Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Richie Wellens' bold claim about Bolton defeat

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Richie Wellens' bold claim about Bolton defeat 13232925

Doncaster boss Richie Wellens says his side should have been “three up” against Wanderers.

The Whites ran out 3-0 winners thanks to goals from Eoin Doyle, Elias Kachunga and George Thomason.

Wellens felt his side were on top in the early stages and was left ruing a lack of clinical finishing.

“It’s only really two periods of the game that you can assess. For 36 minutes (we were) by far the better team, both in and out of possession,” said the Doncaster chief.

“We should have been two or three up. Jon Taylor has said sorry to the players, it’s obviously a mistake but (his chance should be) a guaranteed goal.

“There’s a couple of occasions where we should score as well. We won the ball back high so many times where if the last pass is right, we can take the lead.

“For me, we should have been three up.”

One of the main talking points was Joe Olowu’s red card for a foul on Dapo Afolayan on the stroke of half-time.

Wellens felt it was a harsh decision and also insists Doyle was offside for the opening goal.

He added: “Another decision where it’s offside. The attacking player and defending player are in the same line – no cross movement so it’s quite an easy decision to make.

“It’s really difficult for referees and assistants – it’s a difficult job. But every single week, the referee has a big impact on our scoreline.

“And to top it off, a couple of minutes later he sends Joe (Olowu) off for a professional foul. I get it but it’s in no way dangerous.

“He scoops his leg round and it’s a standard yellow card. He’s probably been influenced by their bench surrounding him and opposition players surrounding him.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very sour grapes! They did miss a sitter early on but 3-0 up? No way! I did think the red card was a bit harsh as i was expecting a yellow.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum