Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Euros 2020 - in 2021

+16
terenceanne
Hip Priest
Cajunboy
wessy
Growler
Ten Bobsworth
boltonbonce
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
gloswhite
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
okocha
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 14]

91Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Sun Jun 20 2021, 06:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I couldn't help noticing, on the Robin's Nest site last Saturday, that one of the posters abused another by calling him a 'prick' with some other offensive adjective to add colour but leading to an outbreak of  internet handbags. All offending posts were removed, the next day I think, by the mods.
Robin's Nest?

Explain yourself, or feel the weight of my glove upon your cheek.

92Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Sun Jun 20 2021, 09:36

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Robin's Nest?

Explain yourself, or feel the weight of my glove upon your cheek.
Robins Nest is the forum of Cheltenham Town FC, Boncey. They have a poster called Royal Cheltenham Spa (RCS) who may share some of your views but, quite unlike you, seems devoid of any SOH. He thinks that because some folk in big business 'tweak' their accounts everyone in business is up to no good so why pick on Dale Vince?

Another poster CTFC-fan thinks RCS is a 'prick' and is one of several who wanted to know more about 'stale mince', Egotricity and FGR's financial dealings.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sun Jun 20 2021, 11:06; edited 1 time in total

93Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Sun Jun 20 2021, 09:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Robins Nest is the forum of Cheltenham Town FC, Boncey. They have a poster called Royal Cheltenham Spa (RCS) who may share some of your views but, quite unlike you, seems devoid of any SOH. He thinks that because some folk in big business 'tweak' their accounts everyone in business is up to no good so why pick on Dale Vince?

Another poster CTFC-fan thinks RCS is a 'prick' and is one of several who wanted to no more about 'stale mince', Egotricity and FGR's financial dealings.
Ah, I'd assumed you'd become enamoured of the 70's sitcom of the same name, starring Richard O'Sullivan, who played a cafe owner. He also employed a one armed dish washer, the gloriously Irish, David Kelly.
Never took to it myself, but it was popular at the time.
With regard to this Cheltenham Spa chap, he's probably typical of a lot of lefties I know. Big on slogans, thin on ideas.
And don't get me started on my fellow vegans.

94Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Sun Jun 20 2021, 10:01

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Ah, I'd assumed you'd become enamoured of the 70's sitcom of the same name, starring Richard O'Sullivan, who played a cafe owner. He also employed a one armed dish washer, the gloriously Irish, David Kelly.
Never took to it myself, but it was popular at the time.
With regard to this Cheltenham Spa chap, he's probably typical of a lot of lefties I know. Big on slogans, thin on ideas.
And don't get me started on my fellow vegans.
I never took to it either, Boncey. It might have been better than I'd imagined it was.

I had never taken to Ever Decreasing Circles but now when I watch it, as I occasionally do with Lady B, it was really very good.

95Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Sun Jun 20 2021, 10:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I never took to it either, Boncey. It might have been better than I'd imagined it was.

I had never taken to Ever Decreasing Circles but now when I watch it, as I occasionally do with Lady B, it was really very good.
It was superb. Howard and Hilda are a joy.

96Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Sun Jun 20 2021, 11:54

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

If you can point me in the direction of any of the above that have led to a direct prosecution then I'd be more than happy to warn Bonce, Karly or anyone else to stop their use of it - which, if you care to remember was all that I was actually asking from Wanderlust.

Not my purpose so I won’t bother but it’s highly unlikely that Lusty describing the Welsh as “sheep mitherers” or “ovine-phile” could lead to prosecution without further context because neither indicate the intention to actually penetrate sheep.

You’ve made your decision and also stated other reasons for banning Wanderlust so I’ll drop it. I just think it could have been resolved differently.

97Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Sun Jun 20 2021, 15:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

If you can point me in the direction of any of the above that have led to a direct prosecution then I'd be more than happy to warn Bonce, Karly or anyone else to stop their use of it - which, if you care to remember was all that I was actually asking from Wanderlust.

Not my purpose so I won’t bother but it’s highly unlikely that Lusty describing the Welsh as “sheep mitherers” or “ovine-phile” could lead to prosecution without further context because neither indicate the intention to actually penetrate sheep.

You’ve made your decision and also stated other reasons for banning Wanderlust so I’ll drop it. I just think it could have been resolved differently.

Do you think the bloke who used the phrase 'sheep shaggers' was prosecuted for the "intention to actually penetrate sheep"?

Of course he wasn't it how he used it as an insult that is now no longer deemed acceptable.

Yes maybe Wanderlust didn't use the exact words, nor used them in a derogatory meaning but if he had used the 'N' word in a semantic jocular way, would that have been acceptable?

Well would it?

I asked SIX times over TWO WEEKS for him to pack it in.

He was never going to do so was he???

I stated my exact reason for his ban at the time.

Enough was enough.

He brought the ban upon himself.

Maybe one or two of his mates who are seemingly attempting to make me out as the bad guy here, should have had a quiet word with him, asked him to be reasonable, to stop wumming me (if you really though that was all it was), to pack it in, to let it drop - but non of you did, did you?

It certainly wasn't me that acted unreasonably here, so don't make out that I've turned him into some sort of a martyr.

He fully deserved what he got and I have no regrets having done so.

As I said at the time...

Sluffy wrote:And before everyone else kicks off ask yourself the question do you think this shit will ever stop otherwise?

Someone has to put an end to this and I finally have.

98Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Sun Jun 20 2021, 16:38

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The Woke Army are creating a very miserable world for themselves with all this nonsense.

99Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Sun Jun 20 2021, 16:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:The Woke Army are creating a very miserable world for themselves with all this nonsense.
Lusty's ok. He's gone to the pictures.

Sheepless In Seattle. So, all's wool that ends wool.

100Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Sun Jun 20 2021, 17:47

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Lusty's ok. He's gone to the pictures.

Sheepless In Seattle. So, all's wool that ends wool.
Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Lol

101Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Sun Jun 20 2021, 18:53

Pretty sure I could find Karly calling Angela Merkel a Nazi numerous times if I wanted to. Let’s not pretend this is about fair treatment please.

Just finished watching the Wales game anyway, Ampadu has let them down really - Italy really took their foot off the gas in this game so it was a big opportunity for Wales - even with 10 men they should have got a point from Bale.

Glad Wales got through anyway it’s always to see a British team doing well, even if the feeling isn’t always mutual.

102Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Sun Jun 20 2021, 19:30

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Do you think the bloke who used the phrase 'sheep shaggers' was prosecuted for the "intention to actually penetrate sheep"?

Of course he wasn't it how he used it as an insult that is now no longer deemed acceptable.

Yes maybe Wanderlust didn't use the exact words, nor used them in a derogatory meaning but if he had used the 'N' word in a semantic jocular way, would that have been acceptable?

Well would it?

I asked SIX times over TWO WEEKS for him to pack it in.

He was never going to do so was he???

I stated my exact reason for his ban at the time.

Enough was enough.

He brought the ban upon himself.

Maybe one or two of his mates who are seemingly attempting to make me out as the bad guy here, should have had a quiet word with him, asked him to be reasonable, to stop wumming me (if you really though that was all it was), to pack it in, to let it drop - but non of you did, did you?

It certainly wasn't me that acted unreasonably here, so don't make out that I've turned him into some sort of a martyr.

He fully deserved what he got and I have no regrets having done so.

As I said at the time...

There was zero malice in my post, Sluffy. Don’t presume everyone is out to get you just because they may offer an opinion that differs from yours. Like I said, the subject is closed for me.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

103Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Sun Jun 20 2021, 19:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:There was zero malice in my post, Sluffy. Don’t presume everyone is out to get you just because they may offer an opinion that differs from yours. Like I said, the subject is closed for me.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Fair enough.

and

You too.

104Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Mon Jun 21 2021, 08:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I've said on many occasions you were as bad as each other so feel free to check back on that. As i said before the whole sheep shagger thing is just the excuse you needed to ban him as you've been looking to do it for a long time. If you knew he was winding you up why did you feel the need to always answer him?

105Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Mon Jun 21 2021, 08:21

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
It was superb. Howard and Hilda are a joy.
I couldn't agree more but I kind of knew you would like it, Boncey. Maybe we've touched on this subject before.

106Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Mon Jun 21 2021, 08:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I couldn't agree more but I kind of knew you would like it, Boncey. Maybe we've touched on this subject before.
Indeed. Perhaps we've met in another life. Very Happy

107Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Mon Jun 21 2021, 10:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I've said on many occasions you were as bad as each other so feel free to check back on that. As i said before the whole sheep shagger thing is just the excuse you needed to ban him as you've been looking to do it for a long time. If you knew he was winding you up why did you feel the need to always answer him?

You seem to have a very selective memory.

I challenge YOU to go back over the history of the site and provided a single time where YOU asked/told Wanderlust to 'pack it in' BEFORE I replied to his (in your opinion) wumming and by God there must have be countless opportunities to find one!

Every time you stuck your beak in was to sound off at ME - never your mate!

More recently you have added on his name too but almost as an afterthought and never as the instigator - which wummers by definition always are!

You ask why didn't I sit back and take his wumming - why should I???

Why should I put up with the abuse and lies he posts when frankly all I've ever done was to call out the contents of some of his posts to be fake and misleading to others?

He could shoot me down quick enough by backing up his claims with facts and links to references and sources - but he never did.  I wonder why...

...was it because there was non to back up what he was saying???

I've explained many times in the past why I behave as I do, here's a recent full reply to you directly -

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t22630-happy-birthday-gloswhite#426806

This being the key sentence -

Sluffy wrote:Clearly both have issues that transcends a random internet footy forum whose only purpose is to talk about the club we all follow.

The solution to all this is easy.

They can ignore my posts, they can disagree but draw a line under it and move on, or they can go and post on another forum.

The question is, why don't they?

Once you can finally grasp that there must be something more to why he wouldn't, then maybe you could start to understand why I posted many times that 'games were being played on here' and that one or two posters put THEIR amusement/obsessions/agendas/call it what you will first and foremost and everybody else's enjoyment of the forum a long way second.

To be honest I know I am wasting my breath with you.

You've already made up your mind a long time back about me, that I'M the issue here and your mate Wanderlust is entirely blameless.

Well he isn't.

And I don't see why I should have to waste my life dealing with someone who doesn't wish to behaviour reasonably.

I gave him SIX warnings on the one subject, over TWO WEEKS and he followed me across THREE THREADS to do so AND he still was determined to carry on relentlessly and without any due regard to me or to anyone else's enjoyment of the forum!!!

Believe me if I was looking for an excuse to ban him I could have done that many, many times before now.

108Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Mon Jun 21 2021, 11:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For one i don't know Lusty or you in real life so he isn't my mate. Secondly i wonder if i'm wasting my time on here as well if you think i'm sticking my beak in.

And before i go and take my selective memory elsewhere, one last thing

Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Duty_calls

109Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Mon Jun 21 2021, 11:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's all take a step back.

110Euros 2020 - in 2021 - Page 6 Empty Re: Euros 2020 - in 2021 Mon Jun 21 2021, 11:50

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Let's all take a step back.
A daily dose of Ever Decreasing Circles for a week ought to do the trick, Boncey.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum