Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you vote for the Green Party?

+8
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
BoltonTillIDie
Davesnuts
boltonbonce
Sluffy
wanderlust
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Would you vote for the Green Party? Empty Would you vote for the Green Party? Fri Oct 01 2021, 14:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems they voted in a new leadership today and are aiming seriously to win votes to gain power in the next elections, I guess there are plenty not happy with the Tory government and the no show so far of Starmer and the Labour party, so would you consider voting for them in the future?

Would you vote for the Green Party? _120782151_ea1e45e1-e270-4b1e-9dbe-78652230be5d

By BBC Political Correspondent Ione Wells

Carla Denyer and Adrian Ramsay put an emphasis in their campaign, and victory speeches, on becoming a serious electoral force.

Ms Denyer has often been touted within party circles as the "obvious next MP" and came second in the race for the Bristol West seat in 2019.

Mr Ramsay was part of the campaign team that got their only MP, Caroline Lucas, elected and has been credited with co-writing the election strategy that saw them deliver more Green councillors on more councils than ever at the English local elections in 2021.

They beat a number of other candidates including deputy leader Amelia Womack and Tamsin Omand, a founding member of Extinction Rebellion.

The new leadership were keen to stress that groups like Insulate Britain and Extinction Rebellion were different from the Green Party, and they don't always support their tactics, but credited the organisations for putting climate at the "top of the agenda".

For this pair though, winning influence through positions of power is a key aim.

They hope to use current issues like rising energy bills and empty petrol pumps to demonstrate their view that the UK is too reliant on fossil fuels.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58761003

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are a decent party and in Germany hold the balance of power and have gained huge concessions from the new centre left government. But in most areas of this country they simply don't have the critical mass of people bothered enough to back them for a parliamentary seat - although they are reasonably well represented at a local level in some Councils.
So would a vote for them be a wasted vote? Depends on where you live.
For Labour to win the next election it would require a swing greater than Tony Blair's landslide and that simply is a step too far at the moment - and sadly the only hope for them is that the full impact of the current government's actions are felt before the election AND that Starmer stops pussyfooting around the issues.
Likelihood is that the Tories will call an early election to avoid that scenario.
To me it looks like we'll be stuck with the Tories for a while yet but now that the home truths about Brexit and their general incompetence are finally coming home to roost their cards are marked. That said, it seems that the only function of the current government is to stay in power so they'll use every resource available to ensure they are around for as long as possible - although obviously Boris himself will abandon the ship to pursue his media career and cash in on his success before it finally sinks.
Green Party? Worthy of a tactical vote in some areas but they are a million miles away from real power in this country.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:They are a decent party and in Germany hold the balance of power and have gained huge concessions from the new centre left government. But in most areas of this country they simply don't have the critical mass of people bothered enough to back them for a parliamentary seat - although they are reasonably well represented at a local level in some Councils.
So would a vote for them be a wasted vote? Depends on where you live.
For Labour to win the next election it would require a swing greater than Tony Blair's landslide and that simply is a step too far at the moment - and sadly the only hope for them is that the full impact of the current government's actions are felt before the election AND that Starmer stops pussyfooting around the issues.
Likelihood is that the Tories will call an early election to avoid that scenario.
To me it looks like we'll be stuck with the Tories for a while yet but now that the home truths about Brexit and their general incompetence are finally coming home to roost their cards are marked. That said, it seems that the only function of the current government is to stay in power so they'll use every resource available to ensure they are around for as long as possible - although obviously Boris himself will abandon the ship to pursue his media career and cash in on his success before it finally sinks.
Green Party? Worthy of a tactical vote in some areas but they are a million miles away from real power in this country.

That's simply not true.

Merkel's 'Conservative' Party and a centre left 'Labour' party has been in coalition power for years - the Green Party had no power at all.

There isn't a centre left government, as no one has formed a government yet!

Merkel remains in charge until someone does.

The election last week almost doubled the Green's vote to around 15% of the national vote and gives them hope to be part of the next German coalition government for the first time.

I mention this not just to prove you wrong yet again but to highlight that Merkel's government (and most of the rest of the nations in the west) have already moved towards the 'environmental' agenda because not only do we need to to save the planet but all political parties now see there are votes to be won by pursuing such polices.

The point I'm making is the the environmental agenda is no longer ignored and left to the looney tree huggers of the 'greens' but have been taken and integrated in to main stream politics - such as Germany - and have been so for recent years now.

The thing is that you don't have to vote 'Green' to support the environment anymore - but that the Green Party have helped influence the public to such a great extent that other parties have had to now stolen their clothes so to speak.

(You know as per the two rules of politics - do whatever is necessary to win/stay in power).

I personally don't think the Green's will be anything more than a protest vote party in our next General Election but it wouldn't surprise me at this point (it might change in from now to the election) if an unpopular government and a pathetic Labour opposition leads to them receiving many votes but win virtually no seats - as per what the Liberals/Lib Dems always do.

Last edited by Sluffy on Sat Oct 02 2021, 12:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing and grammar errors)

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The main party's simply pay lip service to the environmental lobby. It's as cynical as it looks.
After leaving Labour, I found a new home in the Green Party, so I'm disappointed you think I might be a tree hugger. Or a loony! (Is it ok to say loony these days?).

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:The main party's simply pay lip service to the environmental lobby. It's as cynical as it looks.
After leaving Labour, I found a new home in the Green Party, so I'm disappointed you think I might be a tree hugger. Or a loony! (Is it ok to say loony these days?).

Politics is all about taking power and holding on to it.

It's as simple to understand as that and apply's the whole world over.

Even the Green Party knows this and that's why they've already started to distance themselves from the more 'loony' of their environmental activist friends -
Sluffy wrote:The new leadership were keen to stress that groups like Insulate Britain and Extinction Rebellion were different from the Green Party, and they don't always support their tactics, but credited the organisations for putting climate at the "top of the agenda".

Also worth noting that one of the founders of Extinct Rebellion stood in the elections to become the new leader - and didn't do that well!

"They beat a number of other candidates including deputy leader Amelia Womack and Tamsin Omond, a founding member of Extinction Rebellion".

As for the other thing -

Loony

Informal
noun
A mad or silly person.

(Tbh, TROY used it in a post the other day and as I view him as one of those who understands Political Correctness as it applies these days, I felt it safe enough to use it on here).

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Politics is all about taking power and holding onto it? Oh dear. Maybe we should throw away our vegan pies and stock up on Kalashnikov's. Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Politics is all about taking power and holding onto it? Oh dear. Maybe we should throw away our vegan pies and stock up on Kalashnikov's. Very Happy

Power can be won in many ways...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Grune Party to vote on coalition options

"The smaller parties are in the driver's seat," says Sudha David-Wilp of the German Marshall Fund. Angela Merkel "has left a very fragmented political landscape in Germany, so it looks like it's going to take three parties to form a majority for the next government. So the small parties, the Greens and the FDP, are sort of banding together to call the shots for the next government."

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Grune Party to vote on coalition options

"The smaller parties are in the driver's seat," says Sudha David-Wilp of the German Marshall Fund. Angela Merkel "has left a very fragmented political landscape in Germany, so it looks like it's going to take three parties to form a majority for the next government. So the small parties, the Greens and the FDP, are sort of banding together to call the shots for the next government."

Yes that may well happen but it isn't what you claimed above is it?

wanderlust wrote:They are a decent party and in Germany hold the balance of power and have gained huge concessions from the new centre left government.

There is NO centre left government!!!  

Talks are still ongoing to see if they can work together to form one - so how could the Green's have gained any concessions from something that doesn't even yet exist let alone get HUGE ones?

Look it's been in the news for days, I didn't even need to check to verify and then refute what bollocks you wrote because an actual government forming would have been reported widely and prominently.

I don't get why you feel the need to be an expert on most things/everything and if it is that important to you, why you simply don't undertake the most basic of checks to at least get your facts right?

It comes as absolutely no surprise that you again can't accept you were wrong even though it is clear to everyone reading this that you so clearly were!

Tbh I just find it so funny laughing at your ridiculous and weird behaviour!

It's just the internet mate, what are you trying to prove and to whom?

Nobody gives a toss, not even me.

Do yourself a favour and get yourself some help.

10Would you vote for the Green Party? Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Sun Oct 03 2021, 00:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

11Would you vote for the Green Party? Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Wed Oct 06 2021, 22:31

Davesnuts

David Ngog
David Ngog

No

12Would you vote for the Green Party? Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Wed Oct 06 2021, 22:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Davesnuts wrote:No
First post in four years and he starts going on and on about politics! Give it a rest Dave. And put your trousers on!

I knew zoom calls were a bad idea.

13Would you vote for the Green Party? Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Wed Oct 06 2021, 23:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

14Would you vote for the Green Party? Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Thu Oct 07 2021, 12:29

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No, I wouldn’t vote for the greens, ever. For a start, although nobody can dispute global warming is happening, we can take a view on whether we’re causing it, or can do much if anything about it. Our planet is continually under the threat of climate change, we have always had hot periods, cold periods, floods and famines and the CO2 levels continually rise and fall. 

Having said all that, I don’t for one minute argue that we shouldn’t do what we can to help, especially regarding wildlife and the environment by controlling and reducing our dependence on plastics. The completely ridiculous wat against fossil fuels is just barmy. Sticking ugly, uneconomical windmills disrupting our countryside and seascapes is madness when we know very well that we can now produce increasingly efficient and low carbon petrol and diesel options.

Putting all our options into renewable electricity is crazy. What happens if the wind doesn’t blow, or the sun doesn’t shine and how many times are cables brought down when they do leaving regions stranded and when at least most could rely on staying warm with their gas heating. This rush into renewables without considering the many down sides and setting unrealistic timescales for implementation proves just how naive our politicians are.

The only winners from this will once again be the wealthy land owners who are raking it in with their Wind and Solar farms and they’re even prepared to rob a skinny, unaware little schoolgirl of her childhood to push their disgusting rhetoric.

15Would you vote for the Green Party? Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Thu Oct 07 2021, 13:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Davesnuts wrote:No

Dave definitely has a big future on Nuts.

Can't wait for post 2.

16Would you vote for the Green Party? Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Thu Oct 07 2021, 13:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Can't wait for post 2.
He won't filling in for Sluffy that's for sure

17Would you vote for the Green Party? Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Thu Oct 07 2021, 13:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Can't wait for post 2.
He's taken four years to make his first. I'm not holding my breath for number two.

18Would you vote for the Green Party? Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Thu Oct 07 2021, 13:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:He won't filling in for Sluffy that's for sure

Sluffy could learn a lot from Dave. He made his point clearly in one word.

19Would you vote for the Green Party? Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Thu Oct 07 2021, 13:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:He's taken four years to make his first. I'm not holding my breath for number two.

Bonce could learn a lot from Dave. One post in 4 years.

20Would you vote for the Green Party? Empty Re: Would you vote for the Green Party? Thu Oct 07 2021, 13:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Bonce could learn a lot from Dave. One post in 4 year
Sounds like your fan mail. And that was from someone who thought you used to be one of the Roly Polys.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum