Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Film and TV review.

Film and TV review.

+12
xmiles
okocha
Ten Bobsworth
sunlight
Cajunboy
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
T.R.O.Y.
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

201Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Dec 31 2021, 00:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ever wondered why many people act as they do on social media?

This is worth a watch if you do...!

David Baddiel: Social Media, Anger and Us

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0012kf0/david-baddiel-social-media-anger-and-us

202Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 05 2022, 13:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just watched Dopesick on Disney plus and it was excellent. Its all about the drug Oxycontin and how it caused massive addiction all over America and the very dodgy drug company that made and marketed the drug.

Thank God the drug is heavily regulated over here, it was being issued to everyone in America for even dental pain or headaches!

203Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 05 2022, 14:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched "The Girl from Oslo" on Netflix. Fundamentally a good story (diplomats daughter goes to Israel to find her biological father - a government minister - gets kidnapped by ISIS etc) but ruined by dodgy dubbing and a hysterical diplomat mother (feel her pain) who in her desperation does and says a string of daft things that jeopardise everything and everyone giving the impression she has no clue about diplomacy or negotiation. On balance - disappointingly average.

204Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jan 14 2022, 01:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quite enjoyed "The Tourist" on BBC i-player. A six part drama set in Australia that had echoes of other work but was nonetheless well written and well acted by a diverse cast who have variously appeared in Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in the West,  Line of Duty, the lead guy in Fifty Shades of Grey, Prisoner Cell Block H, Fantastic Beasts, The Piano and Home and Away!

Suspenseful thriller, good story line with a couple of twists at the end.
Not to be confused with the Johnny Depp film of the same name.

205Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jan 14 2022, 01:53

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I absolutely loved the Tourist for the 1st 4 and a half episodes then both myself and Mrs. Priest got totally lost with the plot and couldn't figure out quite what was going on.
It has to be said we'd had a few sherberts on the evening in question. I'll watch the last 2 episodes again.

206Film and TV review. - Page 11 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Jan 15 2022, 14:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

@Hip Priest wrote:I absolutely loved the Tourist for the 1st 4 and a half episodes then both myself and Mrs. Priest got totally lost with the plot and couldn't figure out quite what was going on.
It has to be said we'd had a few sherberts on the evening in question. I'll watch the last 2 episodes again.
That'll be when he accidentally took the acid trip in the Greek gangsters water bottle and his memories started to flood back?  He finally realised who he was and what he'd done.
Agree that episode was a tricky watch but it set things up perfectly for the final episode.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum