Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now we're racist as well!

+10
Lyric Todkill
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
xmiles
Sgt. Bash
chris_bwfc
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 10:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The press have made a big issue of Wenger being abused by Man Utd fans on Saturday calling him a paedophile and 'Are you Savile in disguise'.

22Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 10:38

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Didn't hear that but its funny - oops!!!!

23Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 12:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not funny for the victims.

24Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 12:16

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Not funny for the victims.

So do you mean to say that Wenger hasn't been called worse in his time as manager?

Or do you mean the victims of Savile - all of whom are in the 40's and 50's and didn't say anything when he was alive but now that there is money involved they suddenly come out of the woodwork!!! - Not that all of them are in it for the money but cynically speaking most will be!!!

25Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 12:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure how, because he's been called worse, it makes it ok to call someone a peado?

26Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 12:32

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think Cardiff's manager should apply for compensation for the Level of distress this has caused him...

Its fucking disgraceful how the sheep shagging cunts cant go anywhere without being racially abused...

Its fine for them to call us 'dirty English bastards' though - I bet Hipster was seething at this.

(Hope the sarcasm was realised in the 2nd paragraph there... )

27Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 12:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:...

Its fine for them to call us 'dirty English bastards' though - I bet Hipster was seething at this.

Half of the Cardiff first team squad are made up of Englishmen. Oh, the irony..

28Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 12:37

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm not sure how, because he's been called worse, it makes it ok to call someone a spedo?

Have you ever seen him in Spedo's?

Laughing

But like my earlier post.... was it right that I get called ginger even though i don't have ginger hair or what about women who either have natural or bleached blonde hair - are they really thick and what about people from Essex??? It goes on in everyday life in all walks of life in all businesses and companies!!! Does it make it right - possibly not BUT nothing gets done as its "banter."

29Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 13:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Lofty Love explained thoroughly well, on the other "racism" thread, why "ginger" or "essex girl" while not tasteful, are not the same as racial abuse.

30Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 14:25

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think Lofty Love explained thoroughly well, on the other "racism" thread, why "ginger" or "essex girl" while not tasteful, are not the same as racial abuse.

But neither is "peado" being racist!!!

I have been and will be called "monkey", though by South African friends. Are they being racist or just being friendly?

31Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 14:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The South Africans refer to us English folk as Rooineks ( rednecks ) and Limeys and we refer to them as Rockspiders and Hairybacks.

I have never met a nice South African and that's not bloody surprising.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

32Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 14:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think Lofty Love explained thoroughly well, on the other "racism" thread, why "ginger" or "essex girl" while not tasteful, are not the same as racial abuse.

I have been and will be called "monkey", though by South African friends. Are they being racist or just being friendly?

I didn't say "peado" was being racist!!!!

I said it wasn't funny.

I'm not really sure about the context or reason as to why a south african person would call you a monkey. But if they are making reference to your race, then yes it's racist.

33Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 14:43

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

I didn't say "peado" was being racist!!!!

I said it wasn't funny.

I'm not really sure about the context or reason as to why a south african person would call you a monkey. But if they are making reference to your race, then yes it's racist.

But here is the 1 million SA Rand question..... Arn't we all monkeys anyway, considering we have evolved from them?

34Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 14:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We share a common ancestor with chimps.

but largely irrelevant, the monkey gestures and monkey noises aimed at black players are meant to denigrate them, and are making reference to their skin colour, thus are racist.

I've not known a white person to be called a monkey, but you've described that, in which case, if it's meant in the same way it's also racist.

35Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 15:09

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

bwfc71 wrote:I do but most of it at football games are actually said as spare of the moment madness and basically not meant to infuriate or create ill-feeling. To be fair the fans (and players) of the current generation are directly following on the generation where it was commonplace and it is oing to take time to eradicate completely but it is going in the right direction. But it is going to take a couple more generations of fans (and players) before it does. What we have now is a situation of just saying one wrong word and all hell will be made, when most of it should be allowed to slip.

How many times have we said the wrong thing by accident and thought shit I shouldn't have said that??? But nothing, in the end, has been done because people let it slip.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm guessing this was a slip of the "both arms" then? That has nothing to do with football, has no place in football and no excuse should be made for this type of behaviour. What is even stranger to me is that this chap is a Chelsea fan - Chelsea has probably used more black players in the Premier League over the past 10 years than any other team.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

36Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 15:09

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

but in a lot of cultures on this planet calling someone a monkey is actually a term of endearment. Whereas other cultures see it as a term of abuse and when the 2 clutures come toegther it causes havoc and chaos like we have at this moment in time in football. Both will not change as they have bothe been brought up in support of their own ideologies of their cultures.

Yes there are cases when it is wrong - when it group or individuals of the same ideology.

What the last 12-18 months has shown is that our football is full of people of differeing cultures and ideologies and its bound to bring up confusion and problems but we cannot say just because you play football in England you cannot say this that or the other, or do this that or the other as the majority of these players are players for their own countries - this would create even more confusion and problems.

So what is the way forward - as a blanket ban will definitely not work and will, more than likely, hurt the game in the long run! POssibly we have to take each case seperately and weigh up the pro's and con's whilst realising the differening cultures and then try to find a happy medium. Somthing that has not happened yet as Suarez was too extreme whilst John Terry was too leniant!

37Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 15:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Keegan wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:I do but most of it at football games are actually said as spare of the moment madness and basically not meant to infuriate or create ill-feeling. To be fair the fans (and players) of the current generation are directly following on the generation where it was commonplace and it is oing to take time to eradicate completely but it is going in the right direction. But it is going to take a couple more generations of fans (and players) before it does. What we have now is a situation of just saying one wrong word and all hell will be made, when most of it should be allowed to slip.

How many times have we said the wrong thing by accident and thought shit I shouldn't have said that??? But nothing, in the end, has been done because people let it slip.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm guessing this was a slip of the "both arms" then? That has nothing to do with football, has no place in football and no excuse should be made for this type of behaviour. What is even stranger to me is that this chap is a Chelsea fan - Chelsea has probably used more black players in the Premier League over the past 10 years than any other team.

OK another casing point would Manchester City would be allowed to have the inflatable banana's nowadays or would they be classed as racist as banana's have an overtune of being associated with monkeys? Could that be mis-read by some players as the fans being racist?

38Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 15:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris do you think the monkey noises and genstures were meant as a term of endearment toward players?

39Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 15:16

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Chris do you think the monkey noises and genstures were meant as a term of endearment toward players?

In some countries it actually is - mainly the South American countries, and in many African countries!

40Now we're racist as well! - Page 2 Empty Re: Now we're racist as well! Mon Nov 05 2012, 15:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And in England?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum