Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"We didn't get any consistency" - Evatt unhappy with ref display

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt felt Wanderers were on the wrong end of some ref justice in their 3-3 Boxing Day draw at Carlisle United.

The Bolton boss reckons his side were denied a clear penalty in the first half for a trip on George Thomason – an incident for which he also picked up a yellow card for remonstrating with the fourth official.

Referee Ross Joyce also ordered off Peter Kioso for a second bookable offence in stoppage time, which means the wingback will not be available for Tuesday night’s home game against Morecambe.

Kioso was shown the yellow card five minutes into the first half for what Evatt claims was a fair challenge on Callum Guy.

“I thought it was a really good tackle for the first one, and he gets yellow carded,” the Whites boss complained. “The second is more like a tactical foul, really.

“He is disappointed and so am I because he is a big player for us. When you are trying to attack, when you have Peter, Reiss (Greenidge) and Rico (Ricardo Santos) you can almost afford to leave them one v one at the back because they are so quick and powerful.”

On his own yellow card – one of nine dished out by Joyce on the day – the Bolton boss added: “I don’t really understand how I can get a yellow card for protesting against a stonewall penalty not being given, especially when you see some of the free kicks that were being given to the opposition. There has to be some sort of consistency.

“We didn’t get any consistency today and it was a penalty, I think we all saw that.”

George Thomason scored his first senior goal to get Bolton back into the game just before half time.

And the youngster, who grew in stature in the second half, will have learned a lot from what was a taxing afternoon at Brunton Park.

“I am very pleased with him trying to do the right things, I’m pleased he got a goal and possibly could have had a second and a penalty as well,” Evatt said.

“George just needs to understand the conditions, as they all do, and when it is like it was in the first half and we’re against the wind and under the cosh sometimes you just have to turn them and get them defending. We’re still trying to play sideways and link passes.”

“The conditions, surface and the opposition were not suited to that today.

“This is not an easy place to come, as you have seen from their results, they have won eight games out of nine. To get back into the game is very good.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum