Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+12
terenceanne
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
Hip Priest
xmiles
okocha
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 17]

281Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 13 2023, 08:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched Brian and Charles last night, a strange and quirky film but i enjoyed it. It's about a lonely man who builds himself a robot to keep him company.

282Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 13 2023, 09:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've not watched it, but saw the trailer a few months ago and thought it looked a sweet little film. I will check it out.

I did watch Everything Everywhere All At Once last night. I say "watched" but I actually turned it off after half an hour. Absolute guff. The gist of it seemed to be an overworked woman rushing around trying to keep a laundrette running. I didn't laugh once.

I should have known though. Any film that wins a load of Oscars is usually awful.

283Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 13 2023, 11:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Watched Brian and Charles last night, a strange and quirky film but i enjoyed it. It's about a lonely man who builds himself a robot to keep him company.

What a coincidence. I was going to post about it as well. I really enjoyed it.

284Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 13 2023, 11:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:What a coincidence. I was going to post about it as well. I really enjoyed it.

When I first saw the trailer a few months back I thought of you instantly.

If there's one person I know who would try to build a robot and put a bow-tie on it, it would be you.

285Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 13 2023, 13:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:What a coincidence. I was going to post about it as well. I really enjoyed it.

When I first saw the trailer a few months back I thought of you instantly.

If there's one person I know who would try to build a robot and put a bow-tie on it, it would be you.

Do you know what, I thought exactly the same when I saw Norpig's post above too!

I thought it best to keep it to myself.

Of course I know you are not like that in real life though...

...are you?

Very Happy

286Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 13 2023, 13:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Do you know what, I thought exactly the same when I saw Norpig's post above too!

I thought it best to keep it to myself.

Of course I know you are not like that in real life though...

...are you?

Very Happy
Worryingly, a few other people have mentioned it. I might have to take a look at myself. Shocked

287Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Apr 10 2023, 14:52

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It could be a big job.Film and TV review. - Page 15 Icon_biggrin

288Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Apr 13 2023, 12:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very late to the party but just started watching Succession, watched the first episode and enjoyed it.

289Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Apr 13 2023, 12:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Very late to the party but just started watching Succession, watched the first episode and enjoyed it.
You've not heard about the fourth season then?  Very Happy

290Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Apr 13 2023, 16:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
You've not heard about the fourth season then?  Very Happy
no spoliers!  Very Happy

291Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Apr 14 2023, 11:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Manure blew it last night. This is the inside of my head on these occasions. Mind you, it's the inside of my head on most days.

292Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jun 02 2023, 20:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been looking at a few tv series that most people seem to have watched, but that somehow passed me by.
Looking down a rather lengthy list, I came across 'Monk', which appears to be some kind of cop drama.
Can anyone recommend it?
Or not.

293Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jul 04 2023, 14:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My daughter wanted to watch Young Sheldon, which is the prequel to the Big Bang Theory, so as it's 12 rated on Netflix i watched a few with her and now watch it with her all the time. I never watched the Big Bang Theory but it is funny and well worth a watch.

294Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jul 04 2023, 19:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:My daughter wanted to watch Young Sheldon, which is the prequel to the Big Bang Theory, so as it's 12 rated on Netflix i watched a few with her and now watch it with her all the time. I never watched the Big Bang Theory but it is funny and well worth a watch.

Yes I liked the Big Bang Theory although I thought it got a bit 'Friends-ish' the longer it went on.

If you like this kind of humour then I highly recommend you watching Frasier from the beginning - probably the best series I've ever watched.

It went off the boil a bit when the 'British family' got involved (I'm trying not to spoil it for you if you do get to watch it) but it still was very clever and funny.

Free to watch on here -

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/frasier

295Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jul 05 2023, 10:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Used to watch Frazier a lot as i loved Cheers before that. They are bringing Frazier back, seem to remember reading something recently about it. The chap who played his Brother Niles isn;t going to be in it though.

296Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jul 05 2023, 10:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't they think of something new to bring out instead of remaking something and ruining it for fans?

I have noticed that they seem to do this a lot.

297Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jul 05 2023, 11:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Can't they think of something new to bring out instead of remaking something and ruining it for fans?

I have noticed that they seem to do this a lot.
I agree. Frasier has had his day. Too lazy to come up with a new idea, so go for the easy money.

They like prequels too. First of the Summer Wine for instance. Only Fools had a pop at it too.

298Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jul 08 2023, 12:47

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
I agree. Frasier has had his day. Too lazy to come up with a new idea, so go for the easy money.

They like prequels too. First of the Summer Wine for instance. Only Fools had a pop at it too.
Frasier is on the way back but none of the original characters are in it - except for Frasier himself.  Don't expect much to be honest.

299Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Jul 27 2023, 11:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

300Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 28 2023, 09:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BBC's The Sixth Commandment is a tidy piece of drama which has the viewer cringing with horror and having to suspend disbelief at times, knowing it's based on a true story. Brilliantly filmed and acted and absolutely well worth watching. Available on I-Player.

Netflix continues to churn out high quality thrillers, especially some of the European based police dramas, but currently I'm watching the American "Unbelievable" which is a compelling, but uncomfortable watch as it tackles the difficult subject of a scheming serial rapist who targets highly vulnerable and socially awkward girls and women whose accounts are less likely to be believed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum