Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'We want to strengthen a little bit' - Ian Evatt issues transfer update

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'We want to strengthen a little bit' - Ian Evatt issues transfer update 13702527

Wanderers boss Ian Evatt is still hoping to add to his squad ahead of the upcoming League One season.

The Whites have already made three signings this summer, bringing in James Trafford and Conor Bradley on loan from Manchester City and Liverpool respectively, as well as Jack Iredale on a free transfer.

But Evatt says he is still looking for further ways to strengthen the squad as the Whites aim to push for promotion to the Championship.

“We want to strengthen a little bit. I am not going to hide that fact, but at the moment there is nothing happening,” he told The Bolton News.

“We are just going to be patient and see what materialises over the course of pre-season.

“Things change by the hour in the transfer window, so at the moment there is nothing to update, but I am not saying that couldn’t change pretty quickly.

“Onwards and upwards, we are still looking around but happy with where we are at.”

Evatt’s men kicked off their pre-season schedule on a high note with an emphatic 9-0 victory against Longridge Town.

The Bolton boss is pleased with his players’ attitudes since returning to training and hopes they can continue to build momentum against Chorley this afternoon.

He added: “I think the most important thing is we are moving forwards - there is improvement there.

“We obviously all want to improve as fast as we possibly can, but to do it sustainably and to sustain moving forwards - it takes time. We have had the time and I have been fortunate enough to have the time.

“This is really the first time I have had a settled squad ready for the start of pre-season - a squad that I have worked with for a period already that understand our idea.

“The club is progressing fast and I am really proud to be manager. That is why I said in Portugal that there was never a doubt in mind about ever leaving this football club, and there certainly won’t be because there is a fantastic project here.

“I am fully invested, the board are fully invested. The players we have got here are fully invested and we are just loving our journey.”

MJ Williams missed the trip to Longridge due to a minor knee issue, while Josh Sheehan and Lloyd Isgrove are still recovering from long-term injuries.

“Next to me on the bench second half was MJ, Sheehan and Isgrove. When you add those three, it is incredible,” said Evatt.

“But as we saw at the start of last season, things can change quickly in football. The most important thing is that we get this content and volume into them so they become more robust and we keep them on the pitch.

“We had too many injuries last year, there is no denying that and we have done a lot of work over the summer as to how we can start avoiding those injuries.

“That work has taken place and you have seen the benefits of that in that first week of Portugal.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum