Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-0 Doncaster

+7
terenceanne
Bolton Nuts
Cajunboy
Whitesince63
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
karlypants
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Mon Nov 22 2021, 12:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A must win game against Doncaster who are currently second from the bottom in the league.

Can we do the biz tomorrow night and avoid being dragged closer to relegation?

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Nov 23 2021, 21:56; edited 2 times in total

2Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Mon Nov 22 2021, 13:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Kachunga plays upfront again we are doomed! Williams is more than likely out as well as Sheehan so the squad is looking very thin at the moment. I'm hoping we can scrape a win but not overly hopeful to be honest.

3Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Mon Nov 22 2021, 13:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know where a goal is coming from.

0-0 is the best I can hope for, although chances of us keeping a clean sheet seem limited.

4Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Mon Nov 22 2021, 18:54

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We’ll Donny have been hit with injuries as badly as we have and they are finding scoring at least as difficult as us too, so if we can’t beat this team, then it doesn’t suggest we can beat anyone. Personally I think we’ll win this one because we do still create but just don’t convert. I think we will tomorrow so I can see a similar situation to The Crewe game and I think we’ll win by a couple. It does seem that despite Baps not being available, Doyle might well be back on the bench at least.

5Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Tue Nov 23 2021, 14:57

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whitesince63 wrote:We’ll Donny have been hit with injuries as badly as we have and they are finding scoring at least as difficult as us too, so if we can’t beat this team, then it doesn’t suggest we can beat anyone. Personally I think we’ll win this one because we do still create but just don’t convert. I think we will tomorrow so I can see a similar situation to The Crewe game and I think we’ll win by a couple. It does seem that despite Baps not being available, Doyle might well be back on the bench at least.
I hope you are right.

We sure need three points tonight.

Cheltenham will be a much harder  team to beat on Saturday.

6Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Tue Nov 23 2021, 15:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

God knows what the team will be tonight, we only have Lee and Thomason available in midfield so presume he'll go back to a 4231?

7Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Tue Nov 23 2021, 15:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

8Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Tue Nov 23 2021, 19:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Tue Nov 23 2021, 19:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

10Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Tue Nov 23 2021, 22:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great win tonight and i thought Thomason and especially Gordon at RB did very well. Only problem is yet more injuries with Isgrove going off and Dapo banned for Saturday.

11Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Tue Nov 23 2021, 22:29

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yes Norpig, I agree that Gordon was excellent tonight and that should quieten some of those who constantly criticise him. Keep playing like that and he’ll soon be a favourite. Ditto George again answering his knockers. Other than that, a decent win but to be honest Donny were desperately poor so we shouldn’t get too excited. ☺

12Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Tue Nov 23 2021, 22:43

Bolton Nuts

Admin

An easy win. As easy as they come.
Gordon is or will be or can be decent but he is better going forward than defensively. When we play against teams that attack down the wings he gets undone but as far as I know he is only young so he will likely improve.
Today was a good day for Thomason who again will improve with games and experience. He can make mistakes when against decent teams.
Let's not forget Donny could have been 3-0 up before we got the first goal and if they were, it would have been a very different reception from the fans at half time.
In Evatt we trust. Coywm.

Last edited by Biggie on Sat Nov 27 2021, 19:17; edited 1 time in total

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

13Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Wed Nov 24 2021, 01:03

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As they say you can only play who is in front of you ---- first 30 minutes looked like two relegation teams.  We should have been down 1-0 ---- anyway after that we looked back to being decent team again.  
I have never seen a red card given for a professional trip from behind unless it's the last defender.  That was a piece of luck that we needed.
I thought Gordon was MOM and Katch close behind --- we needed this one ----now onwards.

14Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Wed Nov 24 2021, 10:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:As they say you can only play who is in front of you ---- first 30 minutes looked like two relegation teams.  We should have been down 1-0 ---- anyway after that we looked back to being decent team again.  
I have never seen a red card given for a professional trip from behind unless it's the last defender.  That was a piece of luck that we needed.
I thought Gordon was MOM and Katch close behind --- we needed this one ----now onwards.
Pretty much agree. Kacha had his best game in a Wanderers shirt, and Thomason was excellent. Much to like, but listen to their boss.  Very Happy

15Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Wed Nov 24 2021, 16:54

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:
Pretty much agree. Kacha had his best game in a Wanderers shirt, and Thomason was excellent. Much to like, but listen to their boss.  Very Happy

Needs some sugar with those grapes, never heard such bullshit.

16Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Wed Nov 24 2021, 18:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's right that it shouldn't have been a red card. It was a simple trip, "one for the team" as commentators like to say.

What went on in the aftermath was embarrassing.

17Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Wed Nov 24 2021, 20:24

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Was it simply a trip ? he was behind the man and takled through the player with no chance of getting the ball. Not saying was a def red but it was much more than a trip, Dapo made a meal of it and George Thomo almost broke a blood vessel yelling at the  ref.

Gordon and Kurcunga had good games and John did well, Thomasson had a very good second half against 10 men and looked like he did last season, i thought he looked edgy first half.

18Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Wed Nov 24 2021, 21:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Was it simply a trip ? he was behind the man and takled through the player with no chance of getting the ball. Not saying was a def red but it was much more than a trip, Dapo made a meal of it and George Thomo almost broke a blood vessel yelling at the  ref.

Yes, it was a cynical trip definitely, but a yellow card all day long if the fouled player gets up quickly and the players keep their handbags in their shorts.

19Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Empty Re: Bolton 3-0 Doncaster Wed Nov 24 2021, 22:29

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Dapo has been brought down, pulled down or dragged down time without number this season often without so much as a free kick but this was possibly the most cynical and he was travelling at a tilt.

Wanderers defenders have also done the professional foul thing a few times this season without a red so its understandable why Wellens felt aggrieved. I suspect the ref was trying to make up for his blunder in the earlier booking of Dapo but it did mean that Doncaster had virtually nothing to offer subsequently and that made it much easier for several of our players to shine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum