Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+12
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
luckyPeterpiper
Hip Priest
xmiles
okocha
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 17]

241Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Oct 10 2022, 16:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
You can keep your vegan sausage rolls and your David Dickinson, Boncey. Tomato soup and pork pie for lunch for me today. Somehow I thought it was my duty to have some pork pie.
I had a Dickinson's Melton Mowbray pork pie for lunch today with a cold tomato.

I just hope David didn't have one of his fingers in it.
Very Happy

242Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Oct 12 2022, 10:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched Silent Running again last night. Not watched it for a while, but it's just as good as I remembered.

243Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Oct 15 2022, 08:42

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

RIP Robbie Coltrane OBE, a superlative, versatile actor. 

His performances as Fitz in Cracker won him three consecutive Bafta Best Actor awards and will live forever in my memory in the outstanding drama written by super-talented Jimmy McGovern.

As Hagrid in the Harry Potter films, he won a whole new army of fans.

The tributes to him from fellow-actors and critics speak volumes.

244Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Oct 15 2022, 10:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:RIP Robbie Coltrane OBE, a superlative, versatile actor. 

His performances as Fitz in Cracker won him three consecutive Bafta Best Actor awards and will live forever in my memory in the outstanding drama written by super-talented Jimmy McGovern.

As Hagrid in the Harry Potter films, he won a whole new army of fans.

The tributes to him from fellow-actors and critics speak volumes.
Yes indeed. Only saw him the other night in an episode of the Scottish comedy Still Game.

A great talent, who'll be sadly missed.

245Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Nov 07 2022, 02:13

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just finished watching "Welcome to Wrexham"  - very good series.

Interesting as Phil Parkinson is shown in a different perspective then most of us would think.

246Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Dec 08 2022, 19:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm watching the Singing Detective again on BBC4, i'd forgotten how good it was. Also watched Our Friends in the North again recently which was also great.

247Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Dec 08 2022, 21:35

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:I'm watching the Singing Detective again on BBC4, i'd forgotten how good it was. Also watched Our Friends in the North again recently which was also great.
Both extremely good, Norpig. Similarly, the brilliant Cracker now being repeated, and, even better, Inspector George Gently......drama at its best, evoking the sixties, warts and all. Superb!

248Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Dec 22 2022, 16:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone watching Three Pines on Prime?

It's like an overblown Murder She Wrote.

249Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Dec 24 2022, 10:29

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone watching Three Pines on Prime?

It's like an overblown Murder She Wrote.

Three Pines? Isn’t that a rival of Unibol in the toilet disenfectant market?

Viva Las Reebok.

Merry Christmas, Boncey.

250Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Dec 24 2022, 11:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Three Pines? Isn’t that a rival of Unibol in the toilet disenfectant market?

Viva Las Reebok.

Merry Christmas, Boncey.
Merry Christmas, Bob. I'm getting stuck into the mince pies and port tonight, so Christmas day might be a bit of a blur.
I know for a fact that my brother has bought me a set of Dad's Army bobbleheads.
I usually get more toys than the kids, which might not surprise anyone on here, so I'll have a great day no matter what.

251Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Dec 26 2022, 00:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've fnally gotten round to watching Better Call Saul and it is fantastic! I'll be watching Breaking Bad again after this i think.

Started watching The Boys on Amazon with my lad as well and it's been good so far.

252Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 19:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Detectorists any good?

Another series I've missed out on, but I've heard some good things about it. 

Worth a go, or a dud?

253Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 19:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Is Detectorists any good?

Another series I've missed out on, but I've heard some good things about it. 

Worth a go, or a dud?

It's ok but I wouldn't rave over it.

One I would recommend if you've not seen it before is 'Ghosts'.

It's a comedy rather than a horror and it really is one of the best things on TV in ages. It's not laugh out loud funny but you do get quite fond of all the characters - well at least I did.

iplayer link below -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00049t7/ghosts-series-1-1-who-do-you-think-you-are

254Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 20:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone watch Happy Valley on BBC?  Stars Sarah Lancaster. 
New series starts tonight at 9PM. 
Filmed around Halifax.

255Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 20:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Anyone watch Happy Valley on BBC?  Stars Sarah Lancaster. 
New series starts tonight at 9PM. 
Filmed around Halifax.

Looking forward to this, always worth watching.

256Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 20:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

It's a comedy rather than a horror and it really is one of the best things on TV in ages.  It's not laugh out loud funny but you do get quite fond of all the characters - well at least I did.

iplayer link below -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00049t7/ghosts-series-1-1-who-do-you-think-you-are
Thanks Sluffy, I did watch the first series, but it somehow disappeared from my radar. Just checked and there's more to watch, so I can have a bit of a binge.
Bet the Yanks pinch it. Probably already have.

257Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 20:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Best thing I've watched this Christmas is 'The Recruit' on Netflix. Laura Haddock is pretty special in it, a far cry from her roll on the Inbetweeners film.

258Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 20:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Bet the Yanks pinch it. Probably already have.

Film and TV review. - Page 13 Z

259Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 20:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I knew it. Pesky Yanks. Look what the bastards did to Dad's Army.

260Film and TV review. - Page 13 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jan 01 2023, 21:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

It's a comedy rather than a horror and it really is one of the best things on TV in ages.  It's not laugh out loud funny but you do get quite fond of all the characters - well at least I did.

iplayer link below -

Thanks Sluffy, I did watch the first series, but it somehow disappeared from my radar. Just checked and there's more to watch, so I can have a bit of a binge.
Bet the Yanks pinch it. Probably already have.

Yes they have.

(Oh I see you've already heard!).

I've watched their series too but it isn't up to much and I wouldn't recommend it after watching our original.

It might be ok if you started on the US version first but definitely not the other way around.

I didn't intend to be mean about Dectorists, it isn't bad at all and I've followed every episode but it isn't in the same league as Ghosts.

Coincidentally Simon Farnby who appears in and co-created Ghosts (and also co-created and appears in the Horrible History series) also has a recurring part in Dectorists too.

He also wrote the film Paddington 2 (I know, I know) but I've seen it and if you get the chance to watch it then do so - I enjoyed it!  All the kids will love it too!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Farnaby

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum