Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll

+10
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
terenceanne
Growler
okocha
wanderlust
Whitesince63
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you want England to Win, Lose or Draw tonight?

The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap80%The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 80% [ 4 ]
The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Wed Jun 15 2022, 08:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fuck me, just watched the first 45 minutes against Hungary, it was like watching Bolton on a very bad day.

Southgate has to go.
Same here, gave up at HT. England passing it around at the back  and having no idea on how to break down an average team. As Growler said  it shows we don't have the strength in depth we thought we had.

22The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Wed Jun 15 2022, 08:56

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:Kane is massively over-rated now. He's great at taking penalties, but in open play he is no longer moving into positions to receive the ball, provide a target, pose a threat. Seems to me he is hardly moving. Compare his work-rate with strikers in our top teams. Without Son beside him, he provides very little.
Actually Oko, I thought Kane was the only one who showed anything last night and if his header had gone in instead of hitting the bar it could have been a different game. That said, it was awful stuff but pretty typical of what we’re getting under Southgate. Sadly he won’t be going before the World Cup and I genuinely hope he proves me wrong and does well but if we fail as I suspect we will, then he needs to go immediately afterwards.

Question then is, who should replace him? Please not another foreigner.

23The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Wed Jun 15 2022, 11:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Kane is massively over-rated now.

That is one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read on here, and I've been reading Bonce's nonsense for 10 years.

Kane is a world class striker. But like any striker he thrives on other players supporting and creating for him. At Spurs he plays in a front three, but Southgate is so cautious he plays with one up top, hence why Kane has to keep dropping back.

It's another reason why Southgate has to go, when you're manager of the national team you have to pick a system to support your best players.

24The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Wed Jun 15 2022, 11:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Question then is, who should replace him? Please not another foreigner.

So you'd turn down Klopp?

I accept Klopp is unrealistic, but it looks like Pochettino will be available. Offer him whatever he wants to take us to the World Cup.

Failing that, Mickey Adams is available.

25The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Wed Jun 15 2022, 12:05

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Kane is a world class striker..
He was, but not any more. 

Just watch his (lack of) movement off the ball. Time and modern football have caught up with him.

Note the cooling of interest from other clubs.

26The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Wed Jun 15 2022, 12:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

That is one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read on here, and I've been reading Bonce's nonsense for 10 years.

Kane is a world class striker. But like any striker he thrives on other players supporting and creating for him. At Spurs he plays in a front three, but Southgate is so cautious he plays with one up top, hence why Kane has to keep dropping back.

It's another reason why Southgate has to go, when you're manager of the national team you have to pick a system to support your best players.
That's it, bring my name into it.  Evil or Very Mad

27The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Wed Jun 15 2022, 13:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:He was, but not any more. 

Just watch his (lack of) movement off the ball. Time and modern football have caught up with him.

Note the cooling of interest from other clubs.

Cooling of interest? How would you know? Do clubs run their transfer targets through you?

Lack of movement? I've not noticed that, but I don't have a Spurs season ticket like you clearly do.

He's just scored 17 goals with 9 assists in an average side. Rubbish!

28The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Wed Jun 15 2022, 13:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was an experimental side last night and from what i saw the likes of Bowen, Guehi and Gallagher aren't international class yet. These are the only games he's had a chance to look at other players so it was worth the risk in this tinpot tournament.

Lets see what happens when he puts his full team out nearer the World Cup before we all press the panic button.

29The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Wed Jun 15 2022, 14:28

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lack of movement? I've not noticed that, but I don't have a Spurs season ticket like you clearly do.

He's just scored 17 goals with 9 assists in an average side. Rubbish!
Poor you.....evidently can't afford a TV.... to witness how he fails to find space, doesn't hold the ball up, doesn't link up play the way he used to, rarely wins headers, certainly never dribbles past an opponent.
 Without Son in his "average" club side (that qualified for the Champions League!), he contributes little.... just as is the case for England these days. 

The biggest laugh was the period when he was deemed superfluous to reqirements in the box for England and instead ws gven the job of taking all the set pieces with absolutely no positive results whatsoever.

133 shots for Spurs last season, scoring 17 goals, 4 of which were pens, so 10% success rate from open play..... and how many of those were tap-ins?

30The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Thu Jun 16 2022, 11:35

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have said it from the beginning - We will win nowt while Southgate is in charge. I was almost proved wrong with the penalty shootout in the euro's but I'm still sticking to my opinion. Southgate is a plodding defensive guy and was the same as a manager for years before the England job. 
The unfortunate part is that we have the strongest contingent of players to pick from in years.

31The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Thu Jun 16 2022, 14:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
The unfortunate part is that we have the strongest contingent of players to pick from in years.
You think?

I'm not so sure and suspect they are overrated, overpaid and overhyped. The team that did so well in the Euros is starting to age and several look out of form whilst the younger ones simply don't seem that good. Whatever it is and whichever line up it's been, they've hardly strung any quality moves together over the 4 matches they've played so far - and the defence has seriously struggled.

32The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Sat Jun 18 2022, 00:04

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Evatt would do a good job.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

33The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Mon Jun 20 2022, 08:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Evatt would do a good job.
Not so sure of that, i don't think he could handle the ego's

34The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Mon Jun 20 2022, 10:23

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

So you'd turn down Klopp?

I accept Klopp is unrealistic, but it looks like Pochettino will be available. Offer him whatever he wants to take us to the World Cup.

Failing that, Mickey Adams is available.
Is Klopp English, so yes of course I’d turn him down? I might well be old fashioned Nat but I just believe that as one of the Worlds leading football nations, we should have an English, or at least British, manager. We’ve tried the foreign route and it’s constantly failed. When Southgate first came in he surprised me on the positive side by bringing in young, exciting players and taking them to levels we’ve not seen in years but lately, he seems to have reverted to type with boring, lack lustre set ups. We do I believe have players to be successful but I think we need Gareth to regain his earlier ambitions to win instead of trying not to lose. If he can’t do that then he needs to go and be replaced by someone who can and is also English.

35The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Mon Jun 20 2022, 10:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Is Klopp English, so yes of course I’d turn him down? I might well be old fashioned Nat but I just believe that as one of the Worlds leading football nations, we should have an English, or at least British, manager. We’ve tried the foreign route and it’s constantly failed. When Southgate first came in he surprised me on the positive side by bringing in young, exciting players and taking them to levels we’ve not seen in years but lately, he seems to have reverted to type with boring, lack lustre set ups. We do I believe have players to be successful but I think we need Gareth to regain his earlier ambitions to win instead of trying not to lose. If he can’t do that then he needs to go and be replaced by someone who can and is also English.
What's so great about English managers? The last one to win the title was Howard Wilkinson!

36The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Thu Mar 23 2023, 18:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Italy v England.

Southgate starts with Kalvin Phillips who hasn't started a Premier League game all season, and Harry Maguire who can't get a kick at United.

What could go wrong?

37The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Thu Mar 23 2023, 18:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Italy v England.

Southgate starts with Kalvin Phillips who hasn't started a Premier League game all season, and Harry Maguire who can't get a kick at United.

What could go wrong?
Who cares. Bolton will be playing at Wembley in about a weeks time.

I will be enjoying my soapy bath and not watching this shite!

38The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Thu Mar 23 2023, 21:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Who cares. Bolton will be playing at Wembley in about a weeks time.

I will be enjoying my soapy bath and not watching this shite!

You soapy-arsed tit, this is Euro Champs qualification, not some Mickey Mouse tournament where most teams played as many reserves as they could get away with.

Maguire already given away a goal, just waiting for Phillips to gift Italy the inevitable equaliser.

39The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Thu Mar 23 2023, 23:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was an enjoyable game and good to see Kane get his goal to put him in the record books

40The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll - Page 2 Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Fri Mar 24 2023, 10:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't watch it, Dragons Den was on the other side.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum