Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+25
Keegan
observer
Norpig
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
okocha
Cajunboy
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
dutchwhites63
BarrygoestoBolton
Feby
Growler
whatsgoingon
BoltonWondering
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 32]

401Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 30 2023, 12:18

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes, I thought Bradely got a little burned out after the Pizza Bowl. Lots of energy but a little wild with the ball. Traff was always a bit too casual for my liking. Having said that I would welcome both back if possible.
I think the main thing that needs an upgrade is our system of play. No need to go into it as we all know its far too slow. So that's on Ian....... A proper winger, Creative midfielder, and a striker should get us over the line IMO.

402Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 30 2023, 19:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SwampMonkey wrote:The truth is, without Trafford and Bradley we're a top 10 team in this division...that's it. If we want to go higher not only would we need to compensate for their loss, we also need significant investment thoughout the team.

You're not going to get those players looking in League 1 and 2. We need a few Championship level players (There are loads currently free or in the periphery of Championship and Premier League teams). Players recently released like: Bradley Dack, Ben Brereton Diaz, Callum Elder, Wes Harding, Sam Byram. If I were Evatt I'd happily sell (provided the price was right) any of the current lot to replace them with any of these.

Currently we're miles away from automatic promotion.

I don't think we'd get top 10 unless we nail the loan market again you're right. 

People talking about titles are living in cloud coconut land.

403Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 30 2023, 20:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I don't think we'd get top 10 unless we nail the loan market again you're right. 

People talking about titles are living in cloud coconut land.

Eh? We spent the majority of the season in the play offs and dished out some big hidings against play off rivals. Winning the title should be the ambition next season

404Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 30 2023, 20:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m hearing Santos has been placed on the transfer list at his request.

405Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 30 2023, 20:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leicester also sniffing around Evatt.

406Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty - Tue May 30 2023, 21:16

SwampMonkey

I'd be disappointed to lose Evatt as i think there's some skill there, but we are a bit one dimensional and lightweight, which needs to change. 

I'd happily take 3mil for Santos because he's replaceable for less. Santos has been good for us but at this level there's plenty of good and for not much money.

For me that's currently the case with the entire team.

To get automatically promoted you have to have in your XI 2/4 players who are inarguably the best players in the league and the rest have to be in the top 5 of their respective positions.

We are miles away. ..dunno..

407Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 30 2023, 21:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd not cry over letting Santos go for a decent fee, but he is a good defender at this level. The main problem is too much of the passing goes through him, mainly because we don't have a dominant central midfielder. And he slows it down every single time.

408Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 30 2023, 21:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Leicester also sniffing around Evatt.

If only. As SwampMonkey says, we are one dimensional with no plan B at all. And his track record of signings is average to say the least.

We won't be getting promoted with him in charge in my opinion. If we were to get a fee for him I would be over the moon.

409Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 30 2023, 21:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Eh? We spent the majority of the season in the play offs and dished out some big hidings against play off rivals. Winning the title should be the ambition next season

We'll see.

410Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 30 2023, 21:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

If only. As SwampMonkey says, we are one dimensional with no plan B at all. And his track record of signings is average to say the least.

We won't be getting promoted with him in charge in my opinion. If we were to get a fee for him I would be over the moon.

This response is for shock value surely..

We have the best young up and coming English manager in all four divisions, I throughly believe we end up back in the premier league with Evatt.

411Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 30 2023, 21:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Terrell Agyemang wanted on loan

412Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 30 2023, 22:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's done a brilliant job. 

Probably a bit soon for a team like Leicester. He's not at that level yet.  You know if he does leave it'll be for a tin pot club like west brom, Norwich or Watford. Big names but small time. 

Also Leicester still have a manager. For another day at least. 

I wonder if we could tempt Graham Potter if Evatt ever did go.

413Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue May 30 2023, 22:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

This response is for shock value surely..

We have the best young up and coming English manager in all four divisions, I throughly believe we end up back in the premier league with Evatt.

No, I just don't think he's as good as people make out.

He's done a decent job, but it's been littered with obvious mistakes - selling our one match winner, keeping faith with Kachunga, Crellin etc, sticking rigidly to the same tactics even when losing, claiming we were the best team in the league when we were nearer the bottom than the top. You get the picture.

I just think he's too stubborn to be a great manager.

414Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed May 31 2023, 14:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt has never been the same since he got his Klopp teeth.

415Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed May 31 2023, 15:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt needs a better transfer window than he had in January that's for sure.

416Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 05 2023, 13:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to BN we are looking at Ethan Chislett from AFC Wimbledon. Can't say i've heard of him before but Wimbledon had a poor season in league 2 so not sure if he's decent or not?

417Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 05 2023, 13:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never heard of him.

We need to be looking at good League 1 players or those on the fringes of Championship clubs.

418Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jun 11 2023, 10:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sheikh Mohamed Fankaty Dabo getting his tyres kicked.

419Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jun 11 2023, 10:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

420Transfer rumours ! - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jun 12 2023, 01:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum