Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lennie Lawrence Appointed Assistant Manager!!!!

+13
terenceanne
JonnyRandom
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
Sgt. Bash
Angry Dad
JakeSnake
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote: farao Very Happy Smile Surprised No alien cat monkey pig bounce confused Sleep cherry santa rendeer king queen study geek jocolor elephant [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lol! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] afro [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is getting boring now [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:stupid:

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

2 proper dodgey names in charge. Dougie and lennie. Sounds like a tv programme

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And so it begins. Another manager bringing all his mates onboard at incredible cost.

Can't wait to find out who the new kitman is.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gonnawin4coyle wrote: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I heard he is bring the tea-lady up also ..... she makes a decent haggis pie I understand.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think this is a good appointment. I for one was moaning that OC didn't have an experienced manager to bounce his thoughts off. This team works well together, and allows DF to ploan with just that bit less pressure.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have an assistant when I play Championship Manager. I ignore his help 100% of the time, and happen to have enjoyed unquestionable success.

You've either got a footballing brain or you haven't - it's not something you pick up when you're doing your coaching badges. If you've got it, you simply don't need any help!

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

JonnyRandom wrote:2 proper dodgey names in charge. Dougie and lennie. Sounds like a tv programme
Just need Dinsdale to join them now.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Doffer, thats bnollocks, and you know it. A manager may know how to manage a team, but that doesn't mean he can manage the people in the team, or handle some of the outside pressures, or even know when to use plan B.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Seemjs I have a speech impediment that should be blx Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We all need a bit of help sometime or other.

Don't see what all the fuss is about myself, any manager would want people around him who he knows and trusts, it's not only about managing but establishing a 'culture' of how 'we do things around here' from now on.

I've no doubt there are large personalities at the club and cliques - there are anywhere you go - so if you want to change things to how you want them to be you need the help and example of others.

You can't tell me that whatever the hell Coyle had been doing at the club as been good for it.

A new broom is now in charge and he's getting his people in to now do things 'his' way and not have egos and perceived status of those already at the club to block him, deliberately or otherwise.

If he succeeds or fails it’s clearly down to him then and no one anyone else.

For example look at how Allardyce revolutionised the club by bringing in all the backroom staff he did.

Seems the right way to do things to me.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's because people will moan about absolutely anything.

Simple.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think this is great news. I am sure dougie is delighted to have someone he trusts and likes a lot to help him. They seemed to work well at palace, this can only be a good thing. Welcome to the club dougie and lennie.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:Doffer, thats bnollocks, and you know it. A manager may know how to manage a team, but that doesn't mean he can manage the people in the team, or handle some of the outside pressures, or even know when to use plan B.

I don't disagree that one man can't handle a squad on his own. Where I do disagree is that selecting and organising a team is a more than one person job.

I never got this idea when Coyle was manager that because he didn't know what he was doing, what he needed was an assistant that did. Some even suggested Sammy Lee.

There's very little a genuinely good manager can learn from an assistant with regards to tactics. If he's that savvy, he has his own ideology, that is difficult to compromise with somebody else's.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Fair enough, but I would put forward the argument that if Coyle had somebody he relied on for advice and guidance, he wouldn't have been stuck in the obvious rut that he was.

Agreed that only one man should pick the team, but all decisions can, and should be, made using all available factors.. When your a one-man-band in thought and deed, there's nobody to steer you on the right road.

Finally, a good manager becomes good by learning from, and studying, other people and past practices. We all bemoaned the fact that the back-room team appeared to be crap for OC, DF is changing that straightaway it would seem. I think we are in for some interesting times.

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Dougie isn't Dougie without Lennie

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum