Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Cambridge

+4
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Fri Mar 01 2024, 23:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

About time we got back to winning ways and a home game against Cambridge is just the time to do it!

We made hard work of it about ten days back at their place but surely we've got the measure of them now?

Since our game they've lost 1-0 to both Posh and Stevenage, so their current form isn't any better than ours.

Hard to know what team Evatt will put out, but whatever it is we all know it will be playing out from the back, ponderous and snail like in build up and an incapability to slice through the opposition - which seems to be our trade mark these days.

Fear not though as we always do things the hard way, so if we can avoid giving them a goal start this time, we should (despite being so utterly predictable to play against) just about have enough quality in whatever the team picked is, for the players to be enjoying a win bonus after the final whistle goes.

Would be nice if the AC part of our AC/DC strike force can get himself a goal as by now (and after the money we paid for him) be claiming a starting place and not sitting on the bench for an hour with the venerable Cameron Jerome.

Easy win for the Wanderers, me thinks.

What about you?

2bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Fri Mar 01 2024, 23:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yep! It’s going to be a win tomorrow after Evatt has given the lads the hairdryer treatment.

I’m going for a 2-1 win. :COYW:

3bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sat Mar 02 2024, 08:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Early goal for them. Then we’ll huff and puff for the rest of the game creating nothing. 

Red card for Maghoma. 

0-2.

4bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sat Mar 02 2024, 09:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Early goal for them. Then we’ll huff and puff for the rest of the game creating nothing. 

Red card for Maghoma. 

0-2.
Thank god you quit your job on the Samaritans helpline. Very Happy

5bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sat Mar 02 2024, 09:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Early goal for them. Then we’ll huff and puff for the rest of the game creating nothing. 

Red card for Maghoma. 

0-2.
lol!

6bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sat Mar 02 2024, 10:10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:

Red card for Maghoma. 

0-2.

Ha ha ha :rofl:

7bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sat Mar 02 2024, 14:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

8bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sat Mar 02 2024, 14:49

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think we all need to get our prayer mats out today.

It's all got so bad, I'll go for a 1-1 draw, but praying we get the three points we need to steady the ship.

I feel totally disallusioned with EVANS and many of the players

9bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sat Mar 02 2024, 14:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

10bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sat Mar 02 2024, 14:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I think we all need to get our prayer mats out today.

It's all got so bad, I'll go for a 1-1 draw, but praying we get the three points we need to steady the ship.

I feel totally disallusioned with EVANS and many of the players

If we ddon't go by the end of this season, I think it's time that the club end Evatt's contract!

11bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sat Mar 02 2024, 14:59

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:

If we ddon't go by the end of this season, I think it's time that the club end Evatt's contract!
Yes, I keep wondering if we don't get promoted this season what will be the attitude of Sharon & Co  about replacing our current manager.

12bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sat Mar 02 2024, 16:19

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This could well end up a draw if we don't get that second goal.

Too much faffing about at the moment.

13bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sat Mar 02 2024, 16:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well thank fuck for that!

Finally 3 points in the bag!!!

14bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sat Mar 02 2024, 21:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sat Mar 02 2024, 23:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The shot from Dacres-Cogley (I think it was) was a superb shot. The bar must have wobbled for a good 5 mins after that fantastic strike on goal.

Just a shame it hit the bar and didn’t go in!

16bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sun Mar 03 2024, 03:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:The shot from Dacres-Cogley (I think it was) was a superb shot. The bar must have wobbled for a good 5 mins after that fantastic strike on goal.

Just a shame it hit the bar and didn’t go in!
Missed a sitter in the last game too. This time it didn’t cost us, fortunately.

17bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sun Mar 03 2024, 10:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sheehan should have got a fee kick for the pull back then Cambridge went on the attack which could have affected the game.

Ref needs to go to specsavers!

18bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sun Mar 03 2024, 10:57

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No complaints - good all-round display.
Ian always moans about a low block - but surely the plodding speed in which we attack adds to this.  Can anybody remember the last time we had a breakaway counter attack for a goal.....so the opposition as plenty of time to get back into shape.  Thats the way we play right now. 
Mags and Sheehan MOM - Put the ball in front of Collins instead of back to goal and see what happens.
Onwards to Tuesday - COWM

19bolton - Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Cambridge Sun Mar 03 2024, 16:35

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Barnsley next.SCARY!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum