Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy)

+5
Sluffy
Whitesince63
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Jan 04 2022, 13:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Jan 04 2022, 21:01; edited 2 times in total

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I  might get interested if we get to Wembley  Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope that now we're starting to get a few players back and have a couple of new faces that we manage to stay injury free.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Me too Lusty, we’ve been very unlucky this season so let’s hope it turns now and we can have another good second half? Probably unrealistic to believe we can still make up ground on the play offs but at least we can have a good try. Fancy us tonight so I’ll go for 1-3 to the Whites and Dion to open his account.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Here is the rest of the week's training drill:

(Learn how to cross a ball - do not spend one minute on anything else).

I think it's time to sit Dapo down for a game until he learns to cross first time not after beating three men. He has been for the last few games costing us many opportunities IMO.

On a positive note: the two new lads look useful at least based on this one game.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Here is the rest of the week's training drill:

(Learn how to cross a ball - do not spend one minute on anything else).

I think it's time to sit Dapo down for a game until he learns to cross first time not after beating three men. He has been for the last few games costing us many opportunities IMO.

On a positive note: the two new lads look useful at least based on this one game.
First things first. This is a ball. Lesson two.................

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched the first half and both Fossey and Charles looked eager but far from the finished article in their respective positions. Pitch was awful but that's no excuse - we looked vulnerable and Hartlepool looked the more likely to score. Lots of work to do before we get back to the serious stuff.

10Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Jan 04 2022, 22:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When are Bolton fans going to wake up? We are sleepwalking towards relegation and no one seems to have noticed.

Dumped out of the FA Cup by a non-league team.
Dumped out of the Papa Cup by a second string League 2 side.
8 away defeats on the trot with 1 (one) goal scored.

These are the worst set of results any of us have ever experienced yet Bolton fans aren't even close to getting the bedsheets out. If this was Hill or Megson or Parky in charge Asda would have run out of bedsheets.

Anyone fancy this team in a relegation battle? We need a new manager to get some steel into the team and do away with this playing out from the back bollocks.

11Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Jan 04 2022, 22:37

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be honest Nat, I’ve disagreed on Evatt up to now but after tonight I’m really beginning to agree with you. This somehow was different in that there was not one spark of energy from one player. We’ve been slowly slowly but tonight took it to a new level. I just don’t believe these players can have become so bad so quickly. Where has the slick pass and move of last year gone? Tonight they just didn’t seem to have a clue and more worryingly, didn’t seem to care. For the first time I’m seriously worried because that wasn’t even the Hartlepool first team!!

12Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Tue Jan 04 2022, 23:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is very worrying. Can see what they're trying to do but to play and win that way needs genuine quality and the best we can hope for is that the whole team plays at the top of their game every match - and as that happened for ages it's not likely IMO.

13Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Wed Jan 05 2022, 01:34

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:When are Bolton fans going to wake up? We are sleepwalking towards relegation and no one seems to have noticed.

Dumped out of the FA Cup by a non-league team.
Dumped out of the Papa Cup by a second string League 2 side.
8 away defeats on the trot with 1 (one) goal scored.

These are the worst set of results any of us have ever experienced yet Bolton fans aren't even close to getting the bedsheets out. If this was Hill or Megson or Parky in charge Asda would have run out of bedsheets.

Anyone fancy this team in a relegation battle? We need a new manager to get some steel into the team and do away with this playing out from the back bollocks.
The above is nothing usual for us - it's been like this for years already. 

Tactically the biggest problem is the slow build up - backwards and sideways passing etc. Dixon's error tonight is a symptom of the system. Near the end of the game, you could hear the crowd groan as MJ did a forty-yard back pass with us a goal down.  A couple more losses and we are well in a relegation battle I'll give you that much.

14Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Wed Jan 05 2022, 02:03

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

That error was absolutely ridiculous. Unbelievable, really.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

15Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Wed Jan 05 2022, 12:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TA wrote:Tactically the biggest problem is the slow build up - backwards and sideways passing etc.

.. and whilst we night "control the game" for long periods we give opposition defences enough time to build a brick wall  and point it before we actually get around to shooting - as evidenced by the number of blocked attempts.

Keegan wrote:That error was absolutely ridiculous. Unbelievable, really.

It was that bad I'm left wondering if Dixon has had a little bet on the side or his wife and kids are being held hostage by the Mafia.

16Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Wed Jan 05 2022, 12:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't watch it so can't comment too much but all the comments i've read on social media are complaining about the constant fannying around with the ball at the back and not getting it forward more quickly. Trouble is Evatt won't change his tactics so we have to hope his January signings turn out as well as last years.

We have 2 tough games at home now and can't see us even getting a point so we are being dragged into a relegation battle.

17Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Thu Jan 06 2022, 13:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only just seen this  Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Thu Jan 06 2022, 13:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Only just seen this  Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I still can't get my head around what the hell he was doing.

19Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Empty Re: Hartlepool 1-0 Bolton (EFL Trophy) Thu Jan 06 2022, 16:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I still can't get my head around what the hell he was doing.
Wonderslut wrote:It was that bad I'm left wondering if Dixon has had a little bet on the side or his wife and kids are being held hostage by the Mafia.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum