Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow

+4
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
terenceanne
Norpig
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Mon Aug 07 2023, 08:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The first round is upon us again.

This should be a good run out for the fringe players but should we actually be arsed about this and focus more on our push for promotion?

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Aug 08 2023, 21:45; edited 2 times in total

2EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Mon Aug 07 2023, 12:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry i won't be there, i have some paint i need to watch dry tomorrow night.

3EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Mon Aug 07 2023, 12:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:sorry i won't be there, i have some paint i need to watch dry tomorrow night.
Very Happy Very Happy

4EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Mon Aug 07 2023, 14:29

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We should be playing all our bench players from Saturday for starters. We have new signings who need game time. Also, Sadlier needs to play.  Should be more than enough handle Barrow ......in theory of course.

5EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Mon Aug 07 2023, 15:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather spend an evening with Bonce showing me his Brucie collection.

6EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Mon Aug 07 2023, 16:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd rather spend an evening with Bonce showing me his Brucie collection.

He's on his way, have a lovely evening  Very Happy

7EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Mon Aug 07 2023, 17:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd rather spend an evening with Bonce showing me his Brucie collection.

He's on his way, have a lovely evening  Very Happy
Haha! Very Happy

8EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Mon Aug 07 2023, 18:09

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

But this is the League Cup not some Mickey Mouse affair and we’ve had some fantastic results and performances over the year and arguably could have won it a couple of times so I’m really up for it. Obviously IE will have to play pretty much a completely different 11 to both keep the players fresh and match fit but also keep them happy. You can’t really say anybody needs a rest yet, we’ve only played one game but hopefully few of Saturdays players will appear and I’d even use a few of the B Team on the bench. Without wishing to belittle Barrow we should really have more than enough to beat them comfortably so for me it’s those who didn’t start on Saturday plus hopefully John and Sadlier.

9EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Mon Aug 07 2023, 18:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Haha! Very Happy
Why did you have to tell her. It's a long way back to Warrington with all my gear.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Mon Aug 07 2023, 18:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:But this is the League Cup not some Mickey Mouse affair and we’ve had some fantastic results and performances over the year and arguably could have won it a couple of times so I’m really up for it. Obviously IE will have to play pretty much a completely different 11 to both keep the players fresh and match fit but also keep them happy. You can’t really say anybody needs a rest yet, we’ve only played one game but hopefully few of Saturdays players will appear and I’d even use a few of the B Team on the bench. Without wishing to belittle Barrow we should really have more than enough to beat them comfortably so for me it’s those who didn’t start on Saturday plus hopefully John and Sadlier.

Wasn't there some sort of a rule that a team had to play a certain number of players who took part in their last league match when playing a cup game?

I don't know if it applied only to the FA Cup, or indeed if it had since been scrapped?

Can't say I'm that interested in this game really.

Hope we win though!

11EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Mon Aug 07 2023, 18:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:But this is the League Cup not some Mickey Mouse affair and we’ve had some fantastic results and performances over the year and arguably could have won it a couple of times so I’m really up for it.

By "up for it" do you mean watching it from your armchair?

12EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Mon Aug 07 2023, 19:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:But this is the League Cup not some Mickey Mouse affair and we’ve had some fantastic results and performances over the year and arguably could have won it a couple of times so I’m really up for it.

By "up for it" do you mean watching it from your armchair?
No he means his love length for the game! Laughing

13EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Mon Aug 07 2023, 22:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:No he means his love length for the game! Laughing

Settle down, I doubt he's a ladyboy.

14EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Tue Aug 08 2023, 10:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:No he means his love length for the game! Laughing

Settle down, I doubt he's a ladyboy.
Shocked

15EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Tue Aug 08 2023, 15:04

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Has anyone got a bogus stream for tonight's game?

16EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Tue Aug 08 2023, 15:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Has anyone got a bogus stream for tonight's game?
I very much doubt it. I will have a check closer to the game but it may just be Radio Nuts.

17EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Tue Aug 08 2023, 15:29

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:
I very much doubt it. I will have a check closer to the game but it may just be Radio Nuts.
Has I have said for years we are still living in the dark ages when it comes to local football coverage. You can't even pay to watch a game. Likely a small crowd at the stadium tonight and thousands of fans internationally can't pay the club/Efl to watch it.

18EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Tue Aug 08 2023, 15:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

19EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Tue Aug 08 2023, 16:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Has I have said for years we are still living in the dark ages when it comes to local football coverage. You can't even pay to watch a game. Likely a small crowd at the stadium tonight and thousands of fans internationally can't pay the club/Efl to watch it.
I agree it’s about time they started putting the football on tv regardless of whatever bulls got excuse they come up with. 

Clubs get extra revenue and fans get to watch the game. It’s a win win!

20EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Empty Re: EFL Cup: Bolton 1-0 Barrow Tue Aug 08 2023, 18:23

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Due to competition regulations? When did they come in because I’m sure all rounds were on iFollow last year. On the team regulations Sluffy, like you I recall some restrictions in how many changes you could make but I’m unsure on it as well. I’ve actually though had a rethink on it and doubt that IE will make wholesale changes so whilst I could see 4 or 5 alterations from Saturday I’d now be surprised if it’s too many. I think Iredale will be rested and George will replace Sheehan and I can see Maghoma coming in for Morley and possibly CGM for Demps but will he bring in John and Sadlier and cup tie them if they are lining up to depart as I expect? I think he’ll stick with Rico because Toals not fit and both Dion and Victor  up front in the hope that we can get a lead and he can then rest them. Whoever starts though I’m confident of a comfortable win 2-0.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum