Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Port Vale 0-0 Bolton

+14
observer
BarrygoestoBolton
jcfcraven
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
Keegan
Hip Priest
Whitesince63
Bolton Nuts
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 13 2022, 15:52

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Same ref who sent Santos off before (and it was overturned)... guess he had to get his revenge.

22Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 13 2022, 16:08

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

And now Evatt sent off by the revengeful ref.  They had best not have him on any more of our matches or we won't have enough players left to put on the pitch.

23Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 13 2022, 16:12

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Did the Revengeful Ref also miss the ball over the line for us?

24Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 13 2022, 16:59

BarrygoestoBolton

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

No doubt about the Bolton MOTM today. Great goalkeeping!

25Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 13 2022, 17:08

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

26Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 13 2022, 17:21

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Taking the point - that's about all.
Going to ten men will be the excuse but they we better than us before Santos got sent off. Seemed like all the second balls were won by them and they had better chances. 
Certainly, disappointing against what most would consider lower end side. 
Move on to Tuesday COYWM.

27Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 13 2022, 17:26

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Definitely squeaky bum time and the boys did brilliantly to hold out for the point. We seemed to look more dangerous and could easily have won it but all in all a good result, especially down to 10 men.

28Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 13 2022, 17:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We just weren't good enough. Terrible start, couldn't press - presumably because of the heat - and then Santos got himself sent off. First booking was stupid and then, knowing that the ref was on his case he was even more stupid for giving him the opportunity to send him off.

A lot of people will say we were hard done by, but the truth of the matter is we weren't smart enough or good enough to overcome what should have been minor difficulties - and Santos made it impossible.

29Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sat Aug 13 2022, 21:18

dutchwhites63

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

jcfcraven wrote:Do we not have an audio stream today ?
nope jcf our disk jockey has gone on a well earrned holiday in thailand but will be back for the 10 september game, i have to watch marc illes on the bolton news, well i mean read what he typed every 10 minutes, very boring actualy.

30Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sun Aug 14 2022, 00:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

31Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sun Aug 14 2022, 01:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suspect there was a complacency issue today, the way we started this game.
It was very casual, nobody was working hard to press and hassle, and the drive was missing.
I put this down to the heat but having since watched Brentford's masterclass in pressing which destroyed Manure, I realise the weather can't be blamed.
We have to earn the right to play fancy football and we didn't today.

32Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sun Aug 14 2022, 21:41

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We need Dion back asap to lead the harassing and pressing....and be on hand to put some of our close-range chances away......and also a centre back with greater awareness and sprightliness... and to present an aerial threat in the opposition's penalty area. Toal?

33Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sun Aug 14 2022, 22:29

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:We need Dion back asap to lead the harassing and pressing....and be on hand to put some of our close-range chances away......and also a centre back with greater awareness and sprightliness... and to present an aerial threat in the opposition's penalty area. Toal?
Okocha’s been having a think, I think.
What we need is a sprightly centre-half in the Wayne Sleep mould.

34Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Sun Aug 14 2022, 23:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Okocha’s been having a think, I think.
What we need is a sprightly centre-half in the Wayne Sleep mould.
I've no time for all that ballet lark. Everyone dancing on tip-toes. Why don't they just get taller dancers?
It's outrageous.

35Port Vale 0-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Port Vale 0-0 Bolton Mon Aug 15 2022, 04:11

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It's early days but one goal in two away games suggests that the attacking players aren't the standard needed for automatic promotion.I don't think Bakayoko has offered enough in the opening 3 games.Will need to take 6 points from Morecambe and Sheff Weds this week to get my hopes back up that a promotion campaign can be be built on a very strong home record

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum