Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marlon Fossey vows to keep on running in Bolton top six pursuit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Marlon Fossey vows to keep on running in Bolton top six pursuit 13472260

Marlon Fossey has vowed to keep on running as Wanderers continue their effort to whittle down the gap on League One’s top six at Burton tomorrow night.

The athletic wing-back has impressed everyone at the UniBol with his non-stop work-rate on Bolton’s right, developing an effective partnership with defender, Gethin Jones.

And Fossey – who also showed off his gymnastic skills celebrating a goal at Oxford on Saturday – has no plans to slow down.

“I did a lot of cross-country when I was younger so I thank my mum for putting me into so many sports, it has helped in many ways with my football and maintaining intensity for the whole game,” he said.

“The more I run, the more it helps the team. And I’ll keep on doing it because things are going well for us.”

Wanderers are now seven unbeaten, winning six of those games, and have moved to within eight points of the play-off positions.

Although they are unlikely to improve their league position – currently 10th – with a positive result at Burton, they can bring that total down to five points with home games against AFC Wimbledon and Lincoln City to follow.

Fossey’s bright start in a Whites shirt has been in no small measure down to his relationship with Jones, who had himself moved to centre-half after a stint at a wing-back.

“Surprisingly, it came very natural the partnership. It is always easier when someone knows where you are going to go, that connection, and it is helping the team a lot,” said the Fulham loanee.

“It is really important. If decisions are made quicker on the pitch then it helps the team and with me and Gethin we know each other, when it comes to playing me in behind an opponent or to feet we know what each other expect.”

Ian Evatt is likely to make changes to his side at the Pirelli Stadium in an effort to keep energy levels high – and Fossey says squad rotation is accepted within the dressing room.

“The gaffer is keeping us on our toes and it is clear there is a lot of quality on the bench, people who can get in the team,” he said. “The starting players are working hard to keep this spot and it has improved the standards for everyone on the pitch.

“Every game is important for us now so the biggest thing for us is to try and not look too far into the distance, it would be like shooting ourselves in the foot if we did.

“We just need to keep plucking away, shortening the gap, and we have done that this week so mission accomplished.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum