Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our pavements look awful!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Our pavements look awful! Empty Our pavements look awful! Fri Jun 21 2024, 09:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was just browsing the BEN online when I came across an article on a takeaway that wanted to extend it's opening ours into the early morning and then I saw this...

Our pavements look awful! 18214136

Wherever work has been done to replace pipework or something similar underground, they have simply filled the hole back in with tarmac.

When you look closer and count the amount of flags that have been taken up, wouldn't it have been better to have put them back down instead of using tarmac?

Now i'm not expecting our pavements to be made out of gold but to have some that are consistent with the current blocks/flags that are fitted or to all be matching with the rest of it and it's all across the UK!

Am I being daft about it and should I care less? What do others think?

2Our pavements look awful! Empty Re: Our pavements look awful! Fri Jun 21 2024, 09:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should utility companies etc be forced to put the pavement back to how it was before they started?

3Our pavements look awful! Empty Re: Our pavements look awful! Fri Jun 21 2024, 09:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should be saving the tarmac for the thousands of potholes  Very Happy

I'm guessing its cheaper and quicker for these companies to just use tarmac instead of putting it back as it was before.

4Our pavements look awful! Empty Re: Our pavements look awful! Fri Jun 21 2024, 11:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just another lazy, cheap, quick fix. Symptomatic of where we are right now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum