Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gillingham to refund fans after Accrington defeat

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Think our supporters deserve a few quid back from some of the games we've had recently under Mrgson and Coyle - but fair play to the Gills -

Gillingham boss Andy Hessenthaler has promised fans who travelled to Accrington their money back, courtesy of contributions from the players.

Some 261 away fans attended the League Two play-off chasers' 4-3 defeat.

Hessenthaler told BBC Radio Kent: "We'll pay for the supporters who came up this weekend. I feel really sorry for them.

"Every player in that dressing room will contribute towards the fans' travel up here."

He added: "They deserve better. They can't come up here and pay their hard-earned money to see us do that.

"I feel really sorry for them, they travelled a long, long way on a cold day and they should be rewarded. We haven't rewarded them so I think we should pay them back. We'll pay for all the supporters coming up this weekend because it's not acceptable."

Gillingham have now lost four games in a row and are ninth in League Two.

Hessenthaler concluded: "It would be easy for me to come out and hide behind things, it's not my style, I'm passionate about the club. I'm hurt. We're on a bad run. I always take full responsibility.

"I want to repay the fans on the pitch, we haven't done that. We want to repay them and reimburse them for a long journey without a performance."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16777459.stm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A free ticket to a home match or a small discount off the following seasons season ticket for each supporter who travelled to Wembley last year wouldn't have done much harm.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aye, I'll have my money back from the Stoke fiasco. ( With interest, please.)

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

4-3? Bloody hell, I can understand a 4-0 but I don't think I would be too upset seeing a 4-3 game away from home even if we did lose. Unless they were 3-0 up and lost 4-3.

If they give money back on 4-3, I think everyone who made the trip to wembley last season deserves 3 weeks in barbados courtesy of the club.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

In all honesty when I read the first line of the original post, I thought to myself, get real.

But then I found myself agreeing with Doffcocker's post completely. That was exceptional in terms of level of cost and commitment from the fans and extreme poorness from the players/club.

It's easy to be a billy big balls on an internet forum but I would have fined the players enough money to give all 25,000 who went a free ticket to our first home FA Cup game this season, as a token of goodwill, humility and apology for what was one of the worst days of many of our lives.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This time last year, me and my dad booked a 4 day break to Kos. It wasn't a holiday we were desperate to go on, it was just that it was too cheap to say no to, so we were kicking ourselves a couple of months down the line when we found out that we'd only be touching down at Liverpool airport literally the moment Bolton were kicking off an FA Cup semi final.
I was devastated and even considered saying bollocks to the holiday just to get to Wembley, in which case I would have thrown £100 (the cost of the holiday) more down the drain than most did just to get a piece of that awful day. To think how depressed I felt about the situation leading up to the game. It turned out to be one of the better decisions of my life.

Sorry if this is going a bit off topic and if I sound smug. Razz

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you enjoy Kos, Doffcocker. I have heard reports that Kos Town is a bit of a dive but Kardamena and Tingaki are supposedly alright.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There was a reason it was cheap RT, and that's because the island was like a ghost town.
We'd been to Kardamena years before in the summer when it can be the next liveliest thing to Ayia Napa, so it was a big shock to get there and there be virtually nothing open. It turns out we got there a week before everywhere was about to be re-opened after renovation, but we got by on the one or two shops and restaurants that were open and had a brilliant time.

As for Kos town, I thought it was lovely. A typical greek island centre, if you've ever been.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Greece in April is always dead. Things start to getter busier from May onwards. Not been to many Greek islands but if you go to Zante avoid Laganas. What a shithole.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Not been to many Greek islands but if you go to Zante avoid Laganas.

Too late, RT. We went there in 2000.

I was probably too young to have a fair opinion, but I remember loving it. We were a good walk away from the main strip though, which is chaotic as I'm sure you know so we were lucky in that respect.

I've been to Corfu twice, Zante the once, Kos twice and Skiathos once. I haven't a bad word to say about anywhere we've stayed, but Skiathos was by far the nicest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum