Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+12
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
luckyPeterpiper
Hip Priest
xmiles
okocha
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 17]

221Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 11 2022, 09:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Never got The Sopranos. People getting whacked gets boring after a while. Very Happy
I used to like you Boncey, such sacrilege!  Very Happy

222Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 11 2022, 09:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
I used to like you Boncey, such sacrilege!  Very Happy
I prefer Worzel Gummidge. Very Happy

223Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 11 2022, 09:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last Gummidge I watched was very good. Aunt Sally had run off with the fair, and was flirting with the strongman, so Worzel tried to make her jealous by having tea and cakes with Dolly Clothes Pegg, played by Lorraine Chase.
Needless to say, it didn't go well, and the fair owner, played by Mike Reid, doing his best Mike Reid, gave Worzel the boot. I also spotted Olive, from On The Buses.
You don't get this kind of quality with that American rubbish.

224Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Aug 14 2022, 20:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

225Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Aug 15 2022, 08:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Same here. always like to see Bolton on the telly.

226Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Aug 15 2022, 09:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:
Same here. always like to see Bolton on the telly.

I quite enjoyed this which is set in Bolton if you've not seen it before...

Alma's Not Normal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p09r3q71/almas-not-normal

227Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Aug 15 2022, 09:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I quite enjoyed this which is set in Bolton if you've not seen it before...

Alma's Not Normal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p09r3q71/almas-not-normal
Yes watched that Sluffy, very funny and great to see Ye Olde Pastie Shoppe getting some free advertising  Very Happy

228Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Aug 18 2022, 16:29

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Red Rose is superb.....set on the moors around Bolton....scary and sinister as hell, excellently acted and with plenty of modern social significance.

229Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 26 2022, 15:34

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:Red Rose is superb.....set on the moors around Bolton....scary and sinister as hell, excellently acted and with plenty of modern social significance.
I agree, I came on here to recommend Red Rose myself today.  Some really good young actors and very real.

Plenty of other  places  in and around Bolton to recognise too!

230Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Sep 01 2022, 11:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just finished watching the Undeclared War. It was about Russia unleashing cyber attacks on the UK and all felt a bit too real. Worth a watch, it should be on all4 now i'm guessing?

231Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Sep 30 2022, 12:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just finished the second series of The Capture on BBC (now iPlayer) an excellent thriller about the use of realtime video/CCTV/TV broadcast editing where the perpetrators undermine the reliability of anything caught on film including video evidence - and can make it appear that people say things they didn't. Well worth a watch especially as series 2 focusses on the manipulation of politicians. Worth bingeing Series 1 first as it sets the tone.

Also well worth watching is Cryptopia on Netflix - a documentary that explores "how money works globally", the rise of cryptocurrency, blockchain and the future of the internet.
I became interested in blockchain when I met a Russian guy whilst on holiday and whilst it's a technically complex development this documentary explains everything beautifully and in simple terms - and I think the subject matter is something everyone should know about.

232Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Oct 09 2022, 15:17

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Just finished the second series of The Capture on BBC (now iPlayer) an excellent thriller about the use of realtime video/CCTV/TV broadcast editing where the perpetrators undermine the reliability of anything caught on film including video evidence - and can make it appear that people say things they didn't. Well worth a watch especially as series 2 focusses on the manipulation of politicians. Worth bingeing Series 1 first as it sets the tone.

Also well worth watching is Cryptopia on Netflix - a documentary that explores "how money works globally", the rise of cryptocurrency, blockchain and the future of the internet.
I became interested in blockchain when I met a Russian guy whilst on holiday and whilst it's a technically complex development this documentary explains everything beautifully and in simple terms - and I think the subject matter is something everyone should know about.
Totally agree with you about The Capture, Series 1 was mind blowing ( watched it three times) and Series 2 even better.

I must admit to having a big crush on Holliday Grainger too.

233Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Oct 10 2022, 01:27

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:
Totally agree with you about The Capture, Series 1 was mind blowing ( watched it three times) and Series 2 even better.

I must admit to having a big crush on Holliday Grainger too.

Yes I have to totally agree with you Cajun. I haven't seen any of The Capture but I've been in love with Holly for many years now.

234Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Oct 10 2022, 09:41

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I watched an edition of Location, Location, Location t'other day. Lady Bobsworth had put it on 'record' because there was this couple from Bolton on.

They were both late middle-aged. She was no looker put vain enough to have 200 pairs of shoes. He was just an uncouth lump.

Anyway the thing is, they both appeared togged out in Man U. shirts. Fancy being a Boltonian living quietly and peacefully in Bolton but having to put up with neighbours wearing Man U shirts. It shouldn't be allowed.

235Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Oct 10 2022, 11:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:They were both late middle-aged. She was no looker put vain enough to have 200 pairs of shoes. He was just an uncouth lump.

Are you saying only good looking people can own lots of shoes? I have 400 by the way.

236Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Oct 10 2022, 13:13

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Are you saying only good looking people can own lots of shoes? I have 400 by the way.
I’m saying decent Boltonians shouldn’t have to live next door to Rag supporters wearing Rag shirts. It’s inflammatory and indecent.
I’m not really bothered how many pairs of shoes you’ve got and you can be as narcissistic as Dale Vince for all I care.

237Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Oct 10 2022, 13:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm watching a documentary about Willa Cather, with a couple of vegan sausage rolls to keep my mouth busy. What a life.
Might pause the doc to take in Dickinson's Real Deal.

238Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Oct 10 2022, 14:56

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I'm watching a documentary about Willa Cather, with a couple of vegan sausage rolls to keep my mouth busy. What a life.
Might pause the doc to take in Dickinson's Real Deal.
You can keep your vegan sausage rolls and your David Dickinson, Boncey. Tomato soup and pork pie for lunch for me today. Somehow I thought it was my duty to have some pork pie.

239Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Oct 10 2022, 15:54

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I watched an edition of Location, Location, Location t'other day. Lady Bobsworth had put it on 'record' because there was this couple from Bolton on.

They were both late middle-aged. She was no looker put vain enough to have 200 pairs of shoes. He was just an uncouth lump.

Anyway the thing is, they both appeared togged out in Man U. shirts. Fancy being a Boltonian living quietly and peacefully in Bolton but having to put up with neighbours wearing Man U shirts. It shouldn't be allowed.
I saw that too, what a couple of miserable gits.

I recognised the road too, it was Smithills Croft Road which exits onto Smithills Dean Road opposite the school.

240Film and TV review. - Page 12 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Oct 10 2022, 15:59

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
You can keep your vegan sausage rolls and your David Dickinson, Boncey. Tomato soup and pork pie for lunch for me today. Somehow I thought it was my duty to have some pork pie.
I had a Dickinson's Melton Mowbray pork pie for lunch today with a cold tomato.

I just hope David didn't have one of his fingers in it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum