Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+12
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
luckyPeterpiper
Hip Priest
xmiles
okocha
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 17]

201Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Dec 31 2021, 00:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ever wondered why many people act as they do on social media?

This is worth a watch if you do...!

David Baddiel: Social Media, Anger and Us

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0012kf0/david-baddiel-social-media-anger-and-us

202Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 05 2022, 13:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just watched Dopesick on Disney plus and it was excellent. Its all about the drug Oxycontin and how it caused massive addiction all over America and the very dodgy drug company that made and marketed the drug.

Thank God the drug is heavily regulated over here, it was being issued to everyone in America for even dental pain or headaches!

203Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 05 2022, 14:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched "The Girl from Oslo" on Netflix. Fundamentally a good story (diplomats daughter goes to Israel to find her biological father - a government minister - gets kidnapped by ISIS etc) but ruined by dodgy dubbing and a hysterical diplomat mother (feel her pain) who in her desperation does and says a string of daft things that jeopardise everything and everyone giving the impression she has no clue about diplomacy or negotiation. On balance - disappointingly average.

204Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jan 14 2022, 01:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quite enjoyed "The Tourist" on BBC i-player. A six part drama set in Australia that had echoes of other work but was nonetheless well written and well acted by a diverse cast who have variously appeared in Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in the West,  Line of Duty, the lead guy in Fifty Shades of Grey, Prisoner Cell Block H, Fantastic Beasts, The Piano and Home and Away!

Suspenseful thriller, good story line with a couple of twists at the end.
Not to be confused with the Johnny Depp film of the same name.

205Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jan 14 2022, 01:53

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I absolutely loved the Tourist for the 1st 4 and a half episodes then both myself and Mrs. Priest got totally lost with the plot and couldn't figure out quite what was going on.
It has to be said we'd had a few sherberts on the evening in question. I'll watch the last 2 episodes again.

206Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jan 15 2022, 14:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:I absolutely loved the Tourist for the 1st 4 and a half episodes then both myself and Mrs. Priest got totally lost with the plot and couldn't figure out quite what was going on.
It has to be said we'd had a few sherberts on the evening in question. I'll watch the last 2 episodes again.
That'll be when he accidentally took the acid trip in the Greek gangsters water bottle and his memories started to flood back?  He finally realised who he was and what he'd done.
Agree that episode was a tricky watch but it set things up perfectly for the final episode.

207Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Feb 18 2022, 17:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched "The Stranger" on Netflix - another Harlan Coben thriller in 8 episodes - and it was excellent.

That it was filmed around Bolton, Bury, Manchester and Stockport adds the "spot the location" element to a twisty plot of middle class blackmail, murder and intrigue.

The school central to the story is Bolton School but the lead characters houses are in Didsbury amongst multiple locations.

Well worth watching - certainly got me and the missus hooked - as do many of the Harlan Coben series currently available.

208Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Feb 18 2022, 18:08

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Over the past couple of months I rewatched the Sopranos from start to finish and loved it, even more this time around. If anyone here hasn't watched it please do - it's incredible!

I also just finished the latest season of Ozark (more go come apparently) which I also think is fantastic.

Any suggestions welcome as I patiently await the new Top Boy season on March 18th.

209Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 07 2022, 23:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched Blazing Saddles again yesterday. Not seen it in a while.

I'd forgotten how funny it was.

210Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Mar 29 2022, 01:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you like a good old sword and sandals epic....

Film and TV review. - Page 11 277586182_5194613697256367_6026027295565166175_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=tpJUjSd2IDYAX8CtKcS&_nc_ht=scontent-man2-1

211Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Apr 12 2022, 08:09

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mastermind final was good last night. It looked like it was going to be a close run thing until Golden Oldie, Alice Walker, came storming through at the end leaving the field lengths behind.

It was also the second instalment of the House of Maxwell. Well worth watching.

:toppoints:

212Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Apr 12 2022, 09:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Mastermind final was good last night. It looked like it was going to be a close run thing until Golden Oldie, Alice Walker, came storming through at the end leaving the field lengths behind.

It was also the second instalment of the House of Maxwell. Well worth watching.

:toppoints:
Maxwell was good - who knew he was in the KGB and chose that surname from a jar of instant coffee? Some definite "where were you when" moments.

All 3 episodes are on iPlayer BTW but I'm saving the Ghislaine bit for later.

Slight withdrawal symptoms today as a riveting UC series came to an end last week concluding with a desperately close fought finish, so I'm going to have to make do with my recording of the Celebrity Mastermind final tonight. Wonder who will win it? Smile

Enjoyed Taboo which has resurfaced on Netflix BTW. Tom Hardie was good in the lead but Jonathan Pryce makes a deliciously evil bad guy.

213Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon May 16 2022, 18:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone remember a 90's sitcom called DAD, starring George Cole and Kevin McNally?

I remembered it vaguely, but can't seem to get it on DVD. Most episodes are on youtube though, and, although not fall down funny, it goes down well with a cup of tea and a Tunnock's Tea Cake.

214Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jun 01 2022, 09:39

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Tearing myself away from 'Big Girls Blousegate' on Nuts, I watched the first three episodes of 'Once Upon a Time in Londongrad' last night. Absolutely riveting stuff!

No. Not Big Girls Blousegate, Silly. Rolling Eyes

https://www.sky.com/watch/title/series/eb843f83-a479-418d-9675-34280cfc5650/once-upon-a-time-in-londongrad-eb843f83-a479-418d-9675-34280cfc5650/episodes/season-1/episode-1

Still no sign of BWFC accounts btw. It seems the ST hasn't noticed or are they banned from asking the question?

215Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jun 01 2022, 14:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Tearing myself away from 'Big Girls Blousegate' on Nuts, I watched the first three episodes of 'Once Upon a Time in Londongrad' last night. Absolutely riveting stuff!

No. Not Big Girls Blousegate, Silly. Rolling Eyes

https://www.sky.com/watch/title/series/eb843f83-a479-418d-9675-34280cfc5650/once-upon-a-time-in-londongrad-eb843f83-a479-418d-9675-34280cfc5650/episodes/season-1/episode-1

Still no sign of BWFC accounts btw. It seems the ST hasn't noticed or are they banned from asking the question?
As riveting as Big Girls Blousegate is, I'm looking forward to seeing the Londongrad drama, not least because I recently read "Putin's People" which tells the whole story of his rise and the fallout - including exploiting the low standards the UK has in checking out Russian money laundering, companies and owners. I was gobsmacked that so many Russian companies launched in London until I read that we're the only major country that puts the risk and onus for checking on potential investors and that as a country  we do zero checks of any substance.
Has anyone seen the other recent Putin one about his obsession with the Russkyy Mir and Ukraine in particular? Looking forward to that too.

216Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jun 01 2022, 16:14

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Isn't it interesting that the Beeno, and none of the UK media, never noticed that Ken Anderson didn't get the £525K that they all claimed proved he was ripping off BWFC.

Still less did they notice that ownership of Inner Circle Sports and Media (the company that was supposed to get the money but never did) was transferred to Vasily Anisimov, a Russian oligarch and close associate of Vladimir Putin.

But why?

217Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jun 01 2022, 16:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
As riveting as Big Girls Blousegate is, I'm looking forward to seeing the Londongrad drama, not least because I recently read "Putin's People" which tells the whole story of his rise and the fallout - including exploiting the low standards the UK has in checking out Russian money laundering, companies and owners. I was gobsmacked that so many Russian companies launched in London until I read that we're the only major country that puts the risk and onus for checking on potential investors and that as a country  we do zero checks of any substance.
Has anyone seen the other recent Putin one about his obsession with the Russkyy Mir and Ukraine in particular? Looking forward to that too.
Too rich for my blood. I've just watched Stan and Ollie in BLOTTO. Half an hour well spent.

218Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jun 01 2022, 16:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New series of Stranger things (Netflix) has been good, looking forward to the final episodes on July 1st.

219Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 11 2022, 08:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RIP Tony Sirico AKA Paulie Walnuts from the greatest show on telly ever.

Might have to watch the Sopranos all over again.

220Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 11 2022, 08:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:RIP Tony Sirico AKA Paulie Walnuts from the greatest show on telly ever.

Might have to watch the Sopranos all over again.
Never got The Sopranos. People getting whacked gets boring after a while. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum