Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-1 Accrington

+7
observer
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
Whitesince63
Norpig
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Bolton 0-1 Accrington Mon Apr 24 2023, 17:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Apr 25 2023, 21:39; edited 3 times in total

2Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 07:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another must win game but Accy are struggling and will battle for their lives to stay in the division. Another scrappy win by the odd goal i reckon.

3Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 10:58

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I’m more confident than that Norpig, I think we’ll win comfortably tonight. Accy can’t afford to sit back and will have to come out and play and the positions of the two clubs tell me that we’re much better than them so unless they get lucky as QPR did at Burnley at the weekend we could well be on course for another comfortable win and boost our goal difference even further which could easily be worth another point in the end situation. I think at least 3-0 to the Whites.

4Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 17:11

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'll take 1-0 and three points.

There was a lot of fouling from Accrington  in the match in the Pizza cup and Bradley came in for a lot of attention.  I hope we don't get  another clogging performance from Accy.

5Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 18:30

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:I'll take 1-0 and three points.

There was a lot of fouling from Accrington  in the match in the Pizza cup and Bradley came in for a lot of attention.  I hope we don't get  another clogging performance from Accy.
I’m not sure they can play any other way Cajun and it will be worse tonight with what’s at stake so let’s just hope we have a tough referee who can stamp down on it if it does get rough?

6Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 18:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

7Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 18:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m actually feeling more confident this game. I’ve got a feeling it’s going to be a high scoring match by both teams due to both teams at opposite ends of the table fighting relegation and fighting to seal a playoff place.

My prediction: 3-2 to the whites!

8Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 18:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

9Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 19:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

10Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 21:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a croc of shite this is! ::mad::

11Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 21:44

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Gutted.

A real sickener.

12Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 21:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They should all be put in the stocks so folk can throw rotten tomatoes at them.

13Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 21:54

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Whoever watched Nlundulu and figured out he was upper end of League 1 standard? He actually makes Bakayoko look half decent. Not saying you couldn't say the same about a few of them.

14Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 22:19

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Whoever watched Nlundulu and figured out he was upper end of League 1 standard? He actually makes Bakayoko look half decent. Not saying you couldn't say the same about a few of them.
All of them Bob, I wouldn’t pay any of our so called “strikers” in peanuts. We’ve now got four about as good as Kachunga when it comes to scoring and I include Dion in that because he’s missed more than he’s scored. I agree with you on Baka though. I never rated him but he’s better than any of these we signed in January. It will be really interesting to see what IE does in the summer because frankly I don’t think any of them are worth keeping even if we are still in L1.

15Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 22:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Our January transfer window was terrible - of the four subs we brought on tonight, three of them were signed in that window (Shoretire, Jerome and £500,000 signing Adeboyejo) and clearly they haven't established themselves in the first team since, Nlundulu started (and he was really only signed to be the last behind Charles, Adeboyejo and Jerome in the pecking order of our strikers), Randell Williams is really a winger forced (unsuccessfully) into being a wing back and Mbete a 19 year old kid who is still learning the game.

As for Evatt...

We've played Accrington enough times recently to KNOW how they are going to play - and 'our' normal game (tippy tappy) hasn't ever worked against them.

Knowing this what does Evatt do...

He plays our normal game and surprise, surprise it doesn't work yet again, against them...

Why didn't he play our two biggest strikers, Jerome and Adeboyejo, with Lee picking up the pieces behind them and attack them with long balls from the back - Bruno Ngotty's 'floaters' to Kevin Davies type thing - or in fact ANYTHING other than what he did - and what Accrington would (and did) fully expect and planned for...

We still might make the play-offs but we certainly won't win it unless we strengthen our bench (players back from injury) because we've absolutely no depth to the squad at the moment and also that Evatt finds some inspiration from somewhere and dares to play a different style of football than usual occasionally, because other teams find us so predictable and can nullify us like Accrington did just now.

16Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 23:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody awful. Like watching Lord Nelson wallpapering the living room.

17Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Tue Apr 25 2023, 23:55

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:Our January transfer window was terrible - of the four subs we brought on tonight, three of them were signed in that window (Shoretire, Jerome and £500,000 signing Adeboyejo) and clearly they haven't established themselves in the first team since, Nlundulu started (and he was really only signed to be the last behind Charles, Adeboyejo and Jerome in the pecking order of our strikers), Randell Williams is really a winger forced (unsuccessfully) into being a wing back and Mbete a 19 year old kid who is still learning the game.

As for Evatt...

We've played Accrington enough times recently to KNOW how they are going to play - and 'our' normal game (tippy tappy) hasn't ever worked against them.

Knowing this what does Evatt do...

He plays our normal game and surprise, surprise it doesn't work yet again, against them...

Why didn't he play our two biggest strikers, Jerome and Adeboyejo, with Lee picking up the pieces behind them and attack them with long balls from the back - Bruno Ngotty's 'floaters' to Kevin Davies type thing - or in fact ANYTHING other than what he did - and what Accrington would (and did) fully expect and planned for...

We still might make the play-offs but we certainly won't win it unless we strengthen our bench (players back from injury) because we've absolutely no depth to the squad at the moment and also that Evatt finds some inspiration from somewhere and dares to play a different style of football than usual occasionally, because other teams find us so predictable and can nullify us like Accrington did just now.
When you are right, you are incredibly right. Terrible January window. Terrible Result... don't expect this lot to do well in the Championship. Need Santos and Toal back soon.

18Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Wed Apr 26 2023, 07:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A poor performance all round apart from Dempsey and Bradley who at least look to create something. As for Nlundulu he held on to ball far too long in the first half, always trying one more trick when he could have laid it off.

I have to agree about the signings, they have been poor and looks like Evatt's streak of good January signings has ended. I think we will scrape into the play-offs bit can't see us going up to be honest

19Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Wed Apr 26 2023, 12:01

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Deep, deep down we all knew that was going to happen didn’t we?

20Bolton 0-1 Accrington  Empty Re: Bolton 0-1 Accrington Wed Apr 26 2023, 12:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Another example of unwillingness to cross the ball or take a shot.  They had 12 shots, we had 11 against another relegation side. Even Ian says we are pussyfooting around the box. Our strikers do make runs but rarely get a ball over the top to run onto. This leads to receiving the ball with back to goal and a man on. So, lack of ball control results in possession given away.
MJ had the park to himself but could never do much with it. He is a defensive player - where is our midfield creative guy who should have that ball?
Anyway it's still in our own hands but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it.
COYWM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum