Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Brighton

+26
doffcocker
gloswhite
Bolton Nuts
Banks of the Croal
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
scottjames30
Spillthebeans
Dinae Moe Humm
Copper Dragon
JohannesburgWanderer
Natasha Whittam
JonnyRandom
Tigermin
aaron_bwfc
Jamster26
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
Triumph
wanderlust
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

41Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great win, I'm starting to feel proud of our club again, we're going up now.
I like this Freedman, he is going to get us up.
His biggest test is, keeping us there.

COYWM, Don't forget, we beat a good team today.

42Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:05

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Brighton were good today. Bolton got the points. They hit the post and gave us several other scares but we somehow ended up with a 5th win on the bounce. 15 points from 15. Awesome achievement but I am hoping Dougie will admit that things still need to get better. There were some hairy moments and some pretty bad play at times.

KD was pretty awful, it has to be said. I didn't go the the Blackburn game and had only heard that KD had a good game from the radio commentary. Today in he ground there were several moans around me when he was announced to be starting. I asked around saying "I thought he was good on Tuesday, radio said one of the best on the pitch for us" - it really got a few people chatting and I could not find anyone who said Davies had had a good game - everyone (by everyone I mean about 5 or 6 different people around me) said he was woeful.

But for today, and for getting the points AGAIN - massive well done to all!!!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

43Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:06

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SKD played well, imo.

44Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:10

Bolton Nuts

Admin

We need just 10 more wins to achieve the title of most consecutive wins ever! (Current record 14, most recently by Arsenal)

45Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:10

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I dont think KD had a good game at all today. IMO he was fairly average against Blackburn as well. Would much prefer Cavies or Sordell to start ahead of Kavies

46Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:11

Bolton Nuts

Admin

scottjames30 wrote:SKD played well, imo.

What today? Are you off your head?

47Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Undeserved victory IMO.

I'll take it though! We were quite poor but special mentions to pratley Chungy and Lonergan. Those 3 were fantastic. Also kamara looked very impressive when he came on.

48Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

For me, a striker can be described as having a good game when he either scores or at least has an assist. As much as I like SKD, he doesn't seem to be achieving either on a regular basis, which makes me wonder what he actually does achieve, when he supposedly has a 'good game'

49Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:

He got some good tackles in.

And yes , I'm off my head.

50Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:17

Bolton Nuts

Admin

gloswhite wrote:For me, a striker can be described as having a good game when he either scores or at least has an assist. As much as I like SKD, he doesn't seem to be achieving either on a regular basis, which makes me wonder what he actually does achieve, when he supposedly has a 'good game'

Glos. Craig Davies did not score or assist. But I thought his performance was a very good 9 out of 10 when he came on. A striker doesn't have to achieve goals to have a good game. KD was just poor today. Sadly.

51Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Biggie, fair enough, but what did Craig Davies do that SKD didn't ?

52Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:21

Bolton Nuts

Admin

scottjames30 wrote:
Biggie wrote:

He got some good tackles in.

And yes , I'm off my head.

That's ok then...!

And, yes he got one decent tackle in in the first minute but it slowly deteriorated from there.

His game was summed up for me when he follollopped to the floor in an attempt to win a free kick in his own half instead of dealing with the ball bouncing in front of him. The ref didn't fall for it. And I don't think a single Bolton fan fell for it either, nobody moaned that the ref just played on. It was embarrassing. Sorry Kev.

Anyone else remember that?

53Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll wait for the KD verdict from an unbiased source.

54Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok, but when we were under the cosh, he was tackling next to the corner flag, lightweight Ngog or Sordell, wouldn't of done that.

He play's for the team, and he puts his heart and soul into it.

He did ok, for me today.

55Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'll wait for the KD verdict from an unbiased source.

Your wait is over. He was shit. Again.

56Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:26

Bolton Nuts

Admin

gloswhite wrote:Biggie, fair enough, but what did Craig Davies do that SKD didn't ?

All sorts. Won the ball in the air several times for one thing. Was creative with possession. Carried a real threat. Won the ball cleanly. Didn't lose the ball cheaply. Moved quicker. Used space better. Used his feet quicker. Brought other players into the play better. Passed accurately and with conviction.

All those things are things that CD did well. That meant he played well when he came on in my opinion. I don't think anyone would deny that everything he did was done well and was effective.

So my comment above was just to state that a player doesn't have to be directly involved in a goal to be considered to have a good game. (And if goals and assists really were the ONLY criteria for a striker to be considered useful then KD would have been retired about 10 years ago).

57Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You went to the game?

58Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

So we played with ten men, and won.

59Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He gave it his all, won a few headers in the first half, useless on the ball although he always has been! Tired in the second half and was rightly subbed.

6/10

60Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor performance, Brighton slightly the better team without ever creating too many chances.

I so want to like Freedman but picking Kevin Davies for the second time in five days was stupid. He can't hold the ball up, pass to a white shirt, or get in a scoring position. It's like playing with ten men.

On the plus side we'd have lost this game under Coyle.

The next two games are vital, 4 points minimum needed. If he plays Kevin Davies again I will be asking him to punch himself in the face.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Sat Mar 09 2013, 18:29; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum