Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Early Election

+6
Sluffy
Norpig
Cajunboy
luckyPeterpiper
Whitesince63
Hipster_Nebula
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Early Election  Empty Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 15:00

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Plenty of rumours flying around today.

4th JULY?

2Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 15:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They haven’t got the balls to do it.

3Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 15:20

Cajunboy

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

HUNT pulls out of Peston prog.

Cabinet meeting at 4 0'clock.

Cameron flies home early.

4Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 15:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It certainly is looking that something is going on!

5Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 15:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The sooner the better! Get Sunak and his cronies out of Government as last!

6Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 16:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

They are only announcing it today to bury the 'bad news' from Vennells at the inquiry...

...isn't the right Bob?

TPTB at work!!!

7Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 16:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

IMG-1824

Fucking yeaaaah!!!

8Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 16:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Early Election  GOMUdhmX0AAE7EC?format=jpg&name=small

9Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 16:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fantastic. Imagine the scenes if it’s a hung parliament with Tory’s ahead by 1 seat.  Laughing

10Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 16:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Fantastic. Imagine the scenes if it’s a hung parliament with Tory’s ahead by 1 seat.  Laughing
The Tories will be lucky to get one seat!

11Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 17:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

IMG-1827
upload pic

Hurry up and fuck off Rishi with your other scummy chums cuntface!

12Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 17:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rishi and Lineker could be twins with their jug ears

13Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 17:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's going to be fascinating this election as there is just so many variables.

Yes I imagine Labour will do good and the Conservatives very bad but it is about how the other political parties do because of the votes flowing away from Conservatives and possibly away from the SNP too.

Reform will draw voters away from Conservatives, so might stop the Lib Dems getting the protest votes and end up keeping Tories in seats that otherwise they would have lost to the Lib Dems.

Similarly some SNP seats might even be Tory gains as voters cast there votes away from the current SNP political car crash that is on going.

Will Labour win an overall majority - people tend to stick to how they usually vote in General Elections and protest with their votes in by-elections.

If/when the Conservatives lose will the loonies like W63's pin-ups Liz Truss and mentalist Braverman take control of the party and drive in further to the right?

Could Rishi pull off a miracle and win, with a much reduced majority (I doubt it but you can rule it but - he's called the election now (he didn't have to) so he must think it is the best time for him to go for it).

It will be interesting to see what happens in Northern Ireland with the power sharing, Sinn Fein to win even more seats perhaps (Trivia Fact - Sinn Fein never attend Parliament and thus don't vote on anything there).

Will Lindsay Hoyle stand again and if so will he be voted back as speaker - the SNP won't vote for him!

A lot going on at this election - should be fun!

14Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Wed May 22 2024, 18:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can’t stand Sir Keir Rodney Starmer KCB KC but I have to say that was probably his best speech that he just gave. 

Sunak standing in the pissing rain getting drowned out by muppets with a loud speaker. Tragic optics.

15Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Thu May 23 2024, 08:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see Sunak and his cronies have already started Project Fear, going to be a long 6 weeks!

16Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Thu May 23 2024, 08:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

17Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Thu May 23 2024, 09:32

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tories to win by a landslide as Labour vote collapses when people finally see they have no credible plans. Liz Truss returns as PM, Suella as Foreign Secretary and Farage joins the Lords and becomes Home Secretary. Let’s get ready to rumble :rofl:

18Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Thu May 23 2024, 17:15

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:It's going to be fascinating this election as there is just so many variables.

Yes I imagine Labour will do good and the Conservatives very bad but it is about how the other political parties do because of the votes flowing away from Conservatives and possibly away from the SNP too.

Reform will draw voters away from Conservatives, so might stop the Lib Dems getting the protest votes and end up keeping Tories in seats that otherwise they would have lost to the Lib Dems.

Similarly some SNP seats might even be Tory gains as voters cast there votes away from the current SNP political car crash that is on going.

Will Labour win an overall majority - people tend to stick to how they usually vote in General Elections and protest with their votes in by-elections.

If/when the Conservatives lose will the loonies like W63's pin-ups Liz Truss and mentalist Braverman take control of the party and drive in further to the right?

Could Rishi pull off a miracle and win, with a much reduced majority (I doubt it but you can rule it but - he's called the election now (he didn't have to) so he must think it is the best time for him to go for it).

It will be interesting to see what happens in Northern Ireland with the power sharing, Sinn Fein to win even more seats perhaps (Trivia Fact - Sinn Fein never attend Parliament and thus don't vote on anything there).

Will Lindsay Hoyle stand again and if so will he be voted back as speaker - the SNP won't vote for him!

A lot going on at this election - should be fun!

I live in Lindsay Hoyle's constituency and he will run effectively unopposed since the speaker no longer has a specific party label. He is "The King's Man" and traditionally is not opposed by any of the 'major' parties (Conservative, Lib Dem or Labour). He would only return to being a Labour MP if a new speaker is selected in the next Parliament. 

Sinn Fein do NOT take their seats at Westminster because they refuse to swear the Oath to be loyal to the Crown. They still have offices in Westminster and staff but they cannot enter the house of commons itself or vote on bills etc. It's interesting to note the SNP who say they want independence from the UK DO swear the oath and so can take their seats as any other MP would.

My prediction is a comfortable Labour Majority but NOT the wipeout some pundits have predicted. I think Labour will get about 360 seats, the Tories around 220 and the Lib Dems around 35. The rest will be split, mostly among SNP,Sinn Fein, Ulster Unionists and the like.

19Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Thu May 23 2024, 17:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Day one of the election campaign and myself and a very close friend of mine are arguing about it already.

Roll on the 4th July! Very Happy

20Early Election  Empty Re: Early Election Mon Jun 03 2024, 10:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Labour means business.
The Fabian Society have sent me a free shopping bag!

Early Election  Img_5110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum