it's difficult to understand how the Tories have maintained such a strong level of support given all the damage that's been done over the last 10 years or so. Obviously we're a long way out, but wouldn't surprise me if a snap election was called before the end of this cycle, especially if they manage to redraw the election boundaries.

I've been less than impressed with Starmer in recent months, even tempted to follow Bonce out the door. But I've stuck around for now, we need a viable alternative from him his policies (or lack of) aren't cutting through.

Good to see you back by the way.

663How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:05 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Boris just can't stop lying:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56281934

664How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:45 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

Great question, it's difficult to understand how the Tories have maintained such a strong level of support given all the damage that's been done over the last 10 years or so. Obviously we're a long way out, but wouldn't surprise me if a snap election was called before the end of this cycle, especially if they manage to redraw the election boundaries.

I've been less than impressed with Starmer in recent months, even tempted to follow Bonce out the door. But I've stuck around for now, we need a viable alternative from him his policies (or lack of) aren't cutting through.

Good to see you back by the way.
I think there are several factors and two stick out in my mind:
1) The impact of their policies, Brexit and the budget won't be felt for a year or so ergo people are inclined to assume that it's all going to be plain sailing and any short term hiccups can be blamed on Covid or the EU as per the spin.
2) Those who voted for them and Brexit are desperate to have their decision validated so it's going to take a helluva lot of national misery for them to realise what path they've sent us down and even then they would be unlikely to admit it is their fault.
Both factors are about the timing of the poll. It's like asking folk about their manager's team selection and tactics two minutes after kickoff Smile

665How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:18 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:I think there are several factors and two stick out in my mind:
1) The impact of their policies, Brexit and the budget won't be felt for a year or so ergo people are inclined to assume that it's all going to be plain sailing and any short term hiccups can be blamed on Covid or the EU as per the spin.
2) Those who voted for them and Brexit are desperate to have their decision validated so it's going to take a helluva lot of national misery for them to realise what path they've sent us down and even then they would be unlikely to admit it is their fault.
Both factors are about the timing of the poll. It's like asking folk about their manager's team selection and tactics two minutes after kickoff Smile

Hahaha!!!!

Well you WOULD KNOW all about that wouldn't you!!!

This is what YOU posted on ww on the 20th September, 2019 -

One of the hardest things to do is to admit you were conned and manipulated but I'm prepared to do it as I voted to Leave with the free trade deal I was promised in the referendum. After all it was going to be "the easiest in human history" to negotiate especially as "we hold all the cards". Nobody is prepared to consider that they have been manipulated, believed lies they were told and nobody likes being taken for a mug which is presumably why the conversation has been closed down and rather than manning up, many leavers are now trying to say no deal is what they voted for all along and that all leave voters voted for the same thing. We didn't.

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/88073-in-or-out-again/page/987/?tab=comments#comment-1934938

:rofl:

666How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:48 am

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've been through this already...Agree to disagree

667How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:57 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We've been through this already...Agree to disagree

???

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, I merely pointed out that Wanderlust posted that he voted FOR Brexit and in his own words on the post above 'Those who voted for Brexit...would be unlikely to admit it!'.

Which he demonstrates exactly that with his own behaviour by how he posts about Brexit (and those that did!) on here.

QED.

668How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:22 pm

wanderlust wrote:
I think there are several factors and two stick out in my mind:

I’m sure I read somewhere that the Tories have a baked in 35% based on being the only ‘Pro-Brexit’ party. 

So I’d imagine they’re here to stay, unless Labour are willing to form some sort of progressive coalition for with SNP/Green/Lib Dem - which personally I’d be for but I don’t see how the SNP and Labour could square the independence question.

669How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:10 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

:clap: :clap:

and try to treat all Nutters with respect in these testing times. It's been largely peaceful and pleasant on here in recent days. Would be great to keep it like that.

670How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:41 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Now this is a priority for Boris (right after looking after his rich friends and cronies) and never mind the nurses:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56295191

671How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:58 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Stop moaning Norpig Lord Bethell says you are well paid and should be grateful you have a job:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56260038

672How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:59 am

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The opportune moment for another article by Marina Hyde....amusing and also spot on re Nurses' pay.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/05/nurses-salaries-redecorate-downing-street-political

673How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:04 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

okocha wrote:The opportune moment for another article by Marina Hyde....amusing and also spot on re Nurses' pay.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/mar/05/nurses-salaries-redecorate-downing-street-political

The most shocking thing in that article is this: "fewer than one in five people believing Sunak’s budget will leave them worse off". Given that tax personal allowances are being frozen for 5 years most people are going to be worse off! Just how stupid are people?

674How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:18 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We already did agree to disagree but for some reason Sluffy keeps trying to start an argument and bringing up a post by a different user on a different site when he can't think of anything else to say. I know his tired mantras are pathetic but unfortunately I can't block his trolling.
But stop lumping me in with him every time he has a go at me. It's him, not me.

675How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:18 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

The most shocking thing in that article is this: "fewer than one in five people believing Sunak’s budget will leave them worse off". Given that tax personal allowances are being frozen for 5 years most people are going to be worse off! Just how stupid are people?
Very.

676How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:25 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can pretty much guarantee that there will be a U turn re the 1% - public opinion is against it and that's the only thing that matters to Boris.
The nurses were offered 2.1% so the buck will get passed to the Pay Review Body and they'll do the decent thing IMO - especially as they recognise the need to recruit.

677How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:02 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
We already did agree to disagree but for some reason Sluffy keeps trying to start an argument and bringing up a post by a different user on a different site when he can't think of anything else to say. I know his tired mantras are pathetic but unfortunately I can't block his trolling.
But stop lumping me in with him every time he has a go at me. It's him, not me.

Hahaha!!!!

Why lie???

We've done this before - it's all here - it's you posting under a different user name - that's all!!!

And all to avoid admitting you were wrong about something on the internet that nobody but you are even bothered about!!!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t13275p210-euro-referendum-23rd-june#418334

You really are an utter nutjob.

:rofl:

678How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:36 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 DeafeningEminentGrayreefshark-max-1mb

679How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:48 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

680How is the Tory government doing? - Page 34 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:39 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What worries me is the 21.6% fall in imports not just because of the widening of the trade gap but because the biggest drop was in medicines.
Car parts was also a big faller but I’m less concerned about the demise of our car industry than the availability of medicines once the pre- Brexit stockpiling has been exhausted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 42 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum