Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton's Finances / Accounts for year ending 30th June 2021 and everything else since.

+11
finlaymcdanger
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
Whitesince63
BarrygoestoBolton
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
terenceanne
karlypants
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 40]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Thanks Sluffy. You are right, Eddie’s another ‘living the dream’.

I’ve reached no conclusions on what FV’s motives were or are except that I do believe Sharon fancied owning a footie club and that Michael James didn’t like the idea of BWFC going to the wall. There is, of course, the small matter of the c. £12 million of Tom Morris’s money PBP committed to keep BWFC afloat in 2016.

They haven’t taken any remuneration yet but they would be about as popular as Owen Oyston in Blackpool if they were to walk away awash with moolah having wangled a few million from the taxpayer on questionable pretexts.

Thanks Bob but I'm unsure what you refer to about me, Eddie and the dream?

I don't believe I've mentioned such recently but he does seemed to have put a considerable amount of his personal money into his passion of BWFC without much if any of a concern of ever getting it back.

I never understood his plans for the development around the club at the time as I thought the land could not be used for residential development, indeed iirc Eddie's plans never included such?

Clearly he had something in mind as again iirc, the Directors of Burnden Leisure at the time and apart from Gartside were all appointed to bring about this idea of a development.

Presumably he had the notion that the development in someway would be financially beneficial to BWFC.

I find it hard to believe Sharon wanted to be the owner of BWFC just because she fancied owning any old club, in that she could have done so elsewhere for considerably cheaper, far far easier and nearer to home for her and one not embroiled in constant debt management, inheriting points penalty, transfer embargo's and having no experience in football as to bring in Kenyon and Phoenix!

It simply doesn't stack up for me - so the only reasonable explanation I can find is that there was an ulterior financial motive why she fought so hard and paid vastly too much for BWFC.

I'm not saying she didn't fancy being a footy club owner, she's shown herself to be very capable in that respect, merely she could have proved herself far more easily and financially cheaper to her purse elsewhere.

As I've said already I believe the key to understand why Luckock is here and the recent dusting off of the development plans and the inclusion of significant residential properties to the proposal is the clincher as to why, for me.

Going back to Wanderlust for just a moment, he's several times posted about things 'smelling fishy', 'making negative insinuations about FV' and numerous other references to you and I putting forward that something very dodgy is going on - but the fact is we simply aren't and never have been.

I don't know where he gets those ideas from - then again I don't believe him to be rational in general.

I've no idea of PBP's position in all this.  I guess if they were really unhappy they could call in the loan and/or put the car parks up for sale.  The fact that they haven't suggest to me that either they have plenty of money and £12m sitting idle is nothing of a concern to them or they see a benefit from holding the cards that are already in their hand.

I also don't see FV walking away anytime soon as if they had that intention why are they putting the time and effort in with the proposed land developments?

As always time will tell us how things eventually unfolded.

An as for the innovation loan - how innovative would it be for the owners of a football club to change themselves into a property developer providing major employment and delivering significant new housing to the region?

That sounds very innovative to me!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:The weather had got a bit gusty
And summat had smelled a tad musty
The Bullshit Brigade 
Were out on parade
And head of the troupe was ar’ Lusty
So you won't deny it then Bob? Fair enough - you and the other guy who speculates and then cites his own guesswork as "fact" make a lovely couple. I can see it now....Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
So you won't deny it then Bob? Fair enough - you and the other guy who speculates and then cites his own guesswork as "fact" make a lovely couple. I can see it now....Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'll tell you what mate, if you can show just one example of where I've speculated/guessed/or similar about something and then claimed it to be a fact then I will donate £100 to the charity of your choice.

I simply don't do it.

That's why I always put links or references to verify what I've said.

That's how I do things.

Would you be willing put up £100 of your money to a charity of my choice for every time I can demonstrate where you have lied on here?

The post of yours above being one of them...

PS - the picture you've posted seems very apt considering I think of you as being quite unhinged at times.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Thanks Bob but I'm unsure what you refer to about me, Eddie and the dream?

I don't believe I've mentioned such recently but he does seemed to have put a considerable amount of his personal money into his passion of BWFC without much if any of a concern of ever getting it back.

I never understood his plans for the development around the club at the time as I thought the land could not be used for residential development, indeed iirc Eddie's plans never included such?

Clearly he had something in mind as again iirc, the Directors of Burnden Leisure at the time and apart from Gartside were all appointed to bring about this idea of a development.

Presumably he had the notion that the development in someway would be financially beneficial to BWFC.

I find it hard to believe Sharon wanted to be the owner of BWFC just because she fancied owning any old club, in that she could have done so elsewhere for considerably cheaper, far far easier and nearer to home for her and one not embroiled in constant debt management, inheriting points penalty, transfer embargo's and having no experience in football as to bring in Kenyon and Phoenix!

It simply doesn't stack up for me - so the only reasonable explanation I can find is that there was an ulterior financial motive why she fought so hard and paid vastly too much for BWFC.

I'm not saying she didn't fancy being a footy club owner, she's shown herself to be very capable in that respect, merely she could have proved herself far more easily and financially cheaper to her purse elsewhere.

As I've said already I believe the key to understand all of this is why Luckock is here?  The recent dusting off of the development plans and the inclusion of significant residential properties to the proposal is the clincher as to why that is, for me.

Going back to Wanderlust for just a moment, he's several times posted about things 'smelling fishy', 'making negative insinuations about FV' and numerous other references to you and I putting forward that something very dodgy is going on - but the fact is we simply aren't and never have been.

I don't know where he gets those ideas from - then again I don't believe him to be rational in general.

I've no idea of PBP's position in all this.  I guess if they were really unhappy they could call in the loan and/or put the car parks up for sale.  The fact that they haven't suggest to me that either they have plenty of money and £12m sitting idle is nothing of a concern to them or they see a benefit from holding the cards that are already in their hand.

I also don't see FV walking away anytime soon as if they had that intention why are they putting the time and effort in with the proposed land developments?

As always time will tell us how things eventually unfolded.

An as for the innovation loan - how innovative would it be for the owners of a football club to change themselves into a property developer providing major employment and delivering significant new housing to the region?

That sounds very innovative to me!
Eddie’s the geezer on WW you mentioned, Sluffy.

I think you might be overthinking some of this but
FV have gone in for a bit of innovative/ creative accounting. That’s  another story though. 

The general idea was to make the losses look less than they would  be using more familiar accounting methodology.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Wed 13 Jul - 7:06; edited 1 time in total

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Eddie’s the clueless geezer on WW you mentioned, Sluffy

FV have gone in for a bit of innovative/ creative accounting but that’s another story that would take longer than its worth to explain. The general idea was to make the losses look less than they would be using more conventional accounting methodology.

Ah, I understand you now, I thought you were referring to Eddie Davies?

The innovation I was talking about was how possibly FV 'sold' the idea of 'innovation' to the government to get the innovation grant!

I was being a bit tongue in cheek but also I don't know on what other basis they could have qualify for it on?

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sorry Sluffy. I edited my previous post this morning without seeing your response. 

Unless there’s something we’ve overlooked, I think the word wangled might best sum it up. There seems to have been a lot of wangling going on.

I see that Iles has picked up on Barry’s argument that it was only £2.5million. 

I respect Barry’s argument but remain unconvinced that it wasn’t £5million of government moolah.

BarrygoestoBolton

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Good morning, Bob. It seems to me that the fourth paragraph under note 18, page 33 of the 20/21 accounts is pretty much definitive.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BarrygoestoBolton wrote:Good morning, Bob. It seems to me that the fourth paragraph under note 18, page 33 of the 20/21 accounts is pretty much definitive.
Thanks Barry. I’ve not been through all the notes yet. I’m thinking that I’ll need to put my forensic hat on when I do.

The whole truth is sometimes not immediately obvious and a few carefully worded scripts or omissions can easily take you off in the wrong direction.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A few words come immediately to mind on first reading of Note 18, Barry. They include convoluted, byzantine, impenetrable and clear as mud. Sorry.

BarrygoestoBolton

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Bob, while those are undoubtedly excellent words, I don’t feel they apply here. It’s quite clear:

“The balance outstanding at the reporting date amounted to £5,302,466, which includes accumulated interest £2,651,234 of the total outstanding balance was due to UKFF Nominees Limited with £2,651,233 being due to the shareholders.”

Note 24, paragraph 3 says comments that the £5m loan plus accumulated interest was converted to equity on 28th October 2021.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fwiw I believe you both to be right in what you say - namely Note 18 in its entirety took me a few reads to comprehend it all as to what it all meant, whilst at the same time being clear (although I was still a bit confused to what it exactly meant on my first read - my fault not the auditors note's fault) as to the explanation to the £2.5m matched loan amounting to £5m (plus added interest).

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Sorry Sluffy. I edited my previous post this morning without seeing your response. 

Unless there’s something we’ve overlooked, I think the word wangled might best sum it up. There seems to have been a lot of wangling going on.

I respect Barry’s argument but remain unconvinced that it wasn’t £5million of government moolah.
I reckon the "match" part of match funding sort of says what it does on the tin.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BarrygoestoBolton wrote:Bob, while those are undoubtedly excellent words, I don’t feel they apply here. It’s quite clear:

“The balance outstanding at the reporting date amounted to £5,302,466, which includes accumulated interest £2,651,234 of the total outstanding balance was due to UKFF Nominees Limited with £2,651,233 being due to the shareholders.”

Note 24, paragraph 3 says comments that the £5m loan plus accumulated interest was converted to equity on 28th October 2021.
Thanks Barry. That does seem to take us forward. I still have unanswered questions in my mind on all of this. 

Time to get my forensic hat on but first I must master the instructions on how to erect the workbench I bought yesterday.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Sorry Sluffy. I edited my previous post this morning without seeing your response. 

I reckon the "match" part of match funding sort of says what it does on the tin.

It was never really clear whether the loan was for £5m from the government entirely but if it was not paid off by the due date that matched funding was THEN required by FV to roll the loan up into equity.

As it happens CH clearly shows that on the 29th October 2021 equity of £12.m was put into the company strongly suggesting that a £5m loan WAS provided by the government and that FV HAD been required to put in £5m (of their £7.5m) addition to equity to match fund it.

The issue was never about match funding but rather clarity as to how much the government had put up in the first place for the initial loan and at what point the match funding was required, which seemed to indicate that it only actually
kicked in order to roll the loan into equity and not to obtain the loan in the first place.

The publication of the current accounts is the first clarification as to what the details of the loan actually entailed.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You’ll all be pleased to know that I have mastered the workbench instructions and it’s now fully functional. Mastering what’s been going on with FV is going to be a much sterner test I think. 

Who owns the shares, how much have they each paid, how have they valued the company, who wangled £millions of taxpayers money on the pretext that this was an innovative company which was under threat because of COVID. How much had COVID actually impacted on the trading and how had other clubs managed without the extra dosh are just some of the questions that come to mind?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:You’ll all be pleased to know that I have mastered the workbench instructions and it’s now fully functional. Mastering what’s been going on with FV is going to be a much sterner test I think. 

Who owns the shares, how much have they each paid, how have they valued the company, who wangled £millions of taxpayers money on the pretext that this was an innovative company which was under threat because of COVID. How much had COVID actually impacted on the trading and how had other clubs managed without the extra dosh are just some of the questions that come to mind?
What do you do on your workbench?

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
What do you do on your workbench?
I don’t know yet Boncey. Maybe I got muddled between a mortise and amortise. ..dunno..

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was on the new workbench yesterday afternoon. It’s hard to find somebody to SERVICE MY SHED so I’ve been doing some necessary repairs myself. Well that’s what I’ve convinced myself anyroad.

I had a quick look to see if Professor Claptrap had any comments on the FV accounts. Nowt doing there but he seems to be a bit of a fan of the Grauniad’s Conn man. Well he would be, wouldn’t he? Anyone who makes Chubby Chops ( the voice you can trust) his financial guru…..Rolling EyesRolling EyesRolling EyesRolling Eyes

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bob's turning into Frank Randle! Nurse!

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Bob's turning into Frank Randle! Nurse!
I’m not sure that there are many of Nuts cognoscenti that have heard of Frank Randle. But what I’d say is never trust anyone who says ‘trust me’ who publishes an old photo of himself disguising fourteen years of filling his fat face with fondant fancies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum