Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+12
terenceanne
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
Hip Priest
xmiles
okocha
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 17]

261Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 21:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Yes they have.

(Oh I see you've already heard!).

I've watched their series too but it isn't up to much and I wouldn't recommend it after watching our original.

It might be ok if you started on the US version first but definitely not the other way around.

I didn't intend to be mean about Dectorists, it isn't bad at all and I've followed every episode but it isn't in the same league as Ghosts.

Coincidentally Simon Farnby who appears in and co-created Ghosts (and also co-created and appears in the Horrible History series) also has a recurring part in Dectorists too.

He also wrote the film Paddington 2 (I know, I know) but I've seen it and if you get the chance to watch it then do so - I enjoyed it!  All the kids will love it too!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Farnaby
I think Rachael Stirling is in Detectorists, and as I had a bit of a thing for her mum, Diana Rigg, I might give it a go.

262Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 22:17

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I watched Nick Park's Early Man tonight. Lady Bobsworth recorded it for me. She thought I'd like it. She's never wrong. Try it.

https://www.cnet.com/culture/entertainment/how-nick-park-hid-wallace-and-gromit-in-early-man-his-latest-movie/

263Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 22:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I watched Nick Park's Early Man tonight. Lady Bobsworth recorded it for me. She thought I'd like it. She's never wrong. Try it.

https://www.cnet.com/culture/entertainment/how-nick-park-hid-wallace-and-gromit-in-early-man-his-latest-movie/
How come Nat got a part, but I didn't. And she's gone blonde. Nice.

Film and TV review. - Page 14 Wallac10

264Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 22:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I think Rachael Stirling is in Detectorists, and as I had a bit of a thing for her mum, Diana Rigg, I might give it a go.

The Avengers certainly got a lot more interesting when Emma Peel became Steed's wingman!

265Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 22:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just heard that Diana Rigg is also in Detectorists. Happy days. Very Happy

266Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 02 2023, 12:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

This New Years Eve telly in Russia!

267Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Jan 12 2023, 14:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just watched the film Interstellar for the first time, what an amazing film! I can't pretend some of it went over my head but still a brilliant film

268Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Jan 12 2023, 15:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Just watched the film Interstellar for the first time, what an amazing film! I can't pretend some of it went over my head but still a brilliant film

I told you this YEARS ago you bellend.

The greatest film ever made.

269Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Jan 12 2023, 16:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I told you this YEARS ago you bellend.

The greatest film ever made.
Great film. I bought the Hamilton 'Murph' watch featured in it. Think I've got the 'Coop' somewhere as well.

270Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jan 24 2023, 10:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone watching the Last of Us on Sky Atlantic? Watched the first episode and it was good and has had rave reviews.

271Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jan 24 2023, 10:25

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I watched Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher t'other neet. Expanding my horizons, you might say.

What a load of tripe. Do folk pay to watch this stuff?

272Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jan 24 2023, 10:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Anyone watching the Last of Us on Sky Atlantic? Watched the first episode and it was good and has had rave reviews.

I got half way through it and gave up, not because it was bad, it was just so depressing. I turned over and watched Mr Bean.

273Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jan 24 2023, 10:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I watched Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher t'other neet. Expanding my horizons, you might say.

What a load of tripe. Do folk pay to watch this stuff?

The "Reacher" on Amazon was much, much better. For a start Alan Ritchson looks like I'd expect Reacher to.

274Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 25 2023, 21:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fauda, season 4, Netflix.

Wow.

Treat yourself.

275Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Feb 02 2023, 12:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watching 1883 on Paramount at the moment and it's been great, it's a prequel to Yellowstone.

276Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 13 2023, 16:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Probably talking to myself again but I highly recommend watching this programme (below) on art.

Art, I hear you say?

Yes Art.

Ok not everybody's thing, not even mine really, but I think nearly everybody likes Vincent Van Gough, and his fellow Impressionist mates, paintings - and this programme first on TV over 10 years ago, is the best I've seen and is currently being screened again on BBC iPlayer, and tells the story of the four main Impressionist painters.

The presenter Waldemar Januszczak (don't worry he's British, no funny accent) has a unique style of telling the story that makes watching fun and interesting.

Just give it a chance and I think you will enjoy this too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012rvkl/the-impressionists-painting-and-revolution-1-gang-of-four

277Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 13 2023, 16:25

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Van Gogh was actually an Expressionist.

That programme looks worth watching though and I know my wife will enjoy it, thanks.

278Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 13 2023, 17:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Probably talking to myself again but I highly recommend watching this programme (below) on art.

Art, I hear you say?

Yes Art.

Ok not everybody's thing, not even mine really, but I think nearly everybody likes Vincent Van Gough, and his fellow Impressionist mates, paintings - and this programme first on TV over 10 years ago, is the best I've seen and is currently being screened again on BBC iPlayer, and tells the story of the four main Impressionist painters.

The presenter Waldemar Januszczak (don't worry he's British, no funny accent) has a unique style of telling the story that makes watching fun and interesting.

Just give it a chance and I think you will enjoy this too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012rvkl/the-impressionists-painting-and-revolution-1-gang-of-four
Seen a lot of his stuff, and it's always worth the effort. Great communicator. (And a cracking score in Scrabble).

279Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Mar 12 2023, 15:30

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Tonight sees the second part of Paul Whitehouse- Our Troubled Rivers two part series about the state of our rivers due to the activites of the private water companies.

The first part was very interesting and very depressing, but certainly eye opening.

It's worth watching!!!

280Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Mar 12 2023, 15:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Tonight sees the second part of Paul Whitehouse- Our Troubled Rivers two part series about the state of our rivers due to the activites of the private water companies.

The first part was very interesting and very depressing, but certainly eye opening.

It's worth watching!!!
He was on talkSport the other day talking about it. Interesting stuff.

https://deframedia.blog.gov.uk/2023/03/06/government-response-to-our-troubled-rivers-documentary/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum