Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Modern Comedy

+8
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
okocha
wanderlust
gloswhite
Sluffy
boltonbonce
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Modern Comedy - Page 2 Empty Re: Modern Comedy Sat Jul 08 2023, 18:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:He never was.
Glad I'm not alone. I have friends who consider him a genius. I just don't get it.

Mind you, I had an aunt who didn't like Laurel and Hardy. Each to their own I suppose.

22Modern Comedy - Page 2 Empty Re: Modern Comedy Sun Jul 09 2023, 12:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I've never liked him. Hadn't seen anything of him until I came back from an overseas tour, and couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. Since then I've seen nothing but an idiot who will say anything to sound amusing. He's a complete pillock who has joined the ranks of those who have gained some fame, and feel that everythng they say is important. I don't like him.

23Modern Comedy - Page 2 Empty Re: Modern Comedy Sun Jul 09 2023, 12:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His sitcoms are better than his stand up i would say, the likes of Afterlife and Derek were great shows and the Office was just brilliant.

24Modern Comedy - Page 2 Empty Re: Modern Comedy Sun Jul 09 2023, 13:46

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I love pretty much everything he's done with the lesser-known Derek being my favorite show. Yes, he's a little annoying and cringy at times (the OTT laugh, the bath pics) but anyone who can make me laugh and think as much as he has is easily forgiven. I'm very much in line with his position as an agnostic atheist too so I have a lot of time for him. In fact, I found and watched this chat with Richard Dawkins for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed it.

25Modern Comedy - Page 2 Empty Re: Modern Comedy Sun Jul 09 2023, 18:51

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I do agree on Ricky Gervais, not funny as a comedian but the office was amusing and the first series of Derek was as good as any recent comedy but that’s it. Like others I don’t watch any of the so called sit coms now. It’s just so sad that whilst modern programme makers can take every opportunity to stuff every programme with mixed race couples, lesbians, homosexuals and lately trans characters, they’re not allowed to actually say anything funny because it’s going to upset someone. Maybe I’m just a sad old git but oh how I’d love a new series of the comedians, Only Fools and Fawlty Towers old style. I hear John Cleese is to remake Fawlty but I ask what’s the point because anything remotely funny would be edited out for upsetting some snowflake somewhere.

26Modern Comedy - Page 2 Empty Re: Modern Comedy Sun Jul 09 2023, 22:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ricky gervais was funny to laugh at but in a cringe worthy way in the Office but that was it. Derek wasn’t particularly funny and cannot comment on Afterlife.

His stand ups in the past have been turned off after around 10 mins as I haven’t found those funny either.

It isn’t my humour tbh.

27Modern Comedy - Page 2 Empty Re: Modern Comedy Mon Jul 10 2023, 01:09

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Haven't seen much of his stand ups so can't really comment on that. Not seen any of Derek but The Office and Afterlife are among my favourite ever series. Like Norpig I also enjoy his Atheistic diatribes with Dawkins and the like. I can totally see why some people find him annoying but for me personally I'm a big fan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum