Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Brighton

+26
doffcocker
gloswhite
Bolton Nuts
Banks of the Croal
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
terenceanne
scottjames30
Spillthebeans
Dinae Moe Humm
Copper Dragon
JohannesburgWanderer
Natasha Whittam
JonnyRandom
Tigermin
aaron_bwfc
Jamster26
Boggersbelief
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
Triumph
wanderlust
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

81Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:08

Bolton Nuts

Admin

rammywhite wrote:I thought we were lucky today to come away with three points. They were sharp and inventive and played some really attractive football. I thought for long periods we looked clumsy. A draw would have been fairer- they played the better football. But I agree that under Coyle we would probably have gone down about 0-3.
If that's how we are going to play to get to the playoffs ,and possibly promotion then it doesn't give me much pleasure. I don't think we're anywhere near good enough at the minute.

Nice little review. And one not too many will appreciate hearing after 5 wins on the trot - but it is true.

I would like to hear you expand on your opinion.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

82Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:15

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I didn't go today so can't comment on SKDs performance'

What I can comment on though is the manager's prefered starting eleven.

In my view the team now plays better without Kev. This is no criticism of Kevin at all, he has been great for BWFC and I hope he is offered a job with the club for many years to come, but professional football is a fast, hard game. We all get older inc. Kev.

I have commented before that Dougie Freedman seems to have a worrying 'I am the boss and I will mess about with the team' attitude.

There are better players sat on the bench than on the pitch; and I think that Dougie defenders would admit that, but it's a crazy way to run a team and I don't think you can get away with for ever.

83Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:16

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Fucking superb 3 points again today. We are on a great run of results at the moment. They're proving me wrong. Alonso and Pratley look like different players. Jay Spearing also had a good game again today. We should sign him imo. Same goes for Craig Dawson but I think it would be a bit harder to sign him up permanently.

Brighton looked a half decent team and passed it around nicely. We did well to hold out today. Did Alonso's goal get deflected? I thought either a defender or Ngog got a touch to it. And what did the Brighton player get sent off for?

Kevin Davies did ok today btw. I'd still play Craig Davies instead next week though.

If we keep this up we're going to do it. We are going up!!!

Come On You Whites!!!

84Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:20

Dinae Moe Humm

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

aaron_bwfc wrote:How we won that I will never know but we did, defence wise we were solid enough but apart from Spearing the rest of the midfield and attack were piss poor and offered very little.

I can see why people keep slating SKD, to be honest I would agree with them on some points but none of our strikers at the moment are doing nothing, yet we have won 5 on the bounce. Ngog was hopeless infront of goal, Sordell when he starts offers little. C.Davies is the only one with any kind of form at the moment but still nothing to write home about.

Anyway onwards and upwards, 5 wins on the bounce and 7 unbeaten, 2 clean sheets on the bounce and very close the play-offs. Very Happy

That's unfair on Pratley who was excellent. I was also impressed with Medo when he came on.

85Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

86Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:

And also, for me, the "useless with the ball" bit is also key. I am not complaining at him for not being Ronaldo or for not making lots of super passes and so on... I am moaning at him for making silly error prone passes to the opposition on several occasions. He also seemed to get the ball mixed up in his own feet without being under any pressure too. He kept making inconsistent or plain wrong runs with his movement off the ball which isolate the man on the ball a number of times.

It was no his day plain and simple. Nothing personal.

These are some of an endless list of flaws that have been on show all season. People often chose to ignore them early on because he scored a goal or passed the ball to an eventual goalscorer.
What I like about our other options is that at worst, there's a bare minimum - moderate speed, mobility, ball control, ability to turn. KDavies, at best, lacks the basics you should expect from a Championship centre forward which has often left us restricted, even at times where he has had a conventionally good game.

87Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:31

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We won and the main topic of conversation is slagging Kevin Davies off.

What a bunch of wankers.

88Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Usual suspects though Bernard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

89Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:34

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Biggie, He's had an extended career because the manager was content with having a player working in the strikers area of the park, (hence becoming a 'striker') where he disrupted the other teams defence, presumably so that his colleagues could benefit from his efforts. Unfortunately, when he was in the lone role, we've seen that this doesn't happen. In previous years he had the physical attributes to carry it off, but not now. We all know that SKD hasn't been a 'striker' in the fullest sense, for some time. I like him, and I like what he does, (sometimes), but he's not the person we want in the role he's been placed in. Unfortunately, he's getting criticsm that is quite often unfair, but his performances, in whatever role, are beginning to deteriorate, and to affect the overall team's performance. I don't think he's underachieved over the years, far from it, but I do think he is now approaching a time when he should be invoved in other facets of the team, like training, coaching, etc. I genuinely think he should hang up his boots at the end of this season, (at least in the striker role).

90Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:We won and the main topic of conversation is slagging Kevin Davies off.

What a bunch of wankers.

:agree:

91Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:52

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I hope you don't include me in the Kevslaggeroffers.

My criticism was about the manager for picking a man who should be enjoying life with his children and not running around a football pitch getting abused by people who problobably have never kicked a ball in their lives.

92Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 19:57

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There is fair criticism and then there is a group of people who just slag him off all the time.

93Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 20:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:We won and the main topic of conversation is slagging Kevin Davies off.

What a bunch of wankers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SKD, did ok today, he was defending on our Corner flag.

Great three points, against a good team.

94Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 20:12

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Over-all, allowing for the rotation of the earth, there is about as much sense and common sense in this world as there is in the % of the human race.

Make of that as you will.

For clarification please ring 0775 1056 66751.
I'll be wearing a short tight mini and white high-heels.

95Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 21:04

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Brighton where superb, their players and fans must be gutted. BUT our defence held on like 'good uns' great 3 points lets just enjoy the moment.

96Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 21:07

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:SKD played well, imo.
He is a striker or is supposed to be? how many shots did he have today? NONE yes not a one.

97Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 21:21

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

What was up with Chungy today? never seen him so poor, looked knackered. Spearing was my man of the match, sign him up.

98Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 21:30

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Triumph wrote:lets just enjoy the moment.

Stop moaning then Laughing

99Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 21:38

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Not getting drawn into the SKD debate, as has been mentioned, this thread should be about our FIFTH consecutive win! I think a sixth is one of the signs of the apocalypse, but bugger to that, I want us to win win win! 3 points off the play-offs now! We were relegation bound a few monthsweeks ago! What a crazy league.

I'm so happy at the moment. that not even a tin pot club like Wigan Latics getting to Wembley can bring me down!

♩♬ WE ARE GOING UP! (and latics going down!) WE ARE GOING UP! (and latics going down!) ♪♫

100Bolton 1-0 Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Brighton Sat Mar 09 2013, 22:06

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good win today obviously ..... I don't like the fact that they had 20+ shots and more possession. Stats like that are not good indicators especially when we are the home side.
Mathmatically we can still win the division ...that's a stat for yer.
SKD debate ...... it's all opinion but seems like the majority have admitted it's time to hang it up. We are probably looking at 9 more games in his career. Looking at it that way I would argue what is the point of playing him now exactly? Surely time to hand the reins over to Ngog/Sordell ....or give Eaves a sniff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum