Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oxford boss Karl Robinson's bold claim following Wanderers defeat

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oxford boss Karl Robinson's bold claim following Wanderers defeat 13470409

Karl Robinson has claimed Wanderers scored their “one chance in the second half” during their 3-2 win against Oxford at the Kassam Stadium.

The Whites twice came from behind thanks to goals from Declan John and Marlon Fossey, with Amadou Bakayoko completing the turnaround four minutes from time.

Despite the result, Robinson insists his side are “a better team than we thought” following their performance against Ian Evatt’s men.

“I just felt when we were no top, we needed to score. They’re a good team who are in good form,” he told the club’s YouTube channel.

“I thought all the players contributed really well. It wasn’t a bad team performance, against a team who have dominated most teams they’ve played in the last six or seven games.

“So we’re infuriated with that but we know we’re a better team than we thought going into the game because of the control we had.

“We just didn’t take our chances and got picked off at stupid stages when we need to be brighter.”

The result sees Wanderers move within eight points of a play-off place, while Oxford slip to seventh.

He added: “I thought we had complete control of the game for large periods. You’re not going to win games if you concede three goals.

“The first four goals were outstanding finishes – there weren’t many defensive mistakes.

“The one mistake was when we were in a random position and they hit us on the break from a corner, and that’s not acceptable.

“I thought the atmosphere was good, the players gave everything as they always do, we missed one or two good chances and they took their one chance in the second half.”

The Whites are back in action on Tuesday night when they take on Burton at the Pirelli Stadium (KO 7:45pm).

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know about it being a bold claim - seems a fair summation albeit slightly nuanced for the benefit of his home audience. A bold claim would be something like "we are the best team in the division" Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum