Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W

+21
Sluffy
bwfc71
chipbutty
scottjames30
CAMPO
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
WhiteBic
karlypants
JonnyRandom
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Sgt. Bash
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 19:10

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Jimmy, I disagree. It's not poor management, it's management from a man who obviously cannot manage at all in any sense of the word.

His bizarre team selections and substitutions are well known and not worth going over. His failure to strengthen the weak areas (defence, mid-field, strikers) in January. And now just this week, not extending Dawson's contract (for some very odd reason) and farming out our best player to a rival club just confirms that the man is in the wrong job. Football management is obviously not something he can do.

Eddie Davis tonight must have very serious doubts about his investment.
His thoughts can only bring him back to the man who has made poor decisions in appointing the team manager.
The chairman, Phil Gartside, is paid I believe about £600,000pa for his position. I hope I'm wrong and that someone can correct me. The board meets about once a month (sometimes less) for about a 2-3hr meeting. Fans should not get the idea that being chairman is a full time job.

The debt the club has (where has the money gone, not on players) and the position we are in compared to four or five years ago is totally unacceptable yet the chairman just smile though it all as if everything is just splendid.

There is something serious wrong at Bolton Wanderers and I only hope that it all comes out.

42Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 19:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holden managed 60 minutes today for SheffWed.

Played well according to the fans but clearly not fit.

So, so far so good.

43Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 20:18

chipbutty wrote:Jimmy, I disagree. It's not poor management, it's management from a man who obviously cannot manage at all in any sense of the word.

His bizarre team selections and substitutions are well known and not worth going over. His failure to strengthen the weak areas (defence, mid-field, strikers) in January. And now just this week, not extending Dawson's contract (for some very odd reason) and farming out our best player to a rival club just confirms that the man is in the wrong job. Football management is obviously not something he can do.

if you really think this you're completely deluded, almost every point goes against the facts.

There can't be many complaints about his selection today (IMO), Sordell in (scored) Medo in (scored). It was the right line up in me eyes and the one I wanted but doubted we'd see.

He made numerous signings in January, strengthening the defence with Dawson, midfield with Medo and Up front with C Davies. Not to mention the other signings.

Holden isn't our best player if he isn't fit, and by all accounts he hasn't looked fit in any of his appearances since his return, he got an hour today and the value of loaning him out is so obvious it's a joke how you can't grasp it is beyond me.

I can understand people saying he should have taken Ricketts off today, as that's a fair argument. Having said that if he'd brought on Butterfield at half time and he'd been torn apart by the winger all game we'd be saying taking Ricketts off was suicide.

Today showed how far we still are from being a top side in this division, individual mistakes are still costing us but not defending a 2-0 lead is inexcusable from the management and players POV.

But what you've written above is invented I'm afraid.

44Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 20:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm starting to wonder if CB is a troll.

45Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 21:09

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I'm starting to wonder if CB is a troll.

I don't think so hips?

He has some good points in the bag.

46Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 21:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

I don't think so hips?

really? I must have missed them.

47Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 21:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

I don't think so hips?

really? I must have missed them.

Poor management for one.

48Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 21:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dawson's contract for two.

49Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 21:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairman's wage point three.

50Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 21:28

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Dear 74, Thank you for your reply but as you may expect I disagree with some of your assessment.

My complaint about DFs selection is not so much which players he picks (but of course that's always a good talking point) but his constant changing, not just the individuals, but the position they play.
To compound this the only player not to be unsure of his place is one of the worst (I won't say his name, we all know it).

I disagree about his strengthening with the exception of Dawson, who if you recall, he is sending back. (When it turns out, we could keep him).

The Holden situation has understandably been the cause of much debate.
I am myself of the view that to let your best player (he should be fit or close to it) go to another club, then this cannot be beneficial to the owning/home club.

Anyway, sad to say, from what I have seen so far, I have no confidence whatsoever in Dougie Freedman and can't see the next season being any different from this.

51Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 21:30

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

p

Last edited by chipbutty on Sat Mar 30 2013, 21:34; edited 1 time in total

52Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 21:32

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just last week I was arguing with the daft on this board about 5 on the bounce and Ipswich was a fluke. Now two losses in a row ??? what does it mean ??? no idea.
But anyway today the team was relatively good on paper .....can't complain much about that. The sad truth is that even our best 11 (or close to it) are simply not good enough. They are doing the best they can but the quality is not there.
We are not just unlucky but are well beaten...outplayed...... I don't mind losing a game if you are well in it and get robbed....that happens to the best of them.
Somehow in the summer we need to regroup and get 6 or 7 new players....I don't think it's just a tweek here and there.

53Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 22:39

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We were all over them until we went 2-0 up. Then we stopped playing for some reason. Ricketts was a red card waiting to happen once he'd been booked. The referee was terrible. We really should've been good enough to win this though because Charlton didn't play well. And I'm fucking wasted.

54Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 22:44

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:We were all over them until we went 2-0 up. Then we stopped playing for some reason. Ricketts was a red card waiting to happen once he'd been booked. The referee was terrible. We really should've been good enough to win this though because Charlton didn't play well. And I'm fucking wasted.

I agree with the last bit.

55Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 23:13

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

On another day it would have finished 2-1 Bolton. We were much in control until the sending off. Is Ricketts out of contract in the summer? He's been off the pace since last year, in my opinion.

Only criticism of Dougie is bringing CYL off at 3-2, which left us chasing the game with no width whatsoever. The starting eleven was bob on and a few players were unlucky to be on the losing side.

Have to say Butterfield infuriated me every time he got the ball. He wasn't tested much defensively but was appalling going forward. Shocking distribution.

56Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sat Mar 30 2013, 23:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I lost count how many times I heard on the radio that Butterfield had put a poor ball in the box or made a poor pass.

The young lad Odelusi sounded lively, can't imagine it would have gone down well with SKD.

57Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sun Mar 31 2013, 09:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was the right team. It's a shame these players have the backbone of a jellyfish and as soon as they come under any pressure they cave in.

Dougie needs to address this instead of blaming the ref.

58Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sun Mar 31 2013, 09:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

59Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sun Mar 31 2013, 09:58

60Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W - Page 3 Empty Re: Charlton Ath 3-2 Bolton W Sun Mar 31 2013, 10:00

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum