Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-0 Charlton

+19
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
bwfc71
Sluffy
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
Culcheth_White
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
JonnyRandom
Reebok Trotter
Sgt. Bash
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 17:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're in a group of 5 on 29 points - easier to slip back than to climb further so we could do with a run of wins now if we're going to put ourselves in with a chance.

Still not convinced about DF's selection and system though - as it always seems to work better when he's forced into changing it.

42Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 17:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always good to boo the team off and shout abuse at the manager when were not winning 6-0.

Jeeze.

Fans literally do expect to win handsomely every week don't they.

someone will reply "we expect decent performances" - Agree with that, but i bet the boo's would still ring out!

43Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 18:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

not to worrry,, for the next coule of weeks it will be the bells ringing out, and dnot the boos

44Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 18:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe Sordell will be available next week. That should stop the boos.

45Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 18:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't understand how DF hasn't decided on his best setup, because he should know by now that he doesn't have enough talent to rotate the team, and get consistency. Having said that, the team seem to be taking it in turns to play well. Apparently Mears had a good game today, and for many, thats a real surprise..

46Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 18:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know who got MOM ( probably Ngog ) but according to the commentators it should have been Mears. Eagles had a bit of a stinker but we managed another win without Mark Davies so that should keep Natasha happy. Rolling Eyes

47Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 18:33

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree that the performance today was not very impressive. Charlton more than matched us for the majority of that match. However, once we scored, it was only going to be a case of us extending that lead, and we did. It's nice to see us finally finish a team off and have a comfortable last few minutes. N'Gog fully deserved the man of the match award as him coming on turned the game in our favour. Two good goals as well. More please David and we might just have that late play-off push after all (but we'll wait and see on that one!)

All in all, I'm very happy with the win and the clean sheet. Less happy with the overall performance, but a win is a win. Roll on Peterboro' away!

48Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 18:35

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:I don't know who got MOM ( probably Ngog ) but according to the commentators it should have been Mears.

It was N'Gog, fully deserved. I don't know why the commentators think Mears should of got it. Unless they were at a different game to me.

Was it TowerFM or BBC Manc?

49Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 18:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

1st half we knocked it around well for periods but with very little threat in the final 3rd, we just didn't have that cutting edge to break them down which is a worry. I'd say they we're the better team for the final 10 mins in the 1st half and first 15 in the 2nd half. They offered very little up front though.

Mears was a walking liability in the 1st half, he headed a ball out for a corner when Bogdan clearley shouted at him to let it go out for a goal kick, he picked his game his game up in the 2nd half to be fair.

Ngog changed the game on it's head, held the ball up well, brought others into play and took his 2 goals very well....hopefully it's not a false storm like the Cardiff game.

50Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 19:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was listening to TowerFM. I know the commentators are biased towards Bolton but they said Mears was our best player.

51Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 19:08

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:I was listening to TowerFM. I know the commentators are biased towards Bolton but they said Mears was our best player.

In future, I suggest you only listen to radio stations who hire people with sight to commentate on football matches. Wink

Mears was poor again today, he's a League 1 player at best and we need to get him replaced ASAP.

52Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 19:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair enough. I can only go off what was said on the radio.

53Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 19:11

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Have to agree with LT on that, Mears wasn't great but having said that up until Ngog came on it was hard to tell who was our MOTM.

54Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 19:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:The performance was awful and won't in my opinion be a turning point. The side was deservedly booed off at half time, and Freedman took a lot of stick from the crowd in the second. We've rarely looked that limited going forward this season, which is a statement and half. It's a blatant risk you undertake when you go 4-5-1 with Kevin Davies. We were fortunate Charlton also had little sting going forward as Zat Knight looked exploitable to say the least. Let's hope he isn't heading back to his worst.

Correct. If Ngog hadn't scored and the game had ended 0-0 the bedsheets would have been out.

A truly woeful performance, one of the worst games of the season. None of the starting 11 played well BUT this is a game we would have lost under Coyle, so at least something has changed for the better.

55Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 19:23

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:The performance was awful and won't in my opinion be a turning point. The side was deservedly booed off at half time, and Freedman took a lot of stick from the crowd in the second. We've rarely looked that limited going forward this season, which is a statement and half. It's a blatant risk you undertake when you go 4-5-1 with Kevin Davies. We were fortunate Charlton also had little sting going forward as Zat Knight looked exploitable to say the least. Let's hope he isn't heading back to his worst.

Correct. If Ngog hadn't scored and the game had ended 0-0 the bedsheets would have been out.

A truly woeful performance, one of the worst games of the season. None of the starting 11 played well BUT this is a game we would have lost under Coyle, so at least something has changed for the better.
Exactly the point... OC would have done much worse with this group than DF has gotten out of them. Changes will have to be made, but until then, let's get as many points this month as we can. No reason not to get 4 wins in a row. Let's continue with a brace next week.

56Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 19:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I know it's only one half in 2 games at home against Cardiff and Charlton but it seems DF is able to get Ngog pumped up for a game unlike Coyle who rarely got anything from Ngog, certainly not what we saw today.

57Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 19:36

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Always good to boo the team off and shout abuse at the manager when were not winning 6-0.

Jeeze.

Fans literally do expect to win handsomely every week don't they.

someone will reply "we expect decent performances" - Agree with that, but i bet the boo's would still ring out!

You don't go to games...not that I blame you. Some people have spent hundreds on season tickets. It's a lot easier to think rationally when that's not the case and you're not sat in freezing conditions.

58Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 19:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't.

I would go if i lived nearer though, I doubt you'd go if you lived in Scotland but maybe you would.

i admire the passion of people who travel miles and miles and spend their hard earned cash on the club, but i can still disagree with the booing, though i defend anyones right to boo if thats what they want to do.

59Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 19:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It seems like Ngog was not allowed to shoot when playing for OC and DF reminded him that he is a striker - he certainly is playing more like one these days.
DF talked about squad rotation, but that doesn't seem to be happening with the strikers and Sordell must have pleasured his wife to become so ostracised, but I would like to see a bit more variation up front.
DF seems insistent on playing with one striker but keeps getting forced into throwing on another - which seems to work - so why won't he start with two?

60Bolton 2-0 Charlton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-0 Charlton Sat Dec 15 2012, 20:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
DF seems insistent on playing with one striker but keeps getting forced into throwing on another - which seems to work - so why won't he start with two?

I have the same recurring question going round in my head. I wish I knew the answer.

Likewise, what is the ACTUAL situation regarding Sordell ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum